• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

The funniest thing is that it's all the same people doing this again. There are no new kids buying these books - it's the kids of 1992 in their mid thirties, doomed to repeat past failures. lol

The funniest thing is that it's all the same people doing this again. There are no new kids buying these books - it's the kids of 1992 in their mid thirties, doomed to repeat past failures. lol

:golfclap:

I just started collecting books last year. Was only collecting SW figures, not books. I'm scared, of this 90's talk. Does anyone remember how horrible the toys were in the 90's? I'm not just talking SW, I'm talking about everything.

Edited by retrothecollector

You know what guys - ITS SUDDENLY COOL TO LOVE READING COMICS!

It's like vinyl records - sometimes the simple stuff is the best.

You know what guys - ITS SUDDENLY COOL TO LOVE READING COMICS!

It's like vinyl records - sometimes the simple stuff is the best.

AND although we drop some $$$ on books, buying a reading a comic is a relatively inexpensive hobby for non-serious collectors (as compared to golf for example).

Something that I know my LCS guy does that drive me nutty... he hoards new releases himself and says they are sold out. When Bravest Warriors came out I was in the shop and asked about it. He said, QUOTE... "It's sold out but I can let you have one for $30. That's what they are going for online." No thanks dude. I told him I just wanted to check it out and see what the hype was over (only wanted to buy one copy). He said, QUOTE... "Well, that's what the second print is for....... "

hm I'm starting to wonder why I still go there?? Oh yeah, it's the only game in town.

Atomic Comics in Phoenix use to do this.

Something that I know my LCS guy does that drive me nutty... he hoards new releases himself and says they are sold out. When Bravest Warriors came out I was in the shop and asked about it. He said, QUOTE... "It's sold out but I can let you have one for $30. That's what they are going for online." No thanks dude. I told him I just wanted to check it out and see what the hype was over (only wanted to buy one copy). He said, QUOTE... "Well, that's what the second print is for....... "

hm I'm starting to wonder why I still go there?? Oh yeah, it's the only game in town.

Atomic Comics in Phoenix use to do this.

Indeed. Owners should focus on the the "used to".