• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Big Bang Theory uses a laugh track on top of the live audience - a techique called "sweetening".

Horrible, horrible show.

All sitcoms use a laugh track of some sort.

Yeah, almost all sitcoms with live audiences enhance the laughter and I think the show would come off terribly inconsistent if it didn't. But that's different from saying that the show depends on the laugh track because "the producers of the show think its audience is too stupid to know when to laugh".

It's funny how many The Big Bang Theory haters there are on these boards. I'm a real comic book fan and like the show for the most part. I actually find it funny when they poke fun at different aspects of the hobby. But then again, I don't get my panties in a bunch as easily as some here.

+1

I dont see how it does nothing, but help the hobby become more mainstream. Lighten up people. I prefer this humor to all the other jokes made about our hobby over the last 20 years.

+ Agreed it makes me laugh more than any other sitcom since seinfeld. Its light and doesn't take itself seriously. The laugh track / no laugh track is a moot point in my opinion

Yea it is a pretty stupid complaint. I don't even notice the laugh track. One of my friends won't watch shows with a laugh track and whenever I suggest a show his first question is if it has a laugh track. I don't usually even know how to respond.

And Big Bang Theory is a great show. There comments about comics are usually funny. I don't think they are making fun of the medium at all. And in all honesty it seems like the writers are probably comic fans.

Someone made a comment about Frasier being intellectual comedy done right. I love Frasier, but I don't think you can compare it to TBBT. TBBT is not intellectual comedy per se, it's a comedy that deals with intellectual scientific concepts, on top of comic nerdiness. But it's a light, fun little jaunt. :D

Si! :headbang:

I sold an Annihilation Conquest set for $125 shipped today. 2 months ago I was selling them for $50-60, last month they were $80, and now $$$.

You mean $99 shipped?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANNIHILATION-CONQUEST-1-2-3-4-5-6-1st-appearance-GUARDIANS-OF-THE-GALAXY-MOVIE-/140988644293?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20d393fbc5

Nah. He offered me another $25 if I guaranteed #6 was a 9.8.

I sold an Annihilation Conquest set for $125 shipped today. 2 months ago I was selling them for $50-60, last month they were $80, and now $$$.

You mean $99 shipped?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANNIHILATION-CONQUEST-1-2-3-4-5-6-1st-appearance-GUARDIANS-OF-THE-GALAXY-MOVIE-/140988644293?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20d393fbc5

lol I have chosen to respond to your old ID.... :baiting:

You mean $99 shipped?

why would he offer to pay more than what the item was listed for?

You mean $99 shipped?

If you would like a screen shot of the message and the PayPal transaction feel free to PM me. :makepoint:

Big Bang Theory uses a laugh track on top of the live audience - a techique called "sweetening".

Horrible, horrible show.

Yeah, almost all sitcoms with live audiences enhance the laughter and I think the show would come off terribly inconsistent if it didn't. But that's different from saying that the show depends on the laugh track because "the producers of the show think its audience is too stupid to know when to laugh".

It's funny how many The Big Bang Theory haters there are on these boards. I'm a real comic book fan and like the show for the most part. I actually find it funny when they poke fun at different aspects of the hobby. But then again, I don't get my panties in a bunch as easily as some here.

I love the show! (thumbs u

I love it too!

The Big Bang Theory season 6 episode 13. The girls buy a copy of Fables #1 cover A. $$$

Such an unfunny show. :frustrated:

Wait........... What? Unfunny, really?

What would you find funny then?

They've got a good premise, but the humour just isn't well executed and/or that funny.

And I get their comic and sciene references. It's not like it's over my head or anything.

Just low-brow, mindless humour. A supposed "joke" every like three seconds. No time for the it to sink in beofre the next one. Forced jokes. Just lame. Similar to "2 and a half men" "According to Jim", etc.

It's OKAY to just watch as a show, but not as a comedy. I will admit that I have laughed at it. But maybe like twice an episode. It just floored me when I found out, maybe 2-3 years ago, just HOW many people thought the show was so amazing.

Funny TV (that's MEANT to be funny) would be:

The Office

Family Guy

Arrested Development

Old Simpsons

Frasier (now THAT's intellectual comedy done properly)

Da Ali G Show

Robot Chicken

Seinfeld

Friends

Conan O'Brien

Saturday Night Live

Modern Family

The Tom Green Show

That 70's Show

As they have said each to their own, but I almost feel asleep reading that list. I can say that I have never seen the Tom Green show. Frasier reminds me of golden girls.

SNL has not been funny in decades.

Funny people have said low-brow mindless humor..... can we say family guy? Simpsons?

You mean $99 shipped?

if i'm reading right, it was to guarantee #6 was a 9.8 (thumbs u

Horrible, horrible show.

I love the show! (thumbs u

I love it too!

Guess we are too low brow for our buddy Juno here. meh