• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Any particular reason?

This is the description of the comic:

Beneath Gotham City, Catwoman fights for her life! Plus, this issue will make you ask the question “Who is The Joker’s Daughter?”

speculation on the Jokers daughter. Doubt there will be an appearance however, it'll have to be a quick flip.

Hasn't an appearance been confirmed on the last page?

:o didn't know that. I thought they were just gonna be talking about her in the issue as a lead up

Edit: Yup, you're right http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/27/speculator-corner-catwoman-23-spoilers/

Whetteon is amazing. :banana::banana::banana:

Smoke em if you got/get em...Also, #22 sales were 24,737

Larry, any indication if retailers were warned to up their orders like other titles in past?

Yes, details. I use to read your tweets until I was blocked for being more successful on twitter (at least that's what I think happened. hm )

I blocked you the day you repeatedly asked me to list the better shops in my area.

( because of my 23 year old tag line, 11th nicest... )

Annoying.

I only have 3k followers on Twitter, I'm not that interesting, how many do you have?

It must be a-lot more based on your self proclaimed "success"

I don't see any downside to hanging on to anything new 52 Batman indefinately, unless they revamp the series again and start the numbering over.

Is the fear of this keeping Superior Spider-Man from following suit?

Similar print runs, popular character and all that...Slott might not be killing it as much as Snyder, but it's still good.

I don't understand that phenomenon. Even if they do revamp, why would that take value away from the series/issues of value??

I mean, yes, the series will have been rebooted........so what?

It doesn't take away from the quality of the comic.

Someone explain.

I don't see any downside to hanging on to anything new 52 Batman indefinately, until they revamp the series again and start the numbering over.

Fixed.

You think they really would?

I think its hard to resist starting over when a company needs a short term boost in sales. Marvel has OVERdone it ad nauseam in the last ten years. Even Image has been guilty of this. DC has the more stable history but books like Green Arrow and Green Lantern have done several volumes. I don't believe there is a need if sales stay high.

Fixed

If DC are going to have a lot of hot comics out this coming month then does anyone else think it is going to be similar putting up auction listings now from other series/publishers... to say putting up listings at the end of a month (i.e. the week before payday)? I reckon all the flashy covers will take away from the rest of the market this month.

Tempted to skip listing auctions this month and stick to BINs, what with potentially fattened pull lists or plenty of people playing catch up on some of the sold out stuff.

I was expecting Batman Incorporated #1 to sell for $100. But that has not been the case; it's selling for $50.

Batman Incorporated #1 = first appearance of Batcow.

loving that BatCow

2wgyjck.png

love it too! But I do not think that is Bat-Cow's first appearance.

because that book has 4 days left and has already matched the previous high (at least going by sold listings) that it has sold for on ebay.

because there is a low supply of graded copies of that book currently available on ebay.

because this thread is titled "moderns that are heating up on ebay"

because that book has 4 days left and has already matched the previous high (at least going by sold listings) that it has sold for on ebay.

because there is a low supply of graded copies of that book currently available on ebay.

because this thread is titled "moderns that are heating up on ebay"

Take it easy, buddy. Everything you pointed out is correct. I was just asking why he was surprised. This book has been hot for a while.

It's nice to have a progress report on the book, but it heating up is not news/shouldn't be news to anyone.

Edited by awakeintheashes

It sure is a good thing I don't pay any attention to this thread. I picked up 3 copies of Catwoman #23 today at a LCS, 4 more are coming from eBay and I have 5 more on order from a local Vintage Stock store. :shy:

Here's what I want to know is it going to keep going up...and it's not 3d.....

It should have major value because

1) new potentially cool character with more then just a Cameo first appearance...

2) Tiny print run

3) major speculator interest

I think right now it's at 12 dollars....but I think I'm gonna hold onto half of mine cause this could go up up and away....course my luck is basically 'bedlam' on picking comics....