• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Nowhere Men #3 - $9.99

Good example, 15 on the shelf marked up. eBay get them for $3-5. If you inflate them because the market, well deflate them when the market decreases

How much is shipping on a copy - $5? $6? $7 (it will be more for us canucks).

Depending on the shipping cost, it is not that bad of a deal in the end to buy certain books at your LCS even if the price is a bit higher.

Just picked up Damned: Prodigal Sons #2 & #3 for cover price. :whee:

Well Done! What condition is that issue 3 in? I have found three locally in the last month and only one would probably grade at 9.8.

Little disappointed went into the LCS, they had the Star Wars #1 sketch $150? A little to far over my budget

That's what I love about one of my stores. For variants, they won't hold them for anyone (i.e. first come, first serve) BUT, they don't gouge. He'll add like a buck or something for every 10 extra issues he has to buy, or something like that. He just wants to make sure he's not losing any money, and maybe get a little bit extra.

Variants range anywhere from $4-$12, depending on ratio. 1:10, 1:20 or 1:25 go for about $6-$7 at their highest. 1:50 and 1:100 go for about $12, sometimes $15.

I was charged $50 for the Star Wars Sketch, and that's one of the highest prices I've seen in a while.

When they charged more a couple years ago, they just ended up in the back issue box ($25 for a 1:25, $12 on a 1:10, when they'd have like 4 or 5 copies).

There's another store that is ridiculous. He'll have like 1:15 at $15-$20, and they'll sit for years. Any high ratios, and ComiCon exclusives, they hit $50-$100 or more always. (this is also the place where I'm CERTAIN he holds back Image #1's, hot books (EVEN when you ask if he has any) on release day, then "walls" them the next week, and jacks the price to $15-$30 or more.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind when they jack up the prices, they have to make a living too I understand that. Sounds like you have a sweet gig though there. But here is my problem with it, the Star Wars sketch variant was hitting say 150, they said they checked eBay. I'm fine with that, but if it drops to 100-130 well don't charge me 150. I'll just go buy it on eBay then, and give my money to some John Doe with a eBay account. If you are going to inflate your prices because a hot title is doing well on the secondary market, well deflate it when it's going back down.

Just my two cents

Very true. The thing I think that happens is, though, is that once the prices go down, they'll keep it at the higher price longer than is reasonable, but most customers won't buy it since they know it's inflated. THEY'RE the ones (sellers) that end up losing out.

If anything, it just becomes frustrating for customers, who are like "man, when is this dork going to lower the price. I don't want to go to eBay for it, since it's right here in front of me, but I will if I have to."

I think it's dumb more than anything, from a business sense, when the guys will hold on to this once amazing price for months or years after the fact. At some point, you just have to say, as a store owner " You know what, Gambit #1 Gold Variant just isn't worth $75 anymore", and adjust your prices.

I just shake my head and wonder when I see owners who act like that.

Little disappointed went into the LCS, they had the Star Wars #1 sketch $150? A little to far over my budget

That's what I love about one of my stores. For variants, they won't hold them for anyone (i.e. first come, first serve) BUT, they don't gouge. He'll add like a buck or something for every 10 extra issues he has to buy, or something like that. He just wants to make sure he's not losing any money, and maybe get a little bit extra.

Variants range anywhere from $4-$12, depending on ratio. 1:10, 1:20 or 1:25 go for about $6-$7 at their highest. 1:50 and 1:100 go for about $12, sometimes $15.

I was charged $50 for the Star Wars Sketch, and that's one of the highest prices I've seen in a while.

When they charged more a couple years ago, they just ended up in the back issue box ($25 for a 1:25, $12 on a 1:10, when they'd have like 4 or 5 copies).

There's another store that is ridiculous. He'll have like 1:15 at $15-$20, and they'll sit for years. Any high ratios, and ComiCon exclusives, they hit $50-$100 or more always. (this is also the place where I'm CERTAIN he holds back Image #1's, hot books (EVEN when you ask if he has any) on release day, then "walls" them the next week, and jacks the price to $15-$30 or more.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind when they jack up the prices, they have to make a living too I understand that. Sounds like you have a sweet gig though there. But here is my problem with it, the Star Wars sketch variant was hitting say 150, they said they checked eBay. I'm fine with that, but if it drops to 100-130 well don't charge me 150. I'll just go buy it on eBay then, and give my money to some John Doe with a eBay account. If you are going to inflate your prices because a hot title is doing well on the secondary market, well deflate it when it's going back down.

Just my two cents

Very true. The thing I think that happens is, though, is that once the prices go down, they'll keep it at the higher price longer than is reasonable, but most customers won't buy it since they know it's inflated. THEY'RE the ones (sellers) that end up losing out.

If anything, it just becomes frustrating for customers, who are like "man, when is this dork going to lower the price. I don't want to go to eBay for it, since it's right here in front of me, but I will if I have to."

I think it's dumb more than anything, from a business sense, when the guys will hold on to this once amazing price for months or years after the fact. At some point, you just have to say, as a store owner " You know what, Gambit #1 Gold Variant just isn't worth $75 anymore", and adjust your prices.

I just shake my head and wonder when I see owners who act like that.

Here's my thing, if they are keeping up with current treads, well keep up with them all the time

44B83459-FD65-4D52-8DE0-4E41F0048C4C-1559-0000013F9F28EEA1_zps1cd7f565.jpg

Now I wouldn't mind payin that at a store that I am at once a week

It would be cool to walk into a store and hear " it's marked at 150" we'll if I whip out my phone and say 2 recent sales are 50-70 dollars cheaper. What can you do ? And actually have the LCS employee say " yes we can do that"

That's it really. Bunn/Hurtt first work together. It was picked up for a movie and TV show years ago, but that didn't heat it up until TSG. It is very hard to find. A lot of people like it, but it wasn't for me. It's about mobsters that are demons controlling the city.

That's it really. Bunn/Hurtt first work together. It was picked up for a movie and TV show years ago, but that didn't heat it up until TSG. It is very hard to find. A lot of people like it, but it wasn't for me. It's about mobsters that are demons controlling the city.

Very Low print Run on both series also.

What's the buzz on Damned (other than it's weak association with Sixth Gun)?

Now that you are talking about it, I'm buzzed.

Buying 200 copies

Press

Triple sig

Flip

Monies.

What book are we talking about again lol

Fixed it for you. ;)

What's the buzz on Damned (other than it's weak association with Sixth Gun)?

Now that you are talking about it, I'm buzzed.

Buying 20 copies

Press

Triple sig

Flip

Monies.

What book are we talking about again lol

:signfunny:

When they charged more a couple years ago, they just ended up in the back issue box ($35 for a 1:25, $20 on a 1:10, when they'd have like 4 or 5 copies).

There's another store that is ridiculous. He'll have like 1:15 at $15-$25, and they'll sit for years. Any high ratios, and ComiCon exclusives, they hit $50-$100 or more always. (this is also the place where I'm CERTAIN he holds back Image #1's, hot books (EVEN when you ask if he has any) on release day, then "walls" them the next week, and jacks the price to $15-$30 or more.

:o AUSTIN BOOKS has a branch in Canada???? Edited by Holden Caulfield