• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

:P i had both on my pull list at launch. Dont let the Image bias here fool you. Marvel is top dog for a reason.

Also, its funny that you saying what you said, has made 6 sell out on the usual sites. I can't believe how foolish people are, just blindly buying anything that people list here.

6 is all over ebay, and available at cover. I honestly dont even post books I think/see heating up anymore. I'd rather just PM people tips, than have the lurkers/eye of sauron vaporize anything spoken of instantly.

"First Appearence" is a red herring. If you are stocking up to speculate, then the more important question is which is going to be embraced by the market as the key book to have. The movie adaptation came first but it is a movie adaptation one shot. This may see some action but in the long term movie adaptations rarely ever become keys (with perhaps the exception of Star Wars 42 that Mr. Ween and I have discussed).

It seems to me that both 1 and 6 stand a good chance of seing some heat. BS 1 is the first appearence in continuity, however 6 is a much tougher book to find. I don't know if that is because people have been hoarding six more often but I run across quite a few 1's and very few 6's. It is also likely that if the shield show is a success that Marvel will incorporate it into the comics more regularly. Seeing Colson in comics more often would really help these books and cement them as key appearances.

If I found any of the three books in $ bins I would buy them, but 1 and 6 look like the best bet.

I agree that movie adaptations rarely become key books so that makes this book even more special! I'm not discounting the importance of Battle Scars 1,6 though, the Harley Quinn Prestige Book is worth a lot too.

As for that Star Wars 42 now I'm not so sure. I have dug out all the relevant books:

Star Wars 42

Marvel Special 16

The Empire Strikes Back Paperback

and the oversized Empire from Marvel

If your looking for Bobba's first appearance i guessit's this panel from the paperback book which does in fact predate the Super Special and Star Wars 42. I guess the only issue is that's it's a book not a comic.

487299_10200159173215840_1793488143_n_zps789bcda8.jpg

His first comic appearance is in the Special 16 and later reprinted in Star Wars 42.

I am very curious to see what books are in demand this convention season.

moderns? Saga 1s and RRPs will be top dog

Chew, Walking Dead, PP, Revival, New 52, etc.

I meant NEW demand this year, i am sure chew and WD will remain the same. new 52 will be fading, and PP is a good call too, but Saga will be top dog.

Blackacre

I can't find 6 anywhere for cover and was notified recently that my order of 3 copies were shorted and I will get 2nd prints instead.

i was on ebay.ca as i am canadian, and there are still two there selling it for cover. I am sure with your comment, the ebay ones are disappearing, but it still doesnt make it real.

The people buying them up will be flooding them soon enough. Wait it out, you'll find them for cover.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/All-New-X-Men-2012-Marvel-6-/330862242120

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ALL-NEW-X-MEN-6-NM-1st-Print-Marvel-Now-Bendis-Marquez-comic-Cyclops-Wolverine-/271159848114

Edited by CBT

:P i had both on my pull list at launch. Dont let the Image bias here fool you. Marvel is top dog for a reason.

Also, its funny that you saying what you said, has made 6 sell out on the usual sites. I can't believe how foolish people are, just blindly buying anything that people list here.

6 is all over ebay, and available at cover. I honestly dont even post books I think/see heating up anymore. I'd rather just PM people tips, than have the lurkers/eye of sauron vaporize anything spoken of instantly.

Can I get on your PM list? lol You're right though 6 is all over the place and can still be had at cover. Too many people too lazy to do the legwork.

Can I get on your PM list?

lol, i am seriously thinking of making one giant PM, that has like 100 people in it, and we can all just dump tips into it, and block out the lurker/google/corvettenights type leechers.

Edited by CBT

I don't think anyone initially thought this book ALL new x-men) was any good. Kinda like Hawkeye.

I don't see the similarities. Hawkeye was an under the radar title that built up a following as word of mouth grew about the good storyline, while All New X-Men was high profile title that was well received right from the start.

As far as print run, issue 1 had a relatively low run of 41,000 copies. X-Men, on the other hand, had a large print run (181,000). Hence why Hawkeye #1 is going for $20 or more and All New X-Men #1 is selling at or slightly over cover.

Edited by prodigy44

Can I get on your PM list?

lol, i am seriously thinking of making one giant PM, that has like 100 people in it, and we can all just dump tips into it, and block out the lurker/google/corvettenights type leechers.

Love the idea and we can hype up the bad books on the thread and watch people go nuts for them!! lol

Edited by zekebarrett

lol, no doubt. But yah, even as recently as this summer, you could share stuff with people, and they'd have a few hours to act. Now, people just max out the cart on anything and everything.

I really think the reality TV show about comics is bringing them in. That plus how high this site hits on google searches. It's terrible now.

It would be different if the people were posting and being a part of the community. Instead they really are just leeches. Using other peoples work, research, and knowledge, without contributing, and then block the contributing members from participating.

If I had a shop/diamond account, I'd definitely try and set up some sort of first access to board members type deal.

Edited by CBT

I am making up a new term, and patenting it right here.

The Modern Age of comics is done. It is now 1992-2012.

Bedlam is the first book of the new age. I dub it:

THE SPECULATION AGE

:D

doesnt mean everybook now is speculated on, just means things are being released during "THE SPECULATION AGE"

Once the second bubble finally bursts, I dub that

THE POST-MODERN AGE

patents pending.

lol, no doubt. But yah, even as recently as this summer, you could share stuff with people, and they'd have a few hours to act. Now, people just max out the cart on anything and everything.

I really think the reality TV show about comics is bringing them in. That plus how high this site hits on google searches. It's terrible now.

It would be different if the people were posting and being a part of the community. Instead they really are just leeches. Using other peoples work, research, and knowledge, without contributing, and then block the contributing members from participating.

If I had a shop/diamond account, I'd definitely try and set up some sort of first access to board members type deal.

hm

I don't think anyone initially thought this book ALL new x-men) was any good. Kinda like Hawkeye.

I don't see the similarities. Hawkeye was an under the radar title that built up a following as word of mouth grew about the good storyline, while All New X-Men was high profile title that was well received right from the start.

As far as print run, issue 1 had a relatively low run of 41,000 copies. X-Men, on the other hand, had a large print run (181,000). Hence why Hawkeye #1 is going for $20 or more and All New X-Men #1 is selling at or slightly over cover.

Exactly...All New X-Men #6 had like what...80,195 print run..Idk remember and just because Marvel goes back to make a 2nd printing people are scrambling and calling the 1st print hot?! Sorry, but this is why I put my money more into publishers like Image. Don't get me wrong Marvel & DC hit some good ones like Hawkeye but far and few in between.

I'm new here to the board. Has anyone tried Hastings for books? They just expanded their comic book sections about a year ago and it's really easy to find good books, especially in smaller towns. I just picked up 4 copies each of The Sixth Gun #1 - #4.