• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Here's are a few comics that SHOULD be heatin' up on Ebay:

Marvel Age 25

If you look back there are not many Rocket Raccoon Appearances prior to the reformation of the GOTG during Annihilation. I believe this is his second comic book appearance.

None of you seem to see the importance of Preview Issues even though he's on the cover of Amazing Heroes 60 and it is actually his second color appearance.

Human Torch 70th Special ( variant ) Snyder's work on Batman is all people seem to talk about but what about his first pro work? His Iron Man Noir mini was a great read as well but I think those can be found in abundance.

Iron Man 2 Agents of Shield

The true first appearance of Agent Coulson

This one is highly speculative but...

Batman 664 First appearance of Ellie. Like Harper Row she has been an intriguing character in the Batman Comics. She has been developed slowly and witnessing the death of a hero who just saved her life gives a reason to dedicate her life to fighting crime. I love that she is in the now famous panel where Batman holds his dead son. Could she end up as a Robin down the road?

Batman 656

Damian Wayne's first appearance ( issue 655 is only a cameo as far as I am concerned much like Harper Row in Batman 1 )

Marvel 2001 convention Preview

First Dog Logan. He's on the cover but I don't have the issue to see if he's inside the book. If he is then the Captain America Variant would be the one I would buy.

Invincible Iron Man 10

Barcode Variant & 2nd print,

if the new Iron Man film has Pepper Potts Rescue Armor.

Edited by MrWeen

He's talking about the 2nd print too.

I saw the eyeball one at a few stores. I just don't know what the correct barcode and incorrect barcode because I thought it was an error making it rare.

Edit: The regular #10 variant have the barcode ending 01011 and the error variant is 01031. I have to go check now. At least I have 2nd print already.

Edited by tommyVoltage

Well I think those are pretty much dead, the specu-hoarders bailed on that error variant barcode a long time ago.

:D

The reason to speculate on this book now has nothing to do with it being a an error secret variant although that should increase its value.

Edited by MrWeen

Well I think those are pretty much dead, the specu-hoarders bailed on that error variant barcode a long time ago.

The reason to speculate on this book now has nothing to do with it being an error variant although that should increase its value.

OK I read your earlier post. You think it's a viable spec book because of some Pepper-armor-movie thing?

How's that work?

Why do you differentiate variant, 2nd print in your post?

i've heard this argument try to be made before, not sure by who though. but when you say this are you trying to say this is just his first appearance in comic book form, or his first appearance in the marvel universe?

if you are saying this is his first app in 4 color form then i can kind of get on board, but if you are making the case that this is his first app in marvel period the i have to disagree. agents of shield was just a comic book tie in to the movie.

i think his appearances in battle scars 1 and 6 will be the one everyone wants as it's his first in continuity app, and the one everyone will consider cannon.

I saw the eyeball one at a few stores. I just don't know what the correct barcode and incorrect barcode because I thought it was an error making it rare.

Edit: The regular #10 variant have the barcode ending 01011 and the error variant is 01031. I have to go check now. At least I have 2nd print already.

It's not an error variant.

If anything, the image on the 1:10 variant is the error (but it's not)

01011 - 1st print

01021 - 1st print variant (2 is for 2nd cover)

01031 - 1st print 2nd variant (3 is for 3rd cover)

as there were only 2 covers both covers are up variants

i've heard this argument try to be made before, not sure by who though

it was likely in this thread a few pages back

i've heard this argument try to be made before, not sure by who though

it was likely in this thread a few pages back

I don't want to bore people with the argument again but just because it's a movie tie-in doesn't take away from the fact that it's the first time the character ( who was made for the films by the way ) was seen in cartoon form, in a comic book. That's a first appearance. Don't get me wrong tho I like Battle Scars, it's written by Cullen Bunn!

It's not an error variant.

If anything, the image on the 1:10 variant is the error (but it's not)

01011 - 1st print

01021 - 1st print variant (2 is for 2nd cover)

01031 - 1st print 2nd variant (3 is for 3rd cover)

as there were only 2 covers both covers are up variants

Thanks for the info.

And what's happening to Tottenham? Rough week.

The reason to speculate on this book now has nothing to do with it being an error variant although that should increase its value.

OK I read your earlier post. You think it's a viable spec book because of some Pepper-armor-movie thing?

How's that work?

I like the book for both reasons, it's a secret variant with possible ties to an upcoming Marvel film. Do you think Marvel Comics Presents 26 is a speculative book because it's the first appearance of another villain from Iron Man 3? I kind of don't because there was likely a ton printed but this issue of Iron Man is scarce.

How's that work?

I like the book for both reasons, it's a secret variant with possible ties to an upcoming Marvel film. Do you think Marvel Comics Presents 26 is a speculative book because it's the first appearance of another villain from Iron Man 3? I kind of don't because there was likely a ton printed but this issue of Iron Man is scarce.

I am sitting on a bunch of them, and so far nada for movement! hm

Lots of action on both. :cloud9:

Marvel Age 25

If you look back there are not many Rocket Raccoon Appearances prior to the reformation of the GOTG during Annihilation. I believe this is his second comic book appearance.

None of you seem to see the importance of Preview Issues even though he's on the cover of Amazing Heroes 60 and it is actually his second color appearance.

Human Torch 70th Special ( variant ) Snyder's work on Batman is all people seem to talk about but what about his first pro work? His Iron Man Noir mini was a great read as well but I think those can be found in abundance.

This one is highly speculative but...

Batman 664 First appearance of Ellie. Like Harper Row she has been an intriguing character in the Batman Comics. She has been developed slowly and witnessing the death of a hero who just saved her life gives a reason to dedicate her life to fighting crime. I love that she is in the now famous panel where Batman holds his dead son. Could she end up as a Robin down the road?

Batman 656

Damian Wayne's first appearance ( issue 655 is only a cameo as far as I am concerned much like Harper Row in Batman 1 )

Marvel 2001 convention Preview

First Dog Logan. He's on the cover but I don't have the issue to see if he's inside the book. If he is then the Captain America Variant would be the one I would buy.

Invincible Iron Man 10

Barcode Variant & 2nd print,

if the new Iron Man film has Pepper Potts Rescue Armor.

I don't see any of these books doubling their current value in the near future.

First Dog that anyone will care about is Wolverine Origins #1

Batman 656 like 655 is going to be meaningless in three months

Marvel Age 25 is a nothing book and will never leave the three dollar bin.

Scott Snyder Iron Man Noir is nothing as all Noir marvel books had huge print runs. Snyder's Severed is his best work and the value of Severed will never reach the heights of Tec 871.

the Iron Man books you picked have potential. I just don't see them doubling from their current, already inflated, prices when first whiplash never increased more than 10% in value after the second movie was announced.

JL's Modern Hotness critique