• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

How do you guys feel Tec #19 will do on release day?

IDK about 19, but 18 seems to be under-ordered in my area. My largest LCS chain closest to me had none the other day, but when I went to their larger store they had about 10 maybe. The book looks like it could be tough in 9.8 as the 10 I looked through only produced the 2 I bought really-and that is if CGC overlooks the tiny BC spine ticks evident on each copy I saw. Maybe there was damage on these???

Edited by gradejunky

IDK about 19, but 18 seems to be under-ordered in my area. My largest LCS chain closest to me had none the other day, but when I went to their larger store they had about 10 maybe. The book looks like it could be tough in 9.8 as the 10 I looked through only produced the 2 I bought really-and that is if CGC overlooks the tiny BC spine ticks evident on each copy I saw. Maybe there was damage on these???

I had the same problem with my LCS. Small spine ticks on the BC of Tec 18. Sometimes I feel the hired help they have to stock on release day/night before don't handle the comics 100% careful. I can tell the grab a huge handful and the weight cause the spine to bend. So I'm always picking through to find the best 2 copies

I had the same problem with my LCS. Small spine ticks on the BC of Tec 18. Sometimes I feel the hired help they have to stock on release day/night before don't handle the comics 100% careful. I can tell the grab a huge handful and the weight cause the spine to bend. So I'm always picking through to find the best 2 copies

If you are seeing the same thing, then it is definitely not the stores, but the printer/distributor causing the damage. Not every new comic will produce easy 9.8's in my experience-especially Marvel and a lot of the Indy companies.

If you are seeing the same thing, then it is definitely not the stores, but the printer/distributor causing the damage. Not every new comic will produce easy 9.8's in my experience-especially Marvel and a lot of the Indy companies.

Yea, I've heard of people saying diamonds packaging can be hit or miss lately. My LCS had horrible PP #9s. Almost all had damage. As far as marvel goes, their paper quality sucks. I like IDW out of the smaller companies, nice paper and heavy covers

Is that freakin SDCC ticket auction real?

I have two tickets since my plans have changed and NYCC is going to be the place I want to be this year - Can only go to one con now and I have already canceled megacon plans which I lost money on

Hope I can even sell them

Edited by wushugushu

To sell these, you have to physically pick them up then give them to someone else. And hope they don't get caught with a pass with your name on it.

They won't transfer badges that have already been purchased.

To sell these, you have to physically pick them up then give them to someone else. And hope they don't get caught with a pass with your name on it.

They won't transfer badges that have already been purchased.

Selling them is easy once you pick them up.

The odds of getting caught are very slim. Security hardly checks the badges. They honestly dont care as long as you have a badge hanging around you that's affiliated with the proper color