• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,836 posts in this topic

I guess obscure regional variants will be the next big thing? Been selling these steadily for $20 a pop......

scan0043_zpsddc1fa24.jpg

I dont know. I always see a bubble in sales for regional variants based. Bubble usually bursts after two to three weeks of book being released. :sorry:

Weren't Mark Jeweler's regional variants?

I guess obscure regional variants will be the next big thing? Been selling these steadily for $20 a pop......

scan0043_zpsddc1fa24.jpg

I dont know. I always see a bubble in sales for regional variants based. Bubble usually bursts after two to three weeks of book being released. :sorry:

Yes, but that was just advertising-- they were not printed to be a manufactured collectible.

scan0043_zpsddc1fa24.jpg

Not regional per se, but sent specifically to US military bases worldwide.

The Big Bang Theory season 6 episode 13. The girls buy a copy of Fables #1 cover A. $$$

Such an unfunny show. :frustrated:

Wait........... What? Unfunny, really?

What would you find funny then?

The Big Bang Theory season 6 episode 13. The girls buy a copy of Fables #1 cover A. $$$

They've got a good premise, but the humour just isn't well executed and/or that funny.

And I get their comic and sciene references. It's not like it's over my head or anything.

Just low-brow, mindless humour. A supposed "joke" every like three seconds. No time for the it to sink in beofre the next one. Forced jokes. Just lame. Similar to "2 and a half men" "According to Jim", etc.

It's OKAY to just watch as a show, but not as a comedy. I will admit that I have laughed at it. But maybe like twice an episode. It just floored me when I found out, maybe 2-3 years ago, just HOW many people thought the show was so amazing.

Funny TV (that's MEANT to be funny) would be:

The Office

Family Guy

Arrested Development

Old Simpsons

Frasier (now THAT's intellectual comedy done properly)

Da Ali G Show

Robot Chicken

Seinfeld

Friends

Conan O'Brien

Saturday Night Live

Modern Family

The Tom Green Show

That 70's Show

Edited by Dukes40

They've got a good premise, but the humour just isn't well executed and/or that funny.

And I get their comic and sciene references. It's not like it's over my head or anything.

Just low-brow, mindless humour. A supposed "joke" every like three seconds. No time for the it to sink in beofre the next one. Forced jokes. Just lame. Similar to "2 and a half men" "According to Jim", etc.

It's OKAY to just watch as a show, but not as a comedy. I will admit that I have laughed at it. But maybe like twice an episode. It just floored me when I found out, maybe 2-3 years ago, just HOW many people thought the show was so amazing.

Funny TV (that's MEANT to be funny) would be:

The Office

Family Guy

Arrested Development

Old Simpsons

Frasier (now THAT's intellectual comedy done properly)

Da Ali G Show

Robot Chicken

Seinfeld

Friends

Conan O'Brien

Saturday Night Live

Modern Family

The Tom Green Show

That 70's Show

To each his own but I would say you are in the minority.

The Big Bang theory uses a laugh track.

Which means the producers of the show think its audience is too stupid to know when to laugh.

It's also an advertisement for all things Warner brothers.

I don't think real comic fans like the show. 2c

Which means the producers of the show think its audience is too stupid to know when to laugh.

I'm not a real comic fan :sorry:

I'm not a real comic fan :sorry:

+1 now

Is THAT why they're all about DC??

Never even thought about that.

That's a joke right?

They're not all about DC. They do mention Justice League/Flash a lot and Batman on occasion, but they also talk about Thor nonstop (and one of them was Thor for Halloween). And Captain Sweatpants in the comic book store.

Jimmy, totally agree 100% hate this show and one of the biggest reasons is the laugh track. The other reason is because the humor is written by troglodytes trying to sound intelligent. Lastly, because its just not funny.... I loathe the show.

That's a joke right?

Nope. I didn't really think of that. Makes sense now, though, if Warner Brothers is associated with the show.

Jimmy, totally agree 100% hate this show and one of the biggest reasons is the laugh track. The other reason is because the humor is written by troglodytes trying to sound intelligent. Lastly, because its just not funny.... I loathe the show.

Si!!

I mean, you can do good shows with a laugh track, but don't play it every half second.

And yes, just because you talk about science, doesn't mean you're a "smart" show, or your comedy is "intelligent".

Like , YES, it's not expected for a nerdy Raj to dance and sing to "Ice Ice Baby". HAHAHAHAHHA! Is it funny? Not at all.