• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Comics that SHOULD be heatin' up on Ebay:

Spider-Man 365 Newsstand ( first Spider-Man 2099 ) - Preview (Larry has 6 longboxes full so no heat here)

Marvel Previews #83 - 1st appearance of Bishop the Last X-Man 16 ( Last Issue ) ;)

Spider-Man 2099 1 2nd print, 45,46

Iron Man 12 ( first Controller )

Incredible Hulk 272 Newsstand ( Rocket Raccoon ) - :gossip: it's #271

Annihilation Star Lord 4 ( Survey Variant )

sorted

Yes 271 newsstand is the first RR in color but he appears in 272 in a flashback!

Incredible Hulk #272 Newstand is still going to be worth something. His first color is #271, but he is in a flashback in #272.

So the flashback in the 2nd comic is his 1st appearance then (shrug)

(shrug)

I really have no idea how the market decides. It's safe to have both. #272 you can still find them in $1 bins, but it is starting to catch on. I was at a local con the other weekend and almost everyone had #271 on their rack and a few people had it paired next to #272 (this was around a 40-50 seller con).

Interesting that Thief of Thieves is higher than TWD hm ... What's pushing that?

Apparently people typing in their searches on Ebay. I would suspect just because we are crazy about SAGA!!! :sumo: on these boards doesn't mean the rest of the collecting community agrees. hm

Only downside is a HUGE print run. Every flea market in the US has a copy of that book seriously. It will rise in price some, but man I am not kidding when they printed the hell out of it because Portacio I think had just joined X-men as artist if my memory is right.

And I love it when I see someone who's still stuck on '93 prices, who thinks this is worth $30.

Incredible Hulk #272 Newstand is still going to be worth something. His first color is #271, but he is in a flashback in #272.

(shrug)

I really have no idea how the market decides. It's safe to have both. #272 you can still find them in $1 bins, but it is starting to catch on. I was at a local con the other weekend and almost everyone had #271 on their rack and a few people had it paired next to #272 (this was around a 40-50 seller con).

The Marvel Preview Appearance is a Magazine format.

Magazine format books can't fit in long boxes so more people want the Hulk 271 than the Marvel Preview 6 or 7 or Santana issue whatever.

(shrug)

Magazine format books can't fit in long boxes so more people want the Hulk 271 than the Marvel Preview 6 or 7 or Santana issue whatever.

I get what you are saying but the Marvel Preview Mag is STILL the first appearance and much harder to find in high grade.

(shrug)

I get what you are saying but the Marvel Preview Mag is STILL the first appearance and much harder to find in high grade.

Are you looking for one? I should have one or two - I'm sitting on 5 premo copies of MP 4 as well. Not sure if I should sell or hold.

(shrug)

Are you looking for one? I should have one or two - I'm sitting on 5 premo copies of MP 4 as well. Not sure if I should sell or hold.

Really? cgc MP 7 9.8 sold for around 2000 recently.

Most people don't care about newstand vs regular

They should care.

As they say in the stock market, don't fight the tape.

they shouldnt

It can be a bad generalization, sure. My basic point was that you can't dictate to the market what something 'should' be worth. The market will decide for itself.

They should care.

they shouldnt

It can be a bad generalization, sure. My basic point was that you can't dictate to the market what something 'should' be worth. The market will decide for itself.

that is true

They should care.

they shouldnt

sorry, it was easier to quote you but i was responding to mrween.

"they should care"

"no they shouldnt"

They should care.

they shouldnt

sorry, it was easier to quote you but i was responding to mrween.

"they should care"

"no they shouldnt"

Ah, OK. :grin: (thumbs u

It's certainly something that's had 30+ years to catch on, and hasn't. The newsstand/UPC copies are certainly less in number and grade, but have never gained any traction.