• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I really need to vent a LCS story.

I was a store with a couple of friends yesterday, and bought 2 copies of Mind MGMT #1 based on a couple of posts I saw on this thread. Later I saw that the book was selling for alot more, so I went back to try and get the remaining copies of it from the store. A family member suggested coming with me, but I told them no since I had no problem getting 2 copies yesterday.

Of course, when I got to the store, and tried to get the 4 copies, the store worker started to look at the books, and get suspicious. One of the employees literally went on eBay RIGHT IN FRONT ME (the screen was facing me), and looked up the book, and whispered to the guy that the book is now a $60 book, which of course I heard. He then told me that the store has a limit of 1 copy on new books, which is apparently a policy that was implemented less than 24 hours ago, because I bought 2 copies of the book yesterday. I told him I drove 30 mins to get there and need to get at least 2 copies (1 more for me, 1 for my friend) and would even pay alittle over cover, since I just wanted to make it worth the trip. He then started saying that there are people with pull lists that will need this book. Apparently the people with pull lists must be really good customers if they put 6+ month old books in their boxes. The guy then acted like he was doing me a favor selling me 1 copy at cover, and told me that they never charge over cover for newer books. Meanwhile, they have books that are barely 2 months old for way over cover price sitting right next to the register. Of course, he looked like a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person the entire time, but I chose to just take the 1 book and leave.

And here is their item up on eBay now thanks to my apparent tip.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIND-MGMT-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-0-MATT-KINDT-ALL-1ST-PRINT-/230921653401?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item35c400cc99

I know its my fault for not getting all of the books yesterday, but the fact that these people were lying and making up policies makes me furious.

I was a store with a couple of friends yesterday, and bought 2 copies of Mind MGMT #1 based on a couple of posts I saw on this thread. Later I saw that the book was selling for alot more, so I went back to try and get the remaining copies of it from the store. A family member suggested coming with me, but I told them no since I had no problem getting 2 copies yesterday.

Of course, when I got to the store, and tried to get the 4 copies, the store worker started to look at the books, and get suspicious. One of the employees literally went on eBay RIGHT IN FRONT ME (the screen was facing me), and looked up the book, and whispered to the guy that the book is now a $60 book, which of course I heard. He then told me that the store has a limit of 1 copy on new books, which is apparently a policy that was implemented less than 24 hours ago, because I bought 2 copies of the book yesterday. I told him I drove 30 mins to get there and need to get at least 2 copies (1 more for me, 1 for my friend) and would even pay alittle over cover, since I just wanted to make it worth the trip. He then started saying that there are people with pull lists that will need this book. Apparently the people with pull lists must be really good customers if they put 6+ month old books in their boxes. The guy then acted like he was doing me a favor selling me 1 copy at cover, and told me that they never charge over cover for newer books. Meanwhile, they have books that are barely 2 months old for way over cover price sitting right next to the register. Of course, he looked like a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person the entire time, but I chose to just take the 1 book and leave.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIND-MGMT-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-0-MATT-KINDT-ALL-1ST-PRINT-/230921653401?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item35c400cc99

I know its my fault for not getting all of the books yesterday, but the fact that these people were lying and making up policies makes me furious.

I think if you only tried to buy two copies it would have been fine.

Three copies of the same book from a new customer who doesn't have a pull list is suspicious. 2c

I think if you only tried to buy two copies it would have been fine.

Three copies of the same book from a new customer who doesn't have a pull list is suspicious. 2c

I go in there plenty, and spend $50+ every time.

Obviously, that's not going to happen anymore.

Edited by lemonman5

I go in there plenty, and spend $50+ every time.

Obviously, that's not going to happen anymore.

I had a similar experience a few months ago with a store I use to buy Pokemon cards from when I was 12. "I don't give a ef you only buy whats hot" was definitely yelled at me.

You just have to be careful when you are speculating because you don't want to tread in too much water.

Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii