• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Personally I hate when covers have a bunch of text and other nonsense on them, Its just distracting. Really don't care to have what is essentially advertising on the cover of a piece of written and drawn work. Someone at DC really needs to get slapped for plastering that Arrow tv show ad on all their books.

As for Sex, I wouldn't suggest dumping what you have. I would sell what you need to in order to get back your initial investment and hold the rest.

I agree about having the ads on the comic covers. Both DC and Marvel do it, and it make the covers look awful.

WOW! And for a 9.6 at that!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151004446334?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Guess all bets are off when sale $ are this unprecedented.....

That last recorded GPA 9.6 at $350 is most likely responsible.

Dang that's a waste of a lot of money!

For those who don't believe in the value of certain Previews...How is this not the first appearance of Saga?

IMG_1855_zps6567df80.jpg

IMG_1856_zps215b5d6b.jpg

IMG_1857_zps01366d96.jpg

IMG_1858_zps9b6386c2.jpg

Christ is it just me or is every post Mrween makes about some preview magazine ?

+1. Ween I'd suggest collecting comics, as opposed to preview catalogs.

Edited by cujobyte

Moderns I'm glad I purchases none of:

Any issue of Spider-Man since Slott took over.

SEX 1

Blackacre ( Although the cover for issue 4 is sick )

Five Weapons

Peter Panzerfaust 1 CGC 9.6 for over 400!!

The first appearance debates are sort of pointless anyway. You aren't going to change the market.

What are you talking about? Markets are changed and manipulate by all of US my friend. Some things take longer than others.

Edited by MrWeen

SEX 1

Five Weapons

Slott Spidey has been awesome! Not afraid of evolving the character!

Why the Blackacre hate? Book seems to have issue one steadily selling on eBay.

The first appearance debates are sort of pointless anyway. You aren't going to change the market.

What are you talking about? Markets are changed and manipulate by all of US my friend. Some things take longer than others.

Your individual opinion means zero. You aren't going to convince the market that your precious previews are the books to own.

SEX 1

Five Weapons

You are missing out. Blackacre has been very enjoyable so far, 5 weapons is a fun read and Sex was so-so but IMO worth a few issue read

I never read Spider-man and we will see on PP

Your individual opinion means zero. You aren't going to convince the market that your precious previews are the books to own.

If you knew me you would know that my intention is not to change the market at all. I'm more of a collector than someone seeking a quick profit. But I also hate when things are misrepresented. I value the truth and in the dispersement of real comic knowledge. In this case Saga's main characters appear ( in color ) first in this issue of previews. I don't care if only you and your buddy Tom believe that to be true or if every seller and bidder in the online marketplace believes it. A fact is a fact.