• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Dreamlandcomics cancelled my order for Todd, the ugliest kid. hm...

It will happen if a bunch of people place big orders on one title at once. They are a great retailer, but a small one. It happened to me once with them. On a hot book a looonnngggg time ago. They just didn't have the stock and more than likely had a bunch of people checking out at once.

That's the danger of posting your source on the board...

It will happen if a bunch of people place big orders on one title at once. They are a great retailer, but a small one. It happened to me once with them. On a hot book a looonnngggg time ago. They just didn't have the stock and more than likely had a bunch of people checking out at once.

Midtown cancelled all of my pending orders and refunded me all of my money because I clicked the wrong shipping option of Dynamic Forces dot com five months previously. When my Dynamic Forces order was cancelled and I was told I was now barred from the site (for choosing the wrong shipping option to Canada) , Midtown cancelled all of my prerelease orders. Seriously.

Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii

Midtown cancelled all of my pending orders and refunded me all of my money because I clicked the wrong shipping option of Dynamic Forces dot com five months previously. When my Dynamic Forces order was cancelled and I was told I was now barred from the site (for choosing the wrong shipping option to Canada) , Midtown cancelled all of my prerelease orders. Seriously.

Time for a midtown video jimmy.

I feel like if I just posted the e-mails between me and the dynamic forces guy, a painting of how Dynamic Forces makes no sense would be painted.

"...could I just pay the difference? I've been waiting four months for this item to be processed and I really want the sketch cover signed by John Romita!..."

"no. Your orders will not be processed. All the best."

"...This is bad customer services..."

"No. Your orders were never processed. All the best"

My point is that, right now there are no online comic companies that I regularly use /trust.

Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii

I feel like if I just posted the e-mails between me and the dynamic forces guy, a painting of how Dynamic Forces makes no sense would be painted.

"...could I just pay the difference? I've been waiting four months for this item to be processed and I really want the sketch cover signed by John Romita!..."

"no. Your orders will not be processed. All the best."

"...This is bad customer services..."

"No. Your orders were never processed. All the best"

My point is that, right now there are no online comic companies that I regularly use /trust.

I have a bedlam #1 9.8 that I ordered from them months ago that hasn't processed yet. I wish they WOULD cancel that order.

Edited by Awax

PP raw is still selling well. I don't think they're quite as hot as they were, maybe Revival will pick up the heat with the new issue out this week.

Funny you say that I sold out of Revival at the VCC and I even filled orders I didn't advertise. It might not be hot yet slabbed, but raw I can sell all I want for $20-30 easy. Saga the same way had 4 buyers inquiring about my copy in VCC. I have no doubt if I put up my Nowhere Men copies they would have sold as well.

Peter Panzerfaust #1 has now had 2 sales over $500.

To be fair, those were both SS 9.8's with sketches. 3 blue labels sold for over $400 but the sales have been cancelled and no longer show as sold. One blue label showing sold for $355 but the last two sales before that were $200 and $140.

I own two blue's and would love it to be a $500 book but still would caution other potential buyers to be leery of the pricing right now as there seems to be some shilling afoot.

these thin markets are so easy to manipulate. this is worse than penny stocks.

So explain the raw that just sold for $350?

No manipulation here, just thousands of people wanting a very scarce book.

If it helps you to think its all smoke and mirrors, fair enough, but those of us who have followed, and purchased this book from day 1, know exactly the amount of "need" that is in the market right now.

I bought my first PP #1 9.8 (blue) with a 9.8 copy of Alpha Girl (blue) for $70 - 6 months ago.

I was in right from the start and knew, even at $110 for #1 - #6 that this was a winner.

If I see a raw run of #1 - #8 for $300 or less - I will buy without hesitation.

There is still an awful lot of room in this book.

Simply because it is awesome.

Brilliantly awesome.

Peter Panzerfaust #1 has now had 2 sales over $500.

To be fair, those were both SS 9.8's with sketches. 3 blue labels sold for over $400 but the sales have been cancelled and no longer show as sold. One blue label showing sold for $355 but the last two sales before that were $200 and $140.

I own two blue's and would love it to be a $500 book but still would caution other potential buyers to be leery of the pricing right now as there seems to be some shilling afoot.

these thin markets are so easy to manipulate. this is worse than penny stocks.

So explain the raw that just sold for $350?

No manipulation here, just thousands of people wanting a very scarce book.

If it helps you to think its all smoke and mirrors, fair enough, but those of us who have followed, and purchased this book from day 1, know exactly the amount of "need" that is in the market right now.

I bought my first PP #1 9.8 (blue) with a 9.8 copy of Alpha Girl (blue) for $70 - 6 months ago.

I was in right from the start and knew, even at $110 for #1 - #6 that this was a winner.

If I see a raw run of #1 - #8 for $300 or less - I will buy without hesitation.

There is still an awful lot of room in this book.

Simply because it is awesome.

Brilliantly awesome.

we were in since day one also, just mistakenly didn't go to ordering online to bulk up what we had. we hit up I think 5 shops that wednesday it came out and came away with 3 copies of #1. and those three came from the two shops that had it the others went "peter what?"

for the first 3-4 issues only on shop even got them in and rarely did they order over 4-5 copies even now with the popularity surging online most of the shops here don't carry it since it just didn't catch on/hasn't

I'm guessing the same thing is going on in a lot of places - so anyone that is actually trying to hunt down copies has to pay