• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

About 4 hours from you JL

Go on...

After you PM everyone where Webbys shop is, when are the invites for the OFG massive going out?

I've perfected the secret hand/butt slap whilst cupping my genitalia, so I'm good to go.

We still have to toke resin till we pass out?

Looking forward to the AGM.

Andy70 (Australian Chapter)

I'm just gonna throw this out there but with both Apocalypse and Blink being rumored players in the next X-Men movie and Singer talking about it being the most epic X-Men movie ever. Do you think he could be playing with both the Days of Future Past & Age of Apocalypse? Sure you'd see a run on AoA stuff if so.

About 4 hours from you JL

Go on...

After you PM everyone where Webbys shop is, when are the invites for the OFG massive going out?

I've perfected the secret hand/butt slap whilst cupping my genitalia, so I'm good to go.

We still have to toke resin till we pass out?

Looking forward to the AGM.

Andy70 (Australian Chapter)

Shh we can't talk about the OFG

Picked up not 1, but 2 Injustice #1 Variants for $14.99 a piece last week.

After seeing one go for $135 on ebay, I HAD to rush out to the store, that I knew had them, and pick them up. My heart honestly like skipped a beat when I saw that price on ebay, then realized that I had seen them in the back issue boxes a couple weeks before, but decided to wait on them, and see what action they would get on eBay.

Picked up not 1, but 2 Injustice #1 Variants for $14.99 a piece last week.

After seeing one go for $135 on ebay, I HAD to rush out to the store, that I knew had them, and pick them up. My heart honestly like skipped a beat when I saw that price on ebay, then realized that I had seen them in the back issue boxes a couple weeks before, but decided to wait on them, and see what action they would get on eBay.

Congrats on the find. (thumbs u

Been reading theses boards for a few weeks now, but want to get active on them.

Brief background:

I'm a reader foremost (~85% of purchases), and speculator 2nd (~15%), but beeing around the stores, reading so much about upcoming issues, etc, I thought I'd start speculating since I was seeing what was getting hot, could be hot, etc. Hard to pass up on issues that you know can either make you money immediately, or have a high potentianl to in the future.

I figured, I'm NEVER going to sell my personal collection, so why not pick up extra copies of what I was getting, books I wouldn't get normally, but have cheap and easy access too, etc. And....it's snowballed from there.

I can't get enough of reading people's opinons on comics (both what's hot, and what's a good read). I don't really have many "comic friends", and frankly, I actually find a lot of those people who frequent the stores to be VERY annoying. Here, on the other hand, much easier to deal with.

-In terms of popularity (not prices, apparently it's not doing as well as I thought it would), reviews, etc, how is Bedlam doing/what are peoples thoughts???

I pre-ordered 1 issue, read it, then rushed out to scour the stores for more. I was THAT blown away by the first issue (subsequent ones have been good, but didn't have the same impact).

I find that Madder Red is somewhat of a mix of Deadpool, The Joker, and Millar's Nemesis.

I was pissed on my initial visit. ALL of the #1's and #2's were bent up.

It should honestly be a crime to put out comics 1)on the shelf, 2) ESPECIALLY in the back issue bins, without being bagged AND boarded. Why the retailers do this, is beyond me. It just ruins good comics. And I say this firstly from a readers perspective, who likes having NM comics in their collection. But also, I've been disappointed SO many times with awesome finds of cheap flips that would have got me quite a bit, only to see that they're in awful condition, that I probably would only to buy to read if I was desperate.

:sumo:

Bedlam is a good read but you should go jump on think tank and clone

-I have a few copies of each. Clone's not bad, haven't read Think Tank yet.

Seems like they haven't done much yet. You think they're going to pick up???

I have the Think Tank variant there (him at the computer). The prices look REALLY wonky on eBay though.

Any thoughts on Elephantmen or Hip Flask???????

I'm surprised that Elephantmen hasn't picked up. It's a Masterpiece. One of the top 5 stories out there right now, and Starkings has said that there's a movie in the works. I always try to pick up extra copies of Hip Flask and Elephantmen when I see them. #1 is pretty hard to come by though when I can actually find someone who caries the series (actually harder to find than Hip Flask issues, which is suprising).

I was pissed on my initial visit. ALL of the #1's and #2's were bent up.

It should honestly be a crime to put out comics 1)on the shelf, 2) ESPECIALLY in the back issue bins, without being bagged AND boarded. Why the retailers do this, is beyond me. It just ruins good comics. And I say this firstly from a readers perspective, who likes having NM comics in their collection. But also, I've been disappointed SO many times with awesome finds of cheap flips that would have got me quite a bit, only to see that they're in awful condition, that I probably would only to buy to read if I was desperate.

:sumo:

Well, that's why they're cheap, but yeah not at least bagging & boarding is dumb.

My LCS had an injustice #1 variant on his wall for £15 last weekend, if it is still there tomorrow do I tell him how much it is worth or buy it?

Not a DC fan myself so I only know it is worth anything because of this board and I only noticed it as I liked the cover.

I will tell him to be honest as he is a good guy.

My LCS had an injustice #1 variant on his wall for £15 last weekend, if it is still there tomorrow do I tell him how much it is worth or buy it?

Not a DC fan myself so I only know it is worth anything because of this board and I only noticed it as I liked the cover.

I will tell him to be honest as he is a good guy.

You could tell him and he might not care. Or you could tell him hoping he won't take away half your stack next time your in the store.