• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

surprising since that isn't even the variant cover.

you can still find those two issues all over the place.

Just shows how lazy some bidders are...

Did you read any of the background on those comics? Pretty dark stuff: Supes kills Lois Lane and his unborn kid after being drugged by the Joker....he's convinced she's Doomsday.....pretty nuts....and that's the jump off for the video game. I gotta say, I typically agree that video game comics blow.....but this entire premise and backstory seem a bit different...with larger ramifications for the DC universe titles.

did you look at the bidder.. 0 feed back with 100% bids on that item.

:facepalm:

It's okay iceman399, I'm sure the original poster owns 5 more copies that he can generously loan to members of the board at only $15 a book. :flamed::kidaround:

Edited by whetteon

Did you read any of the background on those comics? Pretty dark stuff: Supes kills Lois Lane and his unborn kid after being drugged by the Joker....he's convinced she's Doomsday.....pretty nuts....and that's the jump off for the video game. I gotta say, I typically agree that video game comics blow.....but this entire premise and backstory seem a bit different...with larger ramifications for the DC universe titles.

yeah nuts, wish the mainstream comic was this fun to read.

I thought in the game that Joker levels Metropolis with a nuke, killing Lois and their son unborn son, and then Supes kills Joker. Is the comic plot completely different? If Supes kills Lois in the comic, I'm going to pick one up today and read it!

I thought in the game that Joker levels Metropolis with a nuke, killing Lois and their son unborn son, and then Supes kills Joker. Is the comic plot completely different? If Supes kills Lois in the comic, I'm going to pick one up today and read it!

Didn't read the comic, but was looking at trailers for the game and a behind the scenes with the writers of the comic. Apparently one of the writers is really a huge vocal proponent about violence against women. He didn't want Lois to get hit or killed in some uber violent way (I recall him saying his mother was a victim so it really hit home for him). Anyway, when the approached him to do the comic, he had to have them retool the way Lois bought the big one. He arranged there to be some sort of incident in space where a hole was blown out of spaceship or whatever.....maybe an airlock....and Supes being all drugged thinks Lois is Doomsday.....he pushes her outside into space....and apparently she dies that way.

Not sure if that's congruent with the game storyline...but Joker apparently does nuke Metropolis which is left in ruins from the few panels I saw online.

Bats has Joker by the neck and is asking him why he bothered to blow up Metropolis and take Lois away from Supes.

Joker says something about it being easy....like taking candy from a baby....etc.

So that's the scoop I know. It was compelling enough that I'll probably grab an issue or two at the LCS.

There may be some heat as the game hits the market...I know I'll be grabbing the game for sure. Looks like Mortal Kombat but with DC characters....saw a face off of Solomon Grundy vs. GL.....pretty cool.....love those types of games.