• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

If Image made Hawkeye, it'd be $50 raw by now, and people would be praising it's "minimalist style art" :D, jsut saying.... ;)

and you'd actually be able to read it without adverts in the middle of the story ;)

not to mention the paperstock would be nice

:applause:

What's not to like about MHP?

Orgy Pagan worshipping US Presidents

Crazy AI computers(sort of)

Cold War revisited( and how!!!)

Crazy portrayals of Historical figures

Science

Star gates

Intergalactic Wars

Nazis

Yuri Gagaran, Albert Einstein.

Talking dogs.....

I don't want to sound like I live under a rock.... But sitting here, under my rock, I'd not heard of this book before this thread. Your little synopsis sparked my interest... so I jumped in Comixology and what do you know! Issue 1 is free. Currently downloading - thx for the tip.

All you need to do now is figure out how to get it slabbed for under $60.

Oh, hang-on its digital.

Carry on.

(shrug)

I'll read anything & digital kicks for that. But I only collect Bat slabs.

The art in Hawkeye isnt very good, but its written so well that it doesnt detract a whole lot. What kills me on some books PP including is when the art is so unappealing to me that it distracts me from reading the story.

Now one of these days I will learn that my taste doesnt reflect the market overall. Same mistake I made with Chew even though I still dont like the book.

you have to watch the trends 7 days a week to catch a sleeper, and listen to the news about potential comic cancellations or tv show pilots.

I knew PP could explode about 2 days before it happened, it took that long and maybe a little longer for it to filter online to auctions and increase in price.

Spot on K.

It's funny that the harder some of the best flippers work,the luckier they get.

Who knew?

Sixth Gun and RIPD are great examples of that.

The ones who kept researching were the ones that have 10+ nice copies sitting in bags/boards or slabs,waiting for the general public to catch on.

Jeff didn't acquire 100 (or whatever) copies of WD #1 by sheer chance.

Buying one of every Image comic is ok.

Buying 10 and hoping to hit the jackpot is a quick way to lose a couple of grand.

Edited by Andy70

Malibu Sun #13 - 1st App. of Spawn? @ $16+ & 8 bids on eBay!

Django Unchained #1 - $20+ & 26 bids.

Revival #1 - $20+ & 3 bids.

Peter Panzerfaust #2 - $34 & 10 bids.

Batman #1 - $35 & 15 bids

Sixth Gun #1 & #2 - @ $61 & 2 bids.

Than tons and tons of PF #1 and ToT #1 listings towards the top. But want is fun is all the complete sets that are doing well of various titles. Take a peek :shy:

Malibu Sun #13 - 1st App. of Spawn? @ $16+ & 8 bids on eBay!

Django Unchained #1 - $20+ & 26 bids.

Revival #1 - $20+ & 3 bids.

Peter Panzerfaust #2 - $34 & 10 bids.

Batman #1 - $35 & 15 bids

Sixth Gun #1 & #2 - @ $61 & 2 bids.

Than tons and tons of PF #1 and ToT #1 listings towards the top. But want is fun is all the complete sets that are doing well of various titles. Take a peek :shy:

PF #8 is even hitting over $20 now...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271143772204?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

I can see why Star Wars 1 is a winner for Dark Horse. I read a newstand copy today. Its well written, low print run, good art, HUGE fan base lying dormant, and new movie coming out. All a nice combination for a hit.

What was the print run? I would have thought it to be fairly large.

I can see why Star Wars 1 is a winner for Dark Horse. I read a newstand copy today. Its well written, low print run, good art, HUGE fan base lying dormant, and new movie coming out. All a nice combination for a hit.

What was the print run? I would have thought it to be fairly large.

You know you could be right I didnt checked. I just assumed being from Dark Horse and losing the license it wouldnt be as high as normal.