• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I've been thinking..

Nowhere men #3 is the last of the short print flips for us.

Every other Image book with any substance is going to be over ordered from here on out. If not by the spectators, but by comic stores also.

I saw it happen at my LCS with Batman DOTF books. After batgirl and cat woman, the shelves still have every die cut cover available.

I think East of West is going to be the first book that everyone is going to have mega copies of.

There's always going to be a diamond in the rough, but saga, PP, nowhere men, ToT etc will be plenty ordered from here on out.

It's been fun...

I've been thinking..

Every other Image book with any substance is going to be over ordered from here on out. If not by the spectators, but by comic stores also.

I saw it happen at my LCS with Batman DOTF books. After batgirl and cat woman, the shelves still have every die cut cover available.

I think East of West is going to be the first book that everyone is going to have mega copies of.

There's always going to be a diamond in the rough, but saga, PP, nowhere men, ToT etc will be plenty ordered from here on out.

It's been fun...

Curious to see what the numbers are for East of West #1. Wonder if there will be over 37k

I've been thinking..

It's been fun...

Disagree my friend. There will ALWAY be a book that flies under the radar. Publishers didn't print many due to risk, readers trickle along, fan base grows. BOOM!!! TWD took a while to grow into what it is. There will be books out now that we do not talk about that will come out of left field and create a storm. Once again, I'm only wrong half the time... :grin:

Edited by ItsJustRyan

I've been thinking..

It's been fun...

I think people were saying that about Saga 1 and ToT 1 though, and look at their prices. There was heavy speculation from the start on those books.

I've been thinking..

It's been fun...

Disagree my friend. There will ALWAY be a book that flies under the radar. Publishers didn't print many due to risk, readers trickle along, fan base grows. BOOM!!! TWD took a while to grow into what it is. There will be books out now that we do not talk about that will come out of left field and create a storm. Once again, I'm only wrong half the time... :grin:

I'm surprised another Image book Severed didn't get popular,it really was a great mini.

I'm with you for the most part but there will still be micro print run books that pick up steam because of great stories and/or movie deals.

Mind MGMT as a recent example. The book is selling for close to $50 with word of the movie deal yesterday. Only 7k copies of the 1st issue and 5k copies of the 2nd issue. These were going for $1 on ebay and you couldnt give them away.

I'm surprised another Image book Severed didn't get popular,it really was a great mini.

You said the magic word... I dig Happy! and wish it was ongoing.

Happy was picked up to be a movie but for some reason I dont see any buzz about it!

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a429518/rza-to-make-comic-movie-based-on-grant-morrisons-happy.html

Because it is a 4 issue mini-series. For some reason people don't really seem to care about mini-series.

EDIT: Sorry I mean they don't really seem to go up too much value wise if it's a mini-series. Doesn't mean people don't love mini-series :cloud9:

Edited by Tuff Ghost

I've been thinking..

It's been fun...

(tsk)

Bedlam has that covered ;)

I've been thinking..

It's been fun...

(tsk)

Bedlam has that covered ;)

Yep.