• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Just read Blackacre and now I am real glad I didn't drop a dime on it.

+1 I read the first 2 issue's and I'm not that sold on it. The only reason I checked it out in the first place was Hickman giving it rave praises. I'm not sold, but I could be wrong.

I cleaned out my LCS a week ago. 2 ones and 2 twos. If I double my $$ I'm happy.

Is this an attempt to artificially create a "hot" title by buying up all the stock or is there some news on this title that's causing this sudden interest?

The former

lol -this entire forum has devolved into this practice.

I know. Sounds like the "pump and dump" strategy used in the penny stock world lol

Is this an attempt to artificially create a "hot" title by buying up all the stock or is there some news on this title that's causing this sudden interest?

The former

I know. Sounds like the "pump and dump" strategy used in the penny stock world lol

The question is, who's getting dumped on? I wonder if we removed ebay, and did all the transactions here, would most of the bids and ask be all of us? haha

The former

i've used this analogy several times. the pink sheets have tighter regulations

What's not to like about MHP?

Orgy Pagan worshipping US Presidents

Crazy AI computers(sort of)

Cold War revisited( and how!!!)

Crazy portrayals of Historical figures

Science

Star gates

Intergalactic Wars

Nazis

Yuri Gagaran, Albert Einstein.

Talking dogs.....

I don't want to sound like I live under a rock.... But sitting here, under my rock, I'd not heard of this book before this thread. Your little synopsis sparked my interest... so I jumped in Comixology and what do you know! Issue 1 is free. Currently downloading - thx for the tip.

If I can own 1% or more of the total print run I'm going for it. Up until a few hours ago I don't know if I had competition, I'm reluctant to buy the remaining copies on eBay just because its single copies and not a bulk purchase. I'm also planning to slab some of these.

I have 1 #1 and 1 2nd print of Black acre, what is driving the hype on this one? I actually havent gotten around to reading it yet but I ordered it cause I remember a lot of people talking about it.

What's not to like about MHP?

Orgy Pagan worshipping US Presidents

Crazy AI computers(sort of)

Cold War revisited( and how!!!)

Crazy portrayals of Historical figures

Science

Star gates

Intergalactic Wars

Nazis

Yuri Gagaran, Albert Einstein.

Talking dogs.....

I don't want to sound like I live under a rock.... But sitting here, under my rock, I'd not heard of this book before this thread. Your little synopsis sparked my interest... so I jumped in Comixology and what do you know! Issue 1 is free. Currently downloading - thx for the tip.

All you need to do now is figure out how to get it slabbed for under $60.

Oh, hang-on its digital.

Carry on.

Buy buy buy buy buy buy

Then read and see if it's any good...

Most relevant comment in ages... like I said Blackacre seems to need a few more issues to develop. If it develops.

Very true.

BTW how many copies of Blackacre #1 do you think Midtown ordered?

Not wanting to rain on anyones parade but they had 45 left in sock 1 month after release, seems like 2 or 3 people on here bought the last 45 copies and everyone is

amazed that it's sold out (shrug)

(Also, I'm leaving "sock", just saw it & would be interested to see if anyone finds

a nice pic of comics in a sock) :idea:

Buy buy buy buy buy buy

Then read and see if it's any good...

Most relevant comment in ages... like I said Blackacre seems to need a few more issues to develop. If it develops.

Very true.

BTW how many copies of Blackacre #1 do you think Midtown ordered?

Not wanting to rain on anyones parade but they had 45 left in sock 1 month after release, seems like 2 or 3 people on here bought the last 45 copies and everyone is

amazed that it's sold out (shrug)

(Also, I'm leaving "sock", just saw it & would be interested to see if anyone finds

a nice pic of comics in a sock) :idea:

I saw it & just laughed figuring it was word predictor at work. lol