• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,861 posts in this topic

Marriage is only a bit of paper with a few financial advantages. You can do everything a married couple does even if you're not married.

That is unless you didn't have join checking and other accounts prior to marriage. For many, things change when two people have to fuse their financial lives.

Lucky for me my wife doesn't care what comics cost and was willing to take Cosplay photos at the Boston Con last year for an online article ( and she does NOT read comics ). But things aren't perfect. She is currently balking at the idea of a romantic encounter between us where she dresses up as Angela and i as a Moomba.

Edited by MrWeen

Marriage is only a bit of paper with a few financial advantages. You can do everything a married couple does even if you're not married.

That is unless you didn't have join checking and other accounts prior to marriage. For many, things change when two people have to fuse their financial lives.

Lucky for me my wife doesn't care what comics cost and was willing to take Cosplay photos at the Boston Con last year for an online article ( and she does NOT read comics ). But thinks aren't perfect. She is currently balking at the idea of a romantic encounter between us where she dresses up as Angela and i as a Moomba.

:roflmao:

Lucky for me my wife doesn't care what comics cost and was willing to take Cosplay photos at the Boston Con last year for an online article ( and she does NOT read comics ). But thinks aren't perfect. She is currently balking at the idea of a romantic encounter between us where she dresses up as Angela and i as a Moomba.

If you're getting married, why WOULDN'T you have joint accounts already??

I actually meant with regards to tax, not joint accounts. And other stuff like next of kin, inheritance tax and general benefits stuff that you get the right to when married. There are things you aren't entitled to as a couple when you aren't married.

Edited by Katchoo

I actually meant with regards to tax, not joint accounts. And other stuff like next of kin, inheritance tax and general benefits stuff that you get the right to when married. There are things you aren't entitled to as a couple when you aren't married.

Si.

Jeez, am I the only one here who has a girlfriend? haha
l

I wish I had a girlfriend.

A) my wife wouldn't like that too much

B) wait till you are married, you will beg for the time to play video games.

So your wife wears the pants?

It's your marriage too bro.

I wear the pants in my relationship, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't be upset if I had another girlfriend. I do, but I just don't tell her about it.

my wife just knows how to nag. she is an expert. people say, grow balls, but i dont really feel like "chris brown-ing" her.

Funny post but you don't have to beat her to get her to stop nagging, you simply just tell her firmly that you will not tolerate her behavior, grow a backbone.

if my wife wasnt asian, i would agree. the american women i have dated in the past respected personal space. but this short korean woman doesnt care about that mess.

K, comics:

Store here was selling these for $20 a piece with his wall comics "i.e. pretty much anything mentioned in this thread, plus Grimm Variants".

http://matthewledrew.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/tmnta_01.jpg

Discuss.

Pretty sure its in the $3 bin...

I really don't want to continue this but you are talking about engaged which is different from just having a girlfriend. most couples do not share join accounts with no plans to get married.

Edited by MrWeen

K, comics:

Store here was selling these for $20 a piece with his wall comics "i.e. pretty much anything mentioned in this thread, plus Grimm Variants".

Discuss.

Ridiculous. I still can't understand why these are more highly valued to Turtles collectors:

Fugitoid 1

TMNT and other Strangeness GN

Pre Teen Dirty Gene Kung-Fu Kangaroos 1

New Age Comics 1 ( Early TMNT in color or possibly first in color appearance )

K, comics:

Discuss.

9.8's are going for $90 maybe he's charging based on the potential grade? :insane:

;) Suggest we draw a line under this though... or start a separate marriage guidance thread.

---------------

Ebay eh? Just heard that ker-ching. *Looks down at mobile* Yup thought that would be "The Last of Us" again.

I have only 4 #1's left...should I hold them or keep selling....that is the question hm

I really don't want to continue this but you are talking about engaged which is different from just having a girlfriend. most couples do not share join accounts with no plans to get married.

Not necessarily talking about engaged. I mean, you date for a while, then you move in, then get engaged, then get married.

Once you move in, and see that it is going somewhere/getting serious, why not have joint account? I mean, ya, if you never have any intention of getting married/or seeing a future together, then I can see that. But otherwise...

K, comics:

Discuss.

Pretty sure its in the $3 bin...

That's what I thought. Even online, it's like that. Them being $5 or so, that is.

Edited by Dukes40

;) Suggest we draw a line under this though... or start a separate marriage guidance thread.

---------------

Ebay eh? Just heard that ker-ching. *Looks down at mobile* Yup thought that would be "The Last of Us" again.

I have only 4 #1's left...should I hold them or keep selling....that is the question hm

Check how Uncharted 1 is doing. :gossip:

---------------

Check how Uncharted 1 is doing. :gossip:

Ya I know, same with injustice...... Bye bye.......