• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

UK update

Saga (yes SAGAH!) #7, #8 & #9 selling for 3 x cover

(#9 still in stock at Diamond, some retailers just don't look)

Todd #1 - last 6 sales £6 - £11

ASM #698 - #699 - brisk sales at £7 - £10

Dias De Los Muertos #1 - easy £12 a pop (in stock at FP & Travelling Man (for UK boardies - Travelling Man have it as a special (£2.60)

Oh isn't ebay fun (shrug)

Borderlands Origins - started to slow but where DC & marvel 1:10 are £4.95 sales

Borderlands 1:10 are easy £15 sales

Invincible 98, 99 - none listed - last sales £6 each

PP #9 - HOLY RUDE WORD WITHOUT LETTING THE FILTER CHANGE IT

The only new books that I have to report and add to this tread are:

Peter Panzerfaust #9 - $14+ didn't this just come out yesterday?

Amazing Spider-Man #606 Sketch - $15+

Iron Man #282 - $20+ because it's the 1st war machine.

Invincible #11 - $20+ I have no clue on this one.

Revival #1 - $22+

Detective Comics #1 - $22+

NYX #3 - $30+ because she is still the best at what she does.

And a ton of Saga, PP, Amazing Spider-Man #700 variants, ToT, MtM and Hawkeye's.

Here's the list so you can see for yourself

I got $29.95 last night for a PP #9 and yes it came out yesterday

THAT'S incredible...

surprised me also Larry, I read you still had them on the shelf lol

I got in 50.

43 are not fit for man or beast, but quite fine for readers.

Black cover:

spine ticks

consistent grabber marks

creases

paper flaws.

They look like mess.

I "do" have them out at cover for walk in customers, 1 per...

Why have them 1 per customer? You're in buisness to sell comics are you not? Ok then, So why do comic shop owners put on limits? If I owned a comic store, Other than the pull lists, it's first come, first serve. Sold is sold. If the comic is 1 per customer and you have 3 copies left that sit there and get stuffed into the back issues bins, that's ok. But the minute someone wants 5 off the shelf, shop owners throw a fit.

The only new books that I have to report and add to this tread are:

Peter Panzerfaust #9 - $14+ didn't this just come out yesterday?

Amazing Spider-Man #606 Sketch - $15+

Iron Man #282 - $20+ because it's the 1st war machine.

Invincible #11 - $20+ I have no clue on this one.

Revival #1 - $22+

Detective Comics #1 - $22+

NYX #3 - $30+ because she is still the best at what she does.

And a ton of Saga, PP, Amazing Spider-Man #700 variants, ToT, MtM and Hawkeye's.

Here's the list so you can see for yourself

I got $29.95 last night for a PP #9 and yes it came out yesterday

THAT'S incredible...

surprised me also Larry, I read you still had them on the shelf lol

I got in 50.

43 are not fit for man or beast, but quite fine for readers.

Black cover:

spine ticks

consistent grabber marks

creases

paper flaws.

They look like mess.

I "do" have them out at cover for walk in customers, 1 per...

Why have them 1 per customer? You're in buisness to sell comics are you not? Ok then, So why do comic shop owners put on limits? If I owned a comic store, Other than the pull lists, it's first come, first serve. Sold is sold. If the comic is 1 per customer and you have 3 copies left that sit there and get stuffed into the back issues bins, that's ok. But the minute someone wants 5 off the shelf, shop owners throw a fit.

Shop buys 25 copies of Issue #1,

Issue #1 arrives,

shop has already placed orders for issues #2 & issue #3

Speculator buys 25 copies of issue #1 off the shelf & comic goes OOP

Shop has 25 copies of issue #2 & #3 to sell with nobody having read issue #1

>>Why have them 1 per customer? You're in buisness to sell comics are you not? Ok then, So why do comic shop owners put on limits? If I owned a comic store, Other than the pull lists, it's first come, first serve. Sold is sold. If the comic is 1 per customer and you have 3 copies left that sit there and get stuffed into the back issues bins, that's ok. But the minute someone wants 5 off the shelf, shop owners throw a fit. <<

I'm in business to make money.

Which scenario makes me more money?

One customer buys all 43 Peter Panzerfaust #9's

43 customers buy one ea Peter Panzerfaust #9

( Psssst: The correct answer is 43 customers buy one ea Peter Panzerfaust #9 )

Interesting in another thread, you're all ball washing the guy doing the EXACT same thing with his pre screen service.

You have to take measures to protect your loyal customer base.

It is ridiculous what some stores do. I think it is because most of them bleed money and only a few truly know what they are doing. Like if you look at the sneaker culture people buy and resell for twice the price, but it is so organized because it is run by Nike, Foot Locker, Finish Line, etc. At the LCS I could be there at 15 minutes after open, but they accept phone calls to hold items even if you don't have a pull list. That is ridiculous. They will hold them for days or weeks if they forget (like when I got the full Hawkeye run). I should just start calling every Wednesday 1 minute after opening saying I will take an issue of everything and just actually buy what heats up. And the long boxes are ridiculous. Why don't stores want to move stock? The other day I saw New Teen Titans #2 (1980, first Deathstroke) for $25 and I asked if they took offers for $20 and he was a saying the price is the price. This was a long box comic and not a wall comic.

Larry is correct. Always better to have 43 satisfied customers than 1 satisfied and 43 disappointed. Also having those 42 coming back again and again, maybe starting pull lists etc is always going to make you more money long term.

hm. Are there any chat boards I can go on and tell doctors and lawyers how to do their jobs even though I know nothing about their professions? Sounds like it might be fun.

Larry is correct. Always better to have 43 satisfied customers than 1 satisfied and 43 disappointed. Also having those 42 coming back again and again, maybe starting pull lists etc is always going to make you more money long term.

hm. Are there any chat boards I can go on and tell doctors and lawyers how to do their jobs even though I know nothing about their professions? Sounds like it might be fun.

There are. Studentdoctor.net. I work in pharmaceutical research. And having a job that requires 7+ years of education is a little different.

Enjoy!!!

Peter Panzerfaust #1 1st Print: SOLD @ (BEST OFFER ACCEPTED) ORIGINAL PRICE $249.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330872608262?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Peter Panzerfaust 1 2 3 4 all FIRST PRINT All NM! Unread!

SOLD @ $264.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230925673050?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Peter Panzerfaust #1, 1st Print, Near Mint Minus:

SOLD @ $204.97

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370754794173?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Peter Panzerfaust #1 - First Printing NM:

SOLD @ $227.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221187643964?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649