• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,838 posts in this topic

The 90s all over again

Nah just some new boardies forgetting what it was like or werent old enough to remember. Some will get some first hand experience soon or have already with Bedlam.

Why do you think Bedlam is like the '90's?

The 'genuine' Image books are gradually increasing in price.

Its those 'other' ones that are bombing big time. 40% down and falling, in a few months.

The regular #1 is happily selling around the $60 + postage area.

I assume you were referring to the variants Fastball?

I could have picked another, but I thought that book summed up the changes in this thread/board over the last few months. I am quite aware I am not the only one that feels this way.

As far as Bedlam goes yeah the variants were the point, but overall the book just isn't selling well. Until readership increases the value of book will staginate. No matter how much it is pumped. In my opinion its a blue print how not to launch a new comic.

Look I got no issues with the book. I always thought it was written extremely well, but I thought they choose wrong artist to launch the book with. (Its why Proof never took off either in my opinion either like it should have.) The content of the book also hurts attracting others to it. (But thats the genre.) Its just going to take some time for this book to attract more readers and build up steam. I think Image learned a very good lesson from the launch of this book. I doubt anyone would disagree the launch was an utter disaster.

Edited by Fastballspecial

So I went to 4 stores today. X-Force 1 2 3 4 7 8 etc. Always every issue, but the ones I want. Maybe there are more speculators around me than I realize. First thing I haven't got in the past 2 months.

The 90s all over again

Nah just some new boardies forgetting what it was like or werent old enough to remember. Some will get some first hand experience soon or have already with Bedlam.

Its those 'other' ones that are bombing big time. 40% down and falling, in a few months.

I could have picked another, but I thought that book summed up the changes in this thread/board over the last few months. I am quite aware I am not the only one that feels this way.

As far as Bedlam goes yeah the variants were the point, but overall the book just isn't selling well. Until readership increases the value of book will staginate. No matter how much it is pumped. In my opinion its a blue print how not to launch a new comic.

Look I got no issues with the book. I always thought it was written extremely well, but I thought they choose wrong artist to launch the book with. (Its why Proof never took off either in my opinion either like it should have.) The content of the book also hurts attracting others to it. (But thats the genre.) Its just going to take some time for this book to attract more readers and build up steam. I think Image learned a very good lesson from the launch of this book. I doubt anyone would disagree the launch was an utter disaster.

Hard to argue with that.

The 90s all over again

No offense, but I'd rather have a gradual build up, and audience ever growing as opposed to a huge "launch" that utterly fails. We shall see how EOW does, hopefully it'll be well written. But my extra $$ right now is on Bedlam. I reread the five issues last nite, and nothing...and I mean nothing comes close to it in the genre. As Court said in the bedlam thread, it's fine for all to dismiss this book. But sooner or later they'll follow suit. Lets see where they are in a year from now. This book doesn't need a film to help capture readers or the collectors.

So I went to 4 stores today. X-Force 1 2 3 4 7 8 etc. Always every issue, but the ones I want. Maybe there are more speculators around me than I realize. First thing I haven't got in the past 2 months.

What were you looking for?

Ya think?! Even though I was interested, good looking out for those that were. (thumbs u

funny how they sucker buyers in with the "true 1st appearance" line.

I don't think anyone got taken by purchasing that book for 10 dollars...

True. How is this book not the first appearance of nowhere men?

Larry -

One quick note....

Hulk 271 isn't RR's 1st Appearance.

Everyone (including MARVEL) except CGC acknowledges it is Marvel Preview 7.

http://marvel.com/universe/Rocket_Raccoon

1st Magazine Appearance - Marvel Preview 7

1st Comic Appearance - Hulk #271

I don't think that's correct, isn't the preview his first and the hulk 271 his first color appearance?

So, I read issue 1 of "All new X-men" last nite. Fun read. I'm a lil shocked to read that issues 3 & 4 are sort of short printed, because my Hastings had no less than 5-10 each. I grabbed a couple of each, but perhaps I should go back and snag all of them.

What were you looking for?

X-Factor** Sorry. So many X-whatever I am dealing with right now.

No offense, but I'd rather have a gradual build up, and audience ever growing as opposed to a huge "launch" that utterly fails. We shall see how EOW does, hopefully it'll be well written. But my extra $$ right now is on Bedlam. I reread the five issues last nite, and nothing...and I mean nothing comes close to it in the genre. As Court said in the bedlam thread, it's fine for all to dismiss this book. But sooner or later they'll follow suit. Lets see where they are in a year from now. This book doesn't need a film to help capture readers or the collectors.

What he said. I've gotten quite a few friends into Bedlam who haven't bought a comic in years and now they go to a shop and buy each issue on their own. The writing is way better than Spencer's other recent efforts and Rossmo's chaotic art style pit the madder Red persona perfectly. Nervously awaiting the new artist.

As far as the variants go, it's not like all the Bedlam #1 variants were available at any given shop (like X-Men #1 in the 90's). I think there's some sour grapes that people had to do a bit of hunting on ebay to get them all. Nowhere Men is getting damn close with the exclusive variant covers but I don't hear a lot of moaning since NWM is the flavor of the month on here.

Don't get me wrong, I like the book, but for myself as a read it's still behind Bedlam, Walking Dead, Peter Panzerfaust, Todd, Clone, and Manhattan Projects

Edited by Lonzilla

Do you guys think these recent moderns will retain their value over the next few years or is it better to flip them while theyre hot?

Does anyone plan to hold some moderns for the next 20 years before attempting to flip?