• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

How are the Saga 2nd and 3rd prints doing? Is there a demand for them? I found a 2nd print of issue 3 and I remember seeing some rather high prices on the boards for them awhile back. Still worth flipping?

Seems like there is a demand for them, but only in 9.8.

How are the Saga 2nd and 3rd prints doing? Is there a demand for them? I found a 2nd print of issue 3 and I remember seeing some rather high prices on the boards for them awhile back. Still worth flipping?

only worth flipping if the raw is a dead lock for 9.8 or you already have a 9.8. Registry set folks are filling in the gaps to get a complete run going.

I just sold a Saga #2 3rd print for $6 and a Saga #1 4th print for $15 over the weekend.

I just sold a Saga #2 3rd print for $6 and a Saga #1 4th print for $15 over the weekend.

I found a #2 2nd print and 3 1st print in the dollar bin with spine ticks a few weeks ago and sold them for $10 combined as VF- last week. It was to a Zero feedback buyer, tho.

Yes 2nd and 3rd prints are in demand. Still need 9.8 second print of 6 and. 9.8 4th print of #1 that is eluding me. Each raw I buy on eBay looks good. Once I get them I am disappointed.

Edited by jreezy

Yes 2nd and 3rd prints are in demand. Still need 9.8 second print of 6 and. 9.8 4th print of #1 that is eluding me. Each raw I buy on eBay looks good. Once I get them I am disappointed.

I know what you mean. I'm running into the same thing lately. But eBay is always a risk I guess...

I know what you mean. I'm running into the same thing lately. But eBay is always a risk I guess...

4th print was tough. Not many to be had in the first place, and the one I cherrypicked is a strong 9.6 because of 1 spine tick on the back. I might be able to press it out-if I ever have a book pressed that is. I have stacks of books in the "to be pressed category" that I'll hopefully get to some day. Where can I get my own press???

Edited by gradejunky

Not that this is new but the prices seem pretty crazy.

Spawn #9 NM @ $50 & 8 bids.

I think all the spawn 9 prices are crazy, but that one being the UPC variant, is much, much more rare than a regular # 9.

If regulars are selling for $10-20. Upc version hitting $50-75 seems logical to me.. ( based on the crazy market for the book atm )

So last night I went through my boxes and discovered by Spawn 9 is actually the UPC variant. I'm assuming this means its a newsstand variant, correct?