• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Goodness,not more people seeing Larry for what he is....

I warned you all so,so many times.

Stop buying his "helping the struggling artist products" BS and he goes away.

It's that easy.

I would now like to invite all Larry's butt-kissers to pile on. My care factor is especially low at the moment, so please, don't hold back.

Any that agree with Voltage,Vader, Whizzer and myself, feel free to counter-argue.

I will shout "IN BEFORE THE LOCK" and you chaps, in your best Henry V accent utter "cry havoc - and let slip the dogs of war" and engage in witty banter.

Have at it fellows, have at it.

My money is on Tommy Voltage and crew. (thumbs u (thumbs u :applause:

WTF are you talking about? I disagree with TommyVoltage about EVERYTHING. Being put on the probie list must have rotted your brain. :facepalm:

He can do whatever he wants. He's the INFAMOUS Larry. Isn't that what he calls himself?

Reason they don't have them on the shelf. http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=140943758605&pt=US_Comic_Books&_osacat=0&hash=item20d0e7150d&_ssn=comic-madness&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR6.TRC1&_nkw=phantom+variants&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Right on eBay.

Coming from you this is hilarious. You would not hesitate to do exactly the same. The only difference is you'd probably gouge on shipping as well.

You really are a bellend.

Edited by Whizzer

Since this thread is rarely about Moderns Heating Up... I will offer my opinion.

Larry is a nice guy who likes to support artists (mostly indy) he likes by providing them additional work (income) that can be published and that they can sell.

He also runs a business that has multiple comic stores.

He combined the two to create a way to generate awareness of these artists / titles and to increase sales in his store.

I love everyone :grin:

Y'all play nice, or I'm gonna..... I'm gonna..... *spoon*

Who am I kiddin' (shrug)

Keep on being nice Ryan and maybe it will catch on with other boardies.......

Edited by THB

So let me get this straight...

Tommy Voltage comes onto a message board and tells whoever reads it that this particular shop is awful in essence.

Larry, who is a retailer and I would think defends other retailers as he should basically calls out this poster and says he will share those statements with that LCS, who this just in runs a business with employees and people that count on employment, but Tommy did nothing wrong?

To think anyone would agree with Tommy Voltage's statement and not think there would be repercussions is laughable.

Remember, Larry is going to be around much much longer then many of you.

It's a good idea to think about who you are knocking before you post. People like Larry, Eric Stephenson etc have done a lot more good for comics then the majority of people bashing. We are lucky to have them as part of our community.

But what do I know...

Tommy Voltage comes onto a message board and tells whoever reads it that this particular shop is awful in essence.

Larry, who is a retailer and I would think defends other retailers as he should basically calls out this poster and says he will share those statements with that LCS, who this just in runs a business with employees and people that count on employment, but Tommy did nothing wrong?

To think anyone would agree with Tommy Voltage's statement and not think there would be repercussions is laughable.

It's a good idea to think about who you are knocking before you post. People like Larry, Eric Stephenson etc have done a lot more good for comics then the majority of people bashing. We are lucky to have them as part of our community.

But what do I know...

Well said :applause:

And Agree 100%

But what do I know...

Quoted for truth.

But what do I know...

:applause:

Larry might be the nicest guy on the planet but the phantom variants, from what I heard, were meant to be a way for people to get variants for cover price yet he sells them for $15. That's a blatant money grab. I don't have a problem with people making money but I'd have a problem if say, Apple said they created the ipad mini in order to create more jobs in china and do all them workers a favour.

Also, he does himself no favours on this board and comes across really really unprofessional. If he owned my local comic shop I'd rather travel further to a different one.

He also reminds me of...

larz.jpg

larz2.jpg

:grin:

This started because I said you will receive a 9.0-9.2 if you buy from their eBay listing. When everyone on here only wants 9.8. I use to go there. It is a mess. But since it is a store owner and not a member in the marketplace it was wrong to say.