• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

what makes you say the bolded part?

Brian says in the letters section of Chapter Seven that there's going to be the introduction of a new character in the next issue.

I am not disputing the fact that it is, I am saying I think 99% of the people reading Saga arent viewing the book in terms of first appearances yet. They are just trying to get every issue of a hot book.

EDIT:

and to back that up, i search "Saga 1st gwen" on ebay and got one guy listing it that way. I have absolutely NO doubt that he is a poster or lurker here too.

yes, i agree that most people don't know to know that yet. most of the new readers arent at our level lol

I don't know about obscure but I agree that is only a small appearance and her first full appearance is #7

This is her in issue #1 though

Harper-Row-Batman-1.jpg

OK, genius..

unnamed.

Better?

Your such a lovely fellow. I couldn't possibly understand how you have got such a bad name.

Board Trolls and jealousy. 2c

Because it couldn't possibly be his abrasive attitude, I was only trying to be helpful.

Sure..

In a typical board troll arrogant, condescending fashion..

When I give it right back you guys all cry...

Buy Batman #1, if you feel it's the better buy..

I'll buy #7's..

You're mental. Did you even read what he wrote above the scan?

I don't know about obscure but I agree that is only a small appearance and her first full appearance is #7

There's nothing arrogant or condescending about that. Totally undeserved and unprovoked reaction by you.

I'll buy #7's..

I agree 7 is the real first, and the one that might get some pull for that fact. But, if we are talking about finding them for cover, #1 will always be worth more than 7. That being said, 1s wont be found cheap very many places, while 7s likely still can be.

Also for what its worth, I dont think ANY new 52 is a good long term investment... If you can buy 7s and sell them for a few bucks more than you bought them, give'r

Batman #1 is a $25+ book currently THAT nobody is sleeping on..

Batman #7 is a $4-7 book currently that is available.

What's the better buy, for the better appearance?

Do your thing...I'll do mine..

>>Also for what its worth, I dont think ANY new 52 is a good long term investment...<<

Snicker..

No kidding...Thanks for the advice..

Edited by LarrysComics

Batman #1 is a $25+ book currently THAT nobody is sleeping on..

Batman #7 is a $4-7 book currently that is available.

What's the better buy, for the better appearance?

Do your thing...I'll do mine..

isnt that what i said? You agreed with every point i made.

the only thing I said, that you didnt just repeat, was that I dont think ANY new 52 book is a good long term investment. They WILL eventually torch and retcon the entire thing. It'll be a few years, but it will happen.

>>Also for what its worth, I dont think ANY new 52 is a good long term investment...<<

Snicker..

No kidding...Thanks for the advice..

not sure why so hostile, as I am usually 90% on your side in debates, and you edited this in, and now literally agreed with everything i said.... (shrug)

My only issue with people saying that unname girl in the panel from #1 is Harper Row is she looks nothing like that in #7.

I can understand but if the writer says it then surely it has to be her as well as the same scenes from issue 12 which were from issue #1 where Bruce makes his speech and Harper is wearing the same dress.

Batman #1 Cameo Harper/Batman #7 1st full app. Done and done. Confirmation for the cameo from the actual writer is good enough for me. The book that will see increase due to this character will be #7. #1 won't get a bump since it's already got enough steam on it's own. If it increases it will just be because it's Batman #1. It's been steadily rising since day one. Also, Invincible #19 is 1st nowhere men prototype. Done again. This system has worked for a long time. All of those marvel "prototype" issues in the pre-hero books set a nice precedent and i don't see much difference here.

This is her in issue #1 though

Harper-Row-Batman-1.jpg

OK, genius..

unnamed.

Better?

Your such a lovely fellow. I couldn't possibly understand how you have got such a bad name.

Board Trolls and jealousy. 2c

Because it couldn't possibly be his abrasive attitude, I was only trying to be helpful.

Sure..

In a typical board troll arrogant, condescending fashion..

When I give it right back you guys all cry...

I'll buy #7's..

Me too.

People keeps pointing to HULK 180 and 181.

This is just MO. But the reason for the HULK 181 is so sought after is the fact that it is one of the best introduction of Wolverine to the story. The fight between Hulk and Wolverine was EPIC. Everyone who has never read the story were curious who would win this battle and I believe, made this book one of the most coveted book.

As for most books, the first appearances always seemed to be better investment for me unless the second appearance has some major dialogue. Take a look at, for example, New X-men 128 and 129, 1st Fantomex or ASM 194 and 195, 1st black cat.

This is just MO. But the reason for the HULK 181 is so sought after is the fact that it is one of the best introduction of Wolverine to the story. The fight between Hulk and Wolverine was EPIC. Everyone who has never read the story were curious who would win this battle and I believe, made this book one of the most coveted book.

As for most books, the first appearances always seemed to be better investment for me unless the second appearance has some major dialogue. Take a look at, for example, New X-men 128 and 129, 1st Fantomex or ASM 194 and 195, 1st black cat.

lol, not making fun of you, but your first example is funny.

you - "hulk 180, 181...new xmen 128..."

old school collector - "*what the *spoon* is a new xmen 128?"

Edited by youmechoose

lol, not making fun of you, but your first example is funny.

you - "hulk 180, 181...new xmen 128..."

old school collector - "*what the *spoon* is a new xmen 128?"

Fantomex is the sh*t!

or Web of Spider-Man 18 and Amazing Spider-Man 300.

YES! Those were major storyline. We just never know which will become more valuable. Venom vs Spidey was another hulk 180, 181

tough call. Saga #9 will (should) be the first issue that will not have additional printings. #8 is going for what it's going for because it is the first appearance of Gwen

I hope you are right that there are no more additional printings . My wallet needs a break.

tough call. Saga #9 will (should) be the first issue that will not have additional printings. #8 is going for what it's going for because it is the first appearance of Gwen

I hope you are right that there are no more additional printings . My wallet needs a break.

it's looking likely. Revival #6 only had one printing, as did Saga #9

it's looking likely. Revival #6 only had one printing, as did Saga #9

I know 8B released with issue 10 last week. I was just under the impression that 9b would come out with issue 11.

I have 8B and 10 subbed at CGC right now. I would get alot of monetary relief once they stop doing these reprints.

YES! Those were major storyline. We just never know which will become more valuable. Venom vs Spidey was another hulk 180, 181

New Mutants 86 and 87

Uncanny X-men 282 and 283

Uncanny X-men Annual 14 and 266

There are a ton of arguments that could be made for both sides of this discussion.