• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Just picked this up. I placed a bid didnt think I would have won it

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=400557997051

I was watching that one too. I picked up a nice raw about a week ago so I'm going to submit that one for grading. And I just won a Todd #1 2nd printing on eBay for 99 cents. :)

Just picked this up. I placed a bid didnt think I would have won it

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=400557997051

I was watching that one too. I picked up a nice raw about a week ago so I'm going to submit that one for grading. And I just won a Todd #1 2nd printing on eBay for 99 cents. :)

Good luck with your sub, I was thinking about doing the same but with eBay you never know. I'll take a 9.6 any day. I know it's not a 9.8 but 9.8s go for a little too much

Marvel Chromium Cover Spider-Man #2 CGC Graded 9.8 Signed by Stan Lee

Ended: Sep 08, 2013 19:07:56 PDT

Winning bid:US $545.00

[ 31 bids ]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141054932704&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:US:3160

:o That Lee sig is wicked expensive. I need me a "yellow Lee sig" on something for my collection. hm now what shall it be?

Marvel Chromium Cover Spider-Man #2 CGC Graded 9.8 Signed by Stan Lee

Ended: Sep 08, 2013 19:07:56 PDT

Winning bid:US $545.00

[ 31 bids ]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141054932704&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:US:3160

:o That Lee sig is wicked expensive. I need me a "yellow Lee sig" on something for my collection. hm now what shall it be?

Sheldon Cooper: I think I'll get Stan Lee to sign this month's issue of Batman.

Leonard Hofstadter: That's insane. Stan Lee had nothing to do with Batman.

Sheldon Cooper: Exactly. That way, I'll have a unique albeit confusing collector's item that will put me above the hoi polloi of comic book fandom.

Hello there! New here as well and very thankful to have found this thread. I was reading through some of the past pages and it had some really good stuff. I think another reason for the huge popularity spike in Joker's Daughter is that some people think it might be the same as Nyx #3 with Wolverine's daughter. I don't know much about Marvel, but that's just what I think of the whole situation.

the problem with that is nyx 3 had no hype prior to release, it took some time for people to realize the importance of the issue. a better comparision may be to Daken. Wolverine's son was highly anticipated and then no one cared. if not for that rare variant of his first appearance collectors still wouldnt care.

And that's a shame, since Daken is an infinitely more interesting character than X-23 (and moreso than most Marvel characters for that matter, when he's written properly).

Hello there! New here as well and very thankful to have found this thread. I was reading through some of the past pages and it had some really good stuff. I think another reason for the huge popularity spike in Joker's Daughter is that some people think it might be the same as Nyx #3 with Wolverine's daughter. I don't know much about Marvel, but that's just what I think of the whole situation.

X-23 is actually a clone, not a daughter.

(not trying to be a smartass).

Looks like numbers on NYX #3 were 40,000. Not tiny, but not huge. Joker's Daughter will most likely have double that number.

Looks like numbers on NYX #3 were 40,000. Not tiny, but not huge. Joker's Daughter will most likely have double that number.

Not necessarily true, the July count for Catwoman #22 was 24,737 and it appears #23 went under the radar for most retailers. So the few that over ordered likely didn't make up an additional 56k. 2c

Not necessarily true, the July count for Catwoman #22 was 24,737 and it appears #23 went under the radar for most retailers. So the few that over ordered likely didn't make up an additional 56k. 2c

Hmm, I should have probably checked those numbers for the DC stuff. haha.

Thanks.

Catwoman #23 was low key and under the radar just like the Batgirl and Catwoman #13 die-cut covers were for the Death of the Family run. Batman #13 die-cut was everywhere, but the four stores I talked to locally here only ordered 2 - 10 extra copies for the shelves on those two. It looks like it was the same story for Catwoman #23 - I was able to snag 3 copies between 4 stores on the afternoon of release, but that was it.