• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Most people don't care about newstand vs regular

They should care.

As they say in the stock market, don't fight the tape.

they shouldnt

It can be a bad generalization, sure. My basic point was that you can't dictate to the market what something 'should' be worth. The market will decide for itself.

sorry, it was easier to quote you but i was responding to mrween.

"they should care"

"no they shouldnt"

Ah, OK. :grin: (thumbs u

It's certainly something that's had 30+ years to catch on, and hasn't. The newsstand/UPC copies are certainly less in number and grade, but have never gained any traction.

You are absolutely correct. 30 something years, same as mark jewelers. Maybe it will take another 20 years for it to catch, but most likely not.

Newsstand copies have already caught on to a degree. People pay a premium for spidey newsstands from what I've seen. I've gotten offers of well above gpa for my 300 newsstand 9.8.

Also trying to get a 361 newsstand 9.8 I've seen people pay well above gpa.

It seems to me that there are about 4-5 collectors on various forums trying desperately to convince people there is a huge market difference for newstands. I have never actually seen it, beyond those 4-5 collectors, but that's just my 2c(shrug)

(also, they get really defensive when you question whether there is actually a market for them)

It seems to me that there are about 4-5 collectors on various forums trying desperately to convince people there is a huge market difference for newstands. I have never actually seen it, beyond those 4-5 collectors, but that's just my 2c(shrug)

(also, they get really defensive when you question whether there is actually a market for them)

I think there is a market for any collectible... just a very niche market. Some collectors want EVERY ISSUE, EVERY VARIANT, etc. Some want the book in 9.8 condition. Some just want the book.

These prices represent a moment in time and are by no means the final price. That being said here is the list! (thumbs u

Peter Panzerfaust RRP @ $102+ & 2 bids.

Grimm Fairy Tales #83 Secret Retailer Exclusive @ $61 & 11 bids,

Batman #1 @ $41 & 6 bids.

NYX #3 @ $31+ & 8 bids.

Rachael Rising #1 @ $27 & 3 bids.

Iron Man #282 @ $26 & 3 bids.

Thief of Thieves #1 @ $26 & 5 bids.

More can be found here!

I've tried to sell a raw Batman #1 9.8 about 5 times and no luck. This is the last time, and if it goes unsold again I'l just submit it with other 2 9.8 copies I have. I just can't seem to figure out why my auctions go unsold next to some of the others.

No reserve. Auction w/BIN. I have it at what I think is a reasonable price. $59.99 start price w/ a BIN of $79.99 w/ free Priority ship. I have stated it as flat rate priority envelope with 4 thick cardboard inserts, and bubble wrap to ship it. It will be secure for sure. I have tried before with a lower start price, and free box shipping with no bites. The book is cherry. As a matter of fact:

Auction

I always have a tough time starting auctions that high. I have better luck starting something like that at 9.99 or even just .99 and setting a reserve at 59.99, hoping to get it to the 79.99.

It seems like it's hard for people to bid $60 to start with. Easier for people to bid a few bucks and get caught up in the auction.

2c

No reserve. Auction w/BIN. I have it at what I think is a reasonable price. $59.99 start price w/ a BIN of $79.99 w/ free Priority ship. I have stated it as flat rate priority envelope with 4 thick cardboard inserts, and bubble wrap to ship it. It will be secure for sure. I have tried before with a lower start price, and free box shipping with no bites. The book is cherry. As a matter of fact:

Auction

I saw a few sets the other week #1-12 and #1-14 that were NM (that's what the auction said so who really knows) for $80-85. Maybe when the next arc starts just price it at $80 BIN for 30 days.

Speaking as only a buyer, I would barely want to give that much for an already graded 9.8, and with the book being so new and over 200,000 printed, I think that is what they will be selling for soon enough. Already 640 graded 9.8! Any of the new 52 should be getting cheaper and cheaper, not the other way around.

I always have a tough time starting auctions that high. I have better luck starting something like that at 9.99 or even just .99 and setting a reserve at 59.99, hoping to get it to the 79.99.

It seems like it's hard for people to bid $60 to start with. Easier for people to bid a few bucks and get caught up in the auction.

2c

(thumbs u

Everytime I used to start auctions low, I would get one bid and leave a bunch of $$$ on the table. After ebay started the whole 50 free auctions a month with any start price, I started listing auctions at the least I would take. Basically a BIN in auction format. Maybe I'll try and drop the $ down another $20, but I'm very wary of doing so.

Auction

the price is too high. the book isn't slabbed, there is already a numerical grade attached, although i still dont know what the spoon a 9.75 is. if anything, that copy will sell on ebay for $50-60. a slabbed 9.8 copy will probably hit around $100-110. gpa shows $120.

most dont want to chance grading it themselves and have it come back a 9.6 or worse. $80 + grading fees.

dont assign numerical/cgc grades to your books, you never know what will happen.

Edited by youmechoose

I've got to say, Rachel Rising is rising fast - I've been watching this book and it just keeps going up and up ... complete sets, quite cheap a little while ago and are now closer to $250!