• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Alan Moores Miracleman run is by far the best Modern Comic Series of all time.

I've never had the chance to read that series. I have been reading comics since the late 80's, and know that Miracleman is a seminal series, but I just haven't bought the trades or anything. One day....

The trades are really expensive because of low print / book is in legal limbo so can't be reprinted status.

But its so good. Best read ever.

We have a reader set of Miracle Man #1-24 that we let fans come to the shop & read for free.

That is awesome! (thumbs u

I second that! Too bad I don't live in Nashua, NH anymore. I'd come by some time and read some.

Regarding selling hot books on eBay, what is the best way to maximize your final sales price on them???

I've sold less than 10 items on there, so am new to the selling.

Would appreciate any quick tips on what I could have done better for the following case:

-bought Amazing Spider-Man #678 Venom Variant for $9, held it for 2 months or so, sold for $142.50 on eBay.

-there was anywhere from 2-7 other ones listed around the same time

-most were selling for around $160-$180 at the time (was slightly dissapointed that mine didn't hit that, and a little confused).

-Think it was a 10 day auction, ended it at 9:45PM on a Sunday

-this was the listing (it obviously had pictures)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130653660745&ssPageName=ADME:L:CORT:CA:1123

Your auction ended while some potential bidders were watching the 'Walking Dead'

Ya, I totally thought about that after the fact. Wonder how much that had an impact.

I just wish I could have been on track to pick up even the #1 2nd prints of Injustice. I have only scored 1 #1 2nd print in 9.6. One copy of #2 9.4. All the shops around here missed the boat on this one.

There were literally 10 copies or more of each issue at at least 3 of the stores here.

ALL were in junk condition.

One of the reasons that I only opted for the variants. The one store started keeping them behind the cash. Hence, perfect condition.

Sheesh. Though it is kind of a random thing to have an Image character that has been in that universe for so long to just jump over to Marvel full time. I know really old properties like Black Terror get bought up by new companies because they have been in public domain for eons, but for Angela to jump to Marvel like that is kind of unprecedented maybe???

Let's hope the Age of Ultron ends with Miracleman saving the day!

:headbang:

I've never had the chance to read that series. I have been reading comics since the late 80's, and know that Miracleman is a seminal series, but I just haven't bought the trades or anything. One day....

The trades are really expensive because of low print / book is in legal limbo so can't be reprinted status.

We have a reader set of Miracle Man #1-24 that we let fans come to the shop & read for free.

Cool idea.

But...so they just sit around the comic shop reading these???????

Yes.

We have a nice leather couch..

Cool idea.

But...so they just sit around the comic shop reading these???????

Disclaimer: I went to sell my copies and noticed this trend.

Saga #1 5th print seems to fluctuate near $10 to $15. Sometimes a little lower but it's been pretty constant. Is this a hard issue to find?

Saga #2 3rd print likewise has been selling for $5 to 7 dollars before shipping cost.

hm(shrug)

Disclaimer: I went to sell my copies and noticed this trend.

Saga #1 5th print seems to fluctuate near $10 to $15. Sometimes a little lower but it's been pretty constant. Is this a hard issue to find?

Saga #2 3rd print likewise has been selling for $5 to 7 dollars before shipping cost.

hm(shrug)

Fifth print is not that difficult to find.

Second/Third/Fourth Prints are hard to find, especially in 5+ quantity.

First Prints are VERY easy to find (just costly).

Can't wait to get my double signed #21 back from CGC.

:o

Nice!

Odd. I just ended my listing today for a complete set (missing 28) that couldn't even sell for $40 and in NM or better condition. hm

Look through the bidding history, there be at least one shill in there hm

hm

This is probably not new to anyone, but TWD auctions are still heating up for the new stuff. I started preordering at issue 97 and waited for the run to finish at 102 and have been selling them off but adding the new issues as they come along.

Now at #108 I am seeing $30-35 profit per lot (according to the cover price, but I am paying half the cover price preordering so it's another $10) depending on the day.

You can still buy almost all of them on Midtown (no regular cover #100) and start selling.