• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

In all honesty, and I mean no disrespect, it isn't going to matter a hill of beans. This is old news to speculators once the news broke and people would be happy to get their $1 back out of the issues they pulled out of bins.

Ton More awesome Modern Age comics heating up here!

I credited CBT and Larry in a thread mentioning people who volunteer valuable info and I should have mentioned you also. I was checking out your list and thought this was interesting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140972472183&item=140972472183&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

The last time my name was in a comic, I was getting a priceless no prize lol

Thanks for the info you provide. I use it for comics and my oldest son uses it for MTG info.

Edited by The Authority

Ton More awesome Modern Age comics heating up here!

I credited CBT and Larry in a thread mentioning people who volunteer valuable info and I should have mentioned you also. I was checking out your list and thought this was interesting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140972472183&item=140972472183&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

The last time my name was in a comic, I was getting a priceless no prize lol

Thanks for the info you provide. I use it for comics and my oldest son uses it for MTG info.

Oh, so someone does use the MtG section of the website! :o:grin:

Edited by whetteon

Whet, does your site track BINs as well? The reason I ask is that I have sold books at prices well above those for the auctions you are tracking via my BINs over the past few months.

Edited by kimik

I'd say run away from any Big Hero stuff...

Want proof? Name a comic that went to animated that had an significant impact on prices?

No Marver animated movies

No DC animated movies

No Generator Rex which was based on M-Rex

Probably a slew of others...

But what do I know lol

I rarely disagree with jj but have np selling sets of this book for good prices.

Sunfire sold well for me all last year before this announcement as sets. They are dollar books that are easy flips. Slabs though I can't commrnt on as I sell raw. Both sunfire and sunfire sold well for me but sunfire sells better. Neither had large print runs so that helps

Edited by Fastballspecial

In all honesty, and I mean no disrespect, it isn't going to matter a hill of beans. This is old news to speculators once the news broke and people would be happy to get their $1 back out of the issues they pulled out of bins.

i see nothing wrong with speculating on early appearances which can be found really cheap. there just arent that many, the group didnt appear that often. when the adaptation was first announced sets of sunfire and bh6 sold for pretty good money and so did alpha 17, i dont think a lot of people even knew about 16 or thunderbolts 25 . if they had those books would have sold well too. i agree that cartoon adaptations dont usually mean much for related comics but because its disney i think its worth considering these comics

i see nothing wrong with speculating on early appearances which can be found really cheap. there just arent that many, the group didnt appear that often. when the adaptation was first announced sets of sunfire and bh6 sold for pretty good money and so did alpha 17, i dont think a lot of people even knew about 16 or thunderbolts 25 . if they had those books would have sold well too. i agree that cartoon adaptations dont usually mean much for related comics but because its disney i think its worth considering these comics

Well there's a couple recent sales of Alpha Flight 17 for $8-20 raw for what its worth. I haven't seen any 16s going for more money yet.

Edit: realized one of the sales I saw had all of Sunfire + Big Hero 6 too

Edited by Huskie

Detective Comics #1 (2011) VERY-FINE-MINUS 1st Printing SOLD $42.50

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=24276155

Both Tec #1 and Batman #1 are slowly but steadily rising in price. I can't believe how much people are willing to pay for some of the later printing "variant" covers......but I am happy to sell to them at those rates! lol

For fun this Friday I composed this list of hot Deadpool books trending up.

Seige #3 Deadpool Variant @ $410 & 2 bids.

Hulk #16 Deadpool Variant previously mentioned and @ $100 & 6 bids

New Mutants #98 @ $71 & 13 bids.

Signed Scottie Deadpool #1 Variant @ $29 & 2 bids.

Age of Ultron Deadpool Variant #1 @ $29 & 8 bids.

Thanos Rising Deadpool Variant #1 @ $20+ & 6 bids.

(thumbs u