• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Thanks for the invite

Before any more panties get in a twist, ftr I've gotten like 1000pms about 'the secret pm'. My prior comments, as many of mine typically are, were meant to be provocative, funny and at the same time inquisitive.

Since this thread has shriveled up lately and there were prior rumblings of an exodus to pm... I thought there might be some veracity to the secret society.

To date I have no knowledge of such a pm list or secret pms. That said I don't think it's a bad idea to cobble together our hot tips as one and might even spearhead the development of one....with help from the folks that want to chip in.

Doesn't mean I'd abandon this thread bc let's face it, like it or not this thread can drive the market. If you doubt that, just take a closer look back at pricing on the bay for any of the hotness and compare it to the almost clairvoyant Nostradamus like posts some folks have dropped in the moderns prior to that heat.

It's not the be all end all, but to not see the connection you'd have to be Helen Keller.

So ill be postin but we may have to get our recon in a few weeks early via speculatey secret pm eventually just to maintain the status quo. The lurkers are pickin the moderns so hard I had to set up a pull list to even score reader copies. This thread caused that perfect storm.

Why would this ever go to PM? Just a month ago Dark Horse Presents #11 was $4 on TFAW and $8 on eBay. Someone says Black Beetle is so good and there is the beginning of #0 in DHP #11. The issues shot up to $30 on eBay that day. Lucky for me I saw it and adjusted my listing price fast on my 7 issues. But this has more influence than everyone realizes.

Why would this ever go to PM? Just a month ago Dark Horse Presents #11 was $4 on TFAW and $8 on eBay. Someone says Black Beetle is so good and there is the beginning of #0 in DHP #11. The issues shot up to $30 on eBay that day. Lucky for me I saw it and adjusted my listing price fast on my 7 issues. But this has more influence than everyone realizes.

Agreed and had stated the same in my post. Just suggested a potential inner circle round table discussion via pm earlier so by the time you go to purchase you're not left with nothing except inflated auction prices to pay.

I'm all for this thread being broadcast, but timing is sometimes key for the flip.

Nothing wrong with some insider tradey action prior to the main course.

Take it to PM. Be the Illuminati of comic books. And see how it influences your sales. Would Injustice be selling for so much if it wasn't so talked about? No. It sat there.

I'm glad no matter how much I attempt to agree with you that you'd like to take such a diametrically opposed position just to be the angry derision guy in the threads.

Can you switch to estrogen and decaf bro?

Agreed and had stated the same in my post. Just suggested a potential inner circle round table discussion via pm earlier so by the time you go to purchase you're not left with nothing except inflated auction prices to pay.

I'm all for this thread being broadcast, but timing is sometimes key for the flip.

Nothing wrong with some insider tradey action prior to the main course.

I saw that. I just wanted to add something of my own.

How many people are active in this forum? 30-50 people? I see the same names and avatars over and over. Starting a PM to buy up the copies will get you the copies and then posting on here saying it is hot and go to the LCS might work. But you need to give lurkers a chance of getting something cheap so they stay interested and have money for other releases. It's a cycle.

Take it to PM. Be the Illuminati of comic books. And see how it influences your sales. Would Injustice be selling for so much if it wasn't so talked about? No. It sat there.

So you're saying injustice 1 only got popular because it was talked about in this thread?

Not because it's a cross over comic or because it features the death of Lois lane or that it was underorderes?!?!

So you're saying injustice 1 only got popular because it was talked about in this thread?

Not because it's a cross over comic or because it features the death of Lois lane or that it was underorderes?!?!

It's actually all of the above: hype, discussion, key comic and underordered.

It's hot because its fabulous.

Great read.

And ALL the other stuff too..