• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Everyone with multiple accounts has legit reasons for it, and don't shill, and don't invite other people to join a shilling circle :facepalm:

------------------

Yes, everyone had 0 feedback once, I didnt say one way or another whether this person is. But if you are going to post an auction as setting a new high, or a sign of heating up on ebay, the bid data matters.

Anyone who doesnt take bid action like that with a grain of salt, risks being misinformed, that's my only point. If you want to go out and pay 50.51 for that book, by all means, be my guest.

But for my money, and my advice, I say, sketchy auction....more data needed.

Edited by CBT

nope, my answer was my answer, and remains my answer:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=200930822667&showauto=true

look at the date stamps, and the auto bids.

I know that people who actually shill and post here like to try to keep inexperienced people in the dark about how much shilling there is on ebay, and the many different ways its done and hidden. Me, I like to investigate data, educate people, and always side with caution.

Not only is the 0 feedback user only bidding in 50 cent increments, days apart, pushing each "regular" bidder to their max.....

Not only does he stop each time it crosses by mere pennies

Not only is he overpaying

But all the so called "legit" bidders, all bid in perfect round numbers, ending in .00

As I am sure you are well aware, most shillers and shill accounts have LOTS of feedback. The ones with low feedback are hardly the only shill accounts out there.

The entire bid action screams fishy. So, regardless of whether I said it or not, regardless of anything else, anyone looking at that auctions bid history SHOULD at the very least acknowledge the possibility it might be BS. Maybe it is legit, but it certainly doesnt look legit, and certainly has a good probability of being fake.

Telling people to not question, analyze, or think about things benefits no one....well, except maybe people who shill.

Edited by CBT

nope, my answer was my answer, and remains my answer:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=200930822667&showauto=true

look at the date stamps, and the auto bids.

I know that people who actually shill and post here like to try to keep inexperienced people in the dark about how much shilling there is on ebay, and the many different ways its done and hidden. Me, I like to investigate data, educate people, and always side with caution.

Not only is the 0 feedback user only bidding in 50 cent increments, days apart, pushing each "regular" bidder to their max.....

Not only does he stop each time it crosses by mere pennies

Not only is he overpaying

But all the so called "legit" bidders, all bid in perfect round numbers, ending in .00

As I am sure you are well aware, most shillers and shill accounts have LOTS of feedback. The ones with low feedback are hardly the only shill accounts out there.

The entire bid action screams fishy. So, regardless of whether I said it or not, regardless of anything else, anyone looking at that auctions bid history SHOULD at the very least acknowledge the possibility it might be BS. Maybe it is legit, but it certainly doesnt look legit, and certainly has a good probability of being fake.

Telling people to not question, analyze, or think about things benefits no one....well, except maybe people who shill.

You should create a twitter account. Just because it might help you write down yours ideas without writing an essay every time. :facepalm:

You should create a twitter account. Just because it might help you write down yours ideas without writing an essay every time. :facepalm:

when you've run out of points to make, and have no answers, change the subject. (thumbs u

I'll keep questioning things, pushing for discussion and debate, and generally helping people.

If others want to try and squelch other people's opinions by trying to claim who is or isn't "allowed to post", or try to talk down any discussion of suspicious auctions lest more people become educating on possible ways to shill, etc etc....

well hey...good luck with that (thumbs u

It's certainly not going to work with me.

oh I'm sorry that I don't want to read an essay.

But you're right CBT. Everyone with 0 feedback and has only bid on one item in the past 30 days with a seller is a shill bidder.

Keep asking questions.

:facepalm:

But you're right CBT. Everyone with 0 feedback and has only bid on one item in the past 30 days with a seller is a shill bidder.

only person who said that was you..but keep putting my name in front of it, and trying to use facepalms :blahblah:

next

Edited by CBT

You crack me up dude.

there you go, now try facepalm, and laugh icon at the same time.

Then people will REALLY know you mean it!!

and no matter what, just keep going.