• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Hey where is jjeanius lately anyway? I miss that character around these parts.

SDCC (shrug)

Hi guys! :hi:

Yes, I was at SDCC - and now I'm drowning in my inbox now that I'm back in the office.

Mike - nice to see you as always.

Is this a Dukes40 thread only or can others participate? :grin:
Yeah, whenever there are 15 new posts in a thread, either a TV deal was announced or Dukes40 is catching up :baiting::roflmao:

Hahaha.

Just pray I never have to catch up regarding a TV announcement. :eek:

Finally got my first CGC order back, care of the AMAZING dscott.

SLIGHTLY disappointed with a few of the grades, but overall, a positive learning experience.

Sorry for the dark pic. It's either that, or bright flash.

I am still n00bish when it comes to comics.

I think this topic is a great 'business case' for comicbook collecting.

Deadpool is one of the hottest, new superheroes.

Marvel comics are completely saturated with his content.

Considering the 'Deadpool kills Marverl universe' run and how often Deadpool is on variant covers (avengers, x-men), it seems as thoug Marvel has a lot of confidence in Deadpool's future.

New mutants 98 is selling for $375 (cgc 9.8).

But Deadpool v1 and Deadpool v2 runs sell for so little.

Can someone please explain why the early Deadpool comics (94 thru 98) are valued so low?

Thank you in advance for the edification.

And sorry if I am highjacking heating up on ebay. I thought it might fit well in the thread considering it is the opposite: stone cold comics on Ebay.

Considering the 'Deadpool kills Marverl universe' run and how often Deadpool is on variant covers (avengers, x-men), it seems as thoug Marvel has a lot of confidence in Deadpool's future.

Can someone please explain why the early Deadpool comics (94 thru 98) are valued so low?

And sorry if I am highjacking heating up on ebay. I thought it might fit well in the thread considering it is the opposite: stone cold comics on Ebay.

94' was a mini-series. High print runs around that time keep prices low.

98' was his first regular series. Those comics are actually SOMEWHAT valuable (depending on the issue, and no where near New Mutants 98 prices). The late 90's kind of had a few lower print run years, so some Marvel comics around then have a bit of value behind them.

It's VERY up and down with the 98' series, at least I've found. But nothing really over $50. It's usually select issues for this run that would go that high. Hard to find just lying around, but not hard to get if you look a bit.

Edited by Dukes40

That's as clear as mud, isn't it? :grin:

X-Force v1 had really high print counts.

I was able to find a NM+ bagged #1 in the $0.50 bin back in May 2013.

I too have been questioning why the prices haven't increased much considering the latest news.

Especially since X-Force is early Cable and early Deadpool.

Edited by revivedrevival

My guess would be supply and demand. There were so many copies of each issue printed in the 90s that it is difficult to find anything from Marvel, Dc, and Image that wasn't hugely overprinted. I still can't get over how much NM 98 brings. The artist was big at the time these came out so they were ordered heavily.

Deadpool number 1 had a print run of over 112,000 issues which is pretty huge by today's standards. Hope that helps.

My thinking is that the X-Force team will have Cable in it. I would grab a few New Mutants 87's now. I would not be surprised to see a cameo of him, or a teaser of him in the new X-Men movie,considering it has to do with time travel and things like that.

94' was a mini-series. High print runs around that time keep prices low.

98' was his first regular series. Those comics are actually SOMEWHAT valuable (depending on the issue, and no where near New Mutants 98 prices). The late 90's kind of had a few lower print run years, so some Marvel comics around then have a bit of value behind them.

It's VERY up and down with the 98' series, at least I've found. But nothing really over $50. It's usually select issues for this run that would go that high. Hard to find just lying around, but not hard to get if you look a bit.

Agreed. the '98 series sells very well as a set. There are nearly no "keys" in that run but considering a 70 issue set will fetch $400-500 on ebay, thats $7/book which compared to all the other 90s-massive print run-$1 books that clog many a long box and storage locker, I think it's a pretty healthy value for a set from that era.

"New mutants 98 is selling for $375 (cgc 9.8).

Can someone please explain why the early Deadpool comics (94 thru 98) are valued so low? "

well, nm 98 is his first appearance

his non-mini regular series has no "key" issues except people like the punisher corss-over toward the end of the series and those go for pretty big bucks all things considered and the later issues do well

overall, the other issues in the series sell for $3-$5 a pop raw, or at least that's what I got when I sold a group of them last year, which is VERY good for comics of this era, quite possibly the most expensive generic run on a mainstream comic out there (putting aside walking dead and maybe the first 1.5 years of Goon and Chew?)...considering 95% of 90s books are 10-50 cent box material....

dunno what they sell for in 9.8 slabs, probably better than most books from that era

so, in other words, i disagree about them being valued "so low", what should they be, $20 a pop?

oops, i guess i posted pretty much what the other guy said.

anyway, i'm always happy when i see a deadpool from the regular 90s series in a $1 or less box (in nice shape) because i know it's an easy profit.

some of the other "low print run 90s" stuff i pick up is not so easy to make money on right now, but i think long/mid-term I'll do ok on them

so, in other words, i disagree about them being valued "so low", what should they be, $20 a pop?

Superior Spiderman 700 sells for $20 NM raw.

Deadpool v1 mini series (94) complete set of 4 sells for $10 NM raw.

With the popularity of Deadpool, I expected it to go for $20 raw each and not for the same price as this month's new Deadpool v4.

That's as clear as mud, isn't it? :grin:

X-Force v1 had really high print counts.

I was able to find a NM+ bagged #1 in the $0.50 bin back in May 2013.

I too have been questioning why the prices haven't increased much considering the latest news.

Especially since X-Force is early Cable and early Deadpool.

You still can. Doesn't X-Force #1 have the 2nd highest print run ever?