• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Amazing that sells that high but Savage Dragon 102 can be had at cover and its first Invincible.

it's all about the hype of PP. There are countless image books that have 1st previews / flip books for other titles and many of them are worthless.

Worth owning in regards to speculation:

WD

Chew

PP

? I may be missing a few others.

Edited by Mangbus

Amazing that sells that high but Savage Dragon 102 can be had at cover and its first Invincible.

it's all about the hype of PP. There are countless image books that have 1st previews / flip books for other titles and many of them are worthless.

WD

Chew

PP

Revival seems to be a tough one to get.

WD

Chew

PP

Is that Epic Kill #2?

WD

Chew

PP

Is that Epic Kill #2?

Yes Revival is in Epic Kill 2 but it is not a first appearance only a preview.

WD

Chew

PP

Is that Epic Kill #2?

Yes Revival is in Epic Kill 2 but it is not a first appearance only a preview.

so, worthless?

Savage Dragon 102 is NOT the 1st Invincible.... (tsk)

That's because Tech Jacket #1 is.

I think in the short term you could probably take advantage of an over hyped titles preview to make some money as proven in this thread, but its not really considered the first appearance if its just material from a yet to be printed comic serving as an advertisement.

This is Invincible's first appearance but there are other notable issues:

IMG_0721.jpg[/img]

Masters of the Universe 1 has a preview; the Graham Crackers Variant, Gold foil cover and 2nd Print appear to the be the hardest to come by. There is also a museum edition for issue 1 but I do not know if the Invincible preview is inside.

Marvel Team-up 14-Spidey and Invincible team up!

Savage Dragon and Brit contain some early appearances along with Image's four issues series The Pact. Savage 102 is pretty hard to find, at least in New England. Other than the issues with Hellboy and some later issues with presidents I can't think of harder Dragon issues to locate.

Any early issue of Invincible will not be easy to acquire but the ones with Hector Plasm are really tough to get.

Tech Jacket 1 has a preview too!

That's because Tech Jacket #1 is.

(thumbs u

If you count previews as 1st appearances of course...

Tech Jacket #1 came out 11/20/02. Diamond Archives for 11/20/02

Savage Dragon #102 came out 12/04/02. Diamond Archives for 12/04/02

It's a common misconception because of the CGC label for Savage Dragon 102. But CGC simply puts whatever it says inside the comic on their label. In reality, that book was LATE.