• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

The problem with Bedlam is that the violence will turn a lot of people off therefore making it more of a niche book. This makes it tough for the book to take off and is the reason I did not snag more than two copies. Normally I will buy two copies of a new #1 that looks interesting, read it, then go back for more if it sets off my speculative spidey senses.

Day Men actually has the potential for more widespread appeal due to the vamp angle, and the fixers add a human element to the storyline that can be built upon. All they need is Joss Whedon to snap it up and he could do a new show with the Vamps/Fixers vs. Slayers/Watchers. lol

Edited by kimik

Flood? You make it sound like they printed alot. All my local shops sold out first week. No store I know ordered heavy except for Larry and he orders heavy on alot of books because he runs a large volume store.

Actually, a medium volume single storefront account.

12 k minus the variants is 8k regulars by my monkey math.

Reasonable in today's market.

I "still" think the pitch is better than the actual book. ( but we're one issue deep, lots of room to grow)

Fixers that work for Vampires.

Somethings up. I can feel the buzz. Selling WAY too good right now.

Cool stuff,

The largest store in my town had sold out of his Day Men, and I told him to get me a re-ordered copy (we'll see if it's a second print), but he said he felt it would after reading it. This store does a fair amount of volume too, top 10% of Diamond orders at the retailer level. I still think there's a flood of them on ebay, and the price will come down, especially with the lots of 10 being sold. If I had bulk copies of this, you couldn't get me to sell the majority of them quick enough.

Bedlam #1 is seriously one of the best single issues I've ever read. Not sure if the floppies will ever pick up in value, especially since there are so damn many copies of #1 out there, but I'm always buying the Rossmo OA from the first arc. It's a thing of beauty in oversized B&W.

In issue #1, I found Madder Red was The Joker + Deadpool + Nemesis (millar).

The problem with Bedlam is that the violence will turn a lot of people off therefore making it more of a niche book. This makes it tough for the book to take off and is the reason I did not snag more than two copies. Normally I will buy two copies of a new #1 that looks interesting, read it, then go back for more if it sets off my speculative spidey senses.

Day Men actually has the potential for more widespread appeal due to the vamp angle, and the fixers add a human element to the storyline that can be built upon. All they need is Joss Whedon to snap it up and he could do a new show with the Vamps/Fixers vs. Slayers/Watchers. lol

Sounds like Daybreakers (haven't seen, but have wanted to) a little.

And with the "lots of 10" for Day Men hitting the Bay, is it safe to say the bubble has bursted? My LCS owner chuckled, saying he's got 2 boxes of these still...does anyone know the actual print run? I think the Bay is getting flooded.

Then why doesn't this guy list them all for 75% of the average selling price?

Because he wants to make his customers happy?

My LCS today said they are only putting two on the shelf at a time. They caught on early.

I went to a store on monday and bought 9 copies at cover. After I paid they got a rather large stack from the back and put it on the shelf for sale.

Arguably the largest comic book store in Toronto, which is one of the stores that usually sells out first when it comes to hot titles.

The Snail???

I said biggest in Toronto!

Man I love the snail just based on how clean they keep the bathrooms in the back. Also, on monday I saw a guy getting arrested yelling "YOU SHOT NINE TIMES, NINE TIMES" (obviously referring to the recent police street car shoot out) - Toronto is amazing.

And with the "lots of 10" for Day Men hitting the Bay, is it safe to say the bubble has bursted? My LCS owner chuckled, saying he's got 2 boxes of these still...does anyone know the actual print run? I think the Bay is getting flooded.

My LCS today said they are only putting two on the shelf at a time. They caught on early.

I went to a store on monday and bought 9 copies at cover. After I paid they got a rather large stack from the back and put it on the shelf for sale.

Arguably the largest comic book store in Toronto, which is one of the stores that usually sells out first when it comes to hot titles.

The Snail???

Man I love the snail just based on how clean they keep the bathrooms in the back. Also, on monday I saw a guy getting arrested yelling "YOU SHOT NINE TIMES, NINE TIMES" (obviously referring to the recent police street car shoot out) - Toronto is amazing.

No clue what's the biggest in Toronto, just wondering if it was Silver Snail. I've been there once, and it seemed pretty big.

I noticed that while we are all enamored with Day Men which seems worthy of our attention, there are some bargains (at least the way I see it ) on Clone and Todd ( already brought up here yesterday ).

Clone 1 and 2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321175965361?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

or about half counting shipping what Day Men is bringing. I think these will be far bigger books both in the near and distant future.

or how abot Clone 1,2,3,4,5 for the price of Day Men 1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310716863097?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

Is it still "worth it" to get Think Tank and Clone 1's slabbed (assuming 9.8)?

When is it not "worth it" to get #1's slabbed (again, assuming 9.8)?

Ok guys I have a quick question and I know I should post in the Todd: Ugliest Kid discussion area. But I can locate a few of the second print copies of #1 for cover price (only around 4 copies) in a 100 mile radius of location. And some copies of #2 (1st print) for $6.00 each. My question is do you guys think these have some future chance of going up in value know from what I have been reading the second print run for #1 was lower than the 1st print, and #2 was lower than the first issue print run. Do you guys think these prices or good or do you think the book may start to tank like some other hot recent books.

Ok guys I have a quick question and I know I should post in the Todd: Ugliest Kid discussion area. But I can locate a few of the second print copies of #1 for cover price (only around 4 copies) in a 100 mile radius of location. And some copies of #2 (1st print) for $6.00 each. My question is do you guys think these have some future chance of going up in value know from what I have been reading the second print run for #1 was lower than the 1st print, and #2 was lower than the first issue print run. Do you guys think these prices or good or do you think the book may start to tank like some other hot recent books.

I am not the speculation master, but given the # of copies available and the distance you would have to cover, I would pass.

If you want to speculate on these issues, I would check eBay first as prices have come down since the initial announcement.

I noticed that while we are all enamored with Day Men which seems worthy of our attention, there are some bargains (at least the way I see it ) on Clone and Todd ( already brought up here yesterday ).

Clone 1 and 2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321175965361?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

or about half counting shipping what Day Men is bringing. I think these will be far bigger books both in the near and distant future.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310716863097?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

I can't positively answer your 2nd question but I would slab both of the others.

Clone 1 and 2

I can't positively answer your 2nd question but I would slab both of the others.

For the slab, take a look to see raw vs slabbed prices.

My thinking is, time and money put in to slab vs price jump for slabbing. Also, look for growth room.

If an $80 book only goes for $110 currently (even at $130, I might pass) slabbed, then is it really worth it? BUT, if there's a lot of room for price growth, I would consider it.

(i.e. Vengeance of Bane (not much more room for growth, will probably go up steadily here and there over the decades) vs Saga (a lot of room for growth, will probably go up by more here and there over the decades) )

Also, I agree with the above. Unless you have another reason to travel there, 100 miles is pretty far for a couple comics.

Well I can be slightly a little more honest. The place is a hundred miles, they have copies of Todd #2 First print, Amazing 608 black cat cover, and not sure what else its a record shop that also sales comics. Plus there are like 4 more stores in that area. So would not just be a trip just for those two books. Just was wandering what everyone thought the potential for those books would be. Plus if i decided not to go they said they could ship them as well.

Edited by longshot975

Don't slab anything until the CGC gets their mess straight with the defective inner wells causing case indentations and the backs of the slabs to look like .

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6914722

Hmm, I'll have to check the sub I got back a few weeks ago for this.

Wonder if they will have it fixed in-time for WW Chicago on-site. hm

Well I can be slightly a little more honest. The place is a hundred miles, they have copies of Todd #2 First print, Amazing 608 black cat cover, and not sure what else its a record shop that also sales comics. Plus there are like 4 more stores in that area. So would not just be a trip just for those two books. Just was wandering what everyone thought the potential for those books would be. Plus if i decided not to go they said they could ship them as well.

Put it this way, how much money would you need to make to make a 200 mile round trip? What's that, 3-4 hours of driving? Plus $15 in gas? Factor in the additional work to actually sell the books. For me, I'd need to make at least $300 in guaranteed profit.

The Snail???

I honestly don't think I've ever visited a bathroom at a comic shop. lol

The Snail???

I honestly don't think I've ever visited a bathroom at a comic shop. lol

Dude, you have to stay hydrated when you're scalping comics.

hm

Growing up in Michagian, my LCS had a toilet. Living in SD for the past 10 years, the shops have no restrooms..

I think I wouldn't offer a washroom to patrons, discourage people from loitering.

Assuming that many businesses take this stance (which they do), I always wonder, where the hell are you supposed to go to the washroom then when you're out of the house and not at a mall or restaurant?? ?? ??

Or in the suburbs, where there's not a lot of business either??