• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Can't believe how much some of that old Atari 2600 stuff goes for.....I remember tossing out tons of cartridges when the next big thing rolled into town. Atari was history when Colecovision hit.....that got snuffed when Nintendo showed up.....then Sega......then Neo-Geo....and Playstation....etc...etc...etc.

Ah, the good old days!

I remember around the time the aliens vs predator movies came out I found a bunch of aliens vs predator books in the .50 bin and put them up on ebay and people went nuts out bidding each other. Some of them ended up selling for hundreds. Then people came to thier senses when it was time to pay. Sometimes people get in the heat of the moment and just want to win no matter what. It just sucks when they dont honor thier bid. Its even more common now that there are not negatives for bidders anymore.

Anyway, my point is that sometimes a crazy price is legit, but that doesnt mean its getting paid for.

I remember around the time the aliens vs predator movies came out I found a bunch of aliens vs predator books in the .50 bin and put them up on ebay and people went nuts out bidding each other. Some of them ended up selling for hundreds. Then people came to thier senses when it was time to pay. Sometimes people get in the heat of the moment and just want to win no matter what. It just sucks when they dont honor thier bid. Its even more common now that there are not negatives for bidders anymore.

Anyway, my point is that sometimes a crazy price is legit, but that doesnt mean its getting paid for.

Couldnt agree more - I HATE that there is nothing that happens to bidders. Such a stupid policy.

Couldnt agree more - I HATE that there is nothing that happens to bidders. Such a stupid policy.

I don't even get how the logic of that went. Its not like you can go into an auction house and bid up something then not pay. Ebay should be automatic immediate payment or it goes to the next highest bidder.

Every new ebayer should have to deposit a certain amount into an account that automatically pays and they cannot bid above that. Anyone with a strike should be forced to do the same thing. With all of the moronic changes ebay makes they would never do something like this that actually makes sense to correct an ongoing problem.