• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Yup - it's Just Ryan. Classy guy & seller

lol , I sent the wrong link . That's what I get for drinking and buying comics all day. My Todd 9.6 ended at 50 lol

I can vouch that Ryan is a great seller. I've brought many a book from him. As a matter of fact you linked to the auction that I won from him. lol.

BTW, let me also say thanks for all the wonderful advice I've picked up here. I've been out of collecting books for about 20 years due to school and family but I'm now back with a vengenance. Nine long boxes in 9 months. Luckily, I've got an understanding better half. lol.

9 long-boxes. That's the length of FIVE football fields.

I just ordered some...what are the chances that It'll get cancelled or something dumb? I haven't heard the best about dynamic forces

No clue. That was my first "almost" order with them.

Jimmy Pastrami has nothing but bad stuff to say about them, cancellations like that, and what not.

I noticed that Midtown is out of Skyward #1

Westfield Comics has some and I just bought some Catwoman 23 for cover. This was about 10 minutes ago so I think they might still have some left

Are these heating up again? I just purchased Skyward in Seattle on the weekend. :acclaim:

I just ordered some...what are the chances that It'll get cancelled or something dumb? I haven't heard the best about dynamic forces

No clue. That was my first "almost" order with them.

Jimmy Pastrami has nothing but bad stuff to say about them, cancellations like that, and what not.

I had a pre order with them Bedlam cgc 9.8's and a few other modern 9.8's...after 6 months when the book was out I tried to get in contact with them as others had received the books. Still don't have em and don't want em now... they are a circus.

You might get them next year. I just got a shipping invoice for half of an order I placed in February. Top class service!

Yup - it's Just Ryan. Classy guy & seller

lol , I sent the wrong link . That's what I get for drinking and buying comics all day. My Todd 9.6 ended at 50 lol

I can vouch that Ryan is a great seller. I've brought many a book from him. As a matter of fact you linked to the auction that I won from him. lol.

BTW, let me also say thanks for all the wonderful advice I've picked up here. I've been out of collecting books for about 20 years due to school and family but I'm now back with a vengenance. Nine long boxes in 9 months. Luckily, I've got an understanding better half. lol.

9 long-boxes. That's the length of FIVE football fields.

Hmmmm.... don't know how it could be that big but by long box I sort of equate 2 short Drawer boxes to one long box so got a stack of 9 short Drawer boxes on top of each other plus a miscellaneous long box to hold comics I haven't cataloged or filed yet with the need for some more Drawer boxes.

All I know is this hobby is probably like crack (never used it) so can only draw a hypothetical analogy. lol. I'm constantly looking for new books 24/7.

Deadpool #11 NM- even and it's already $18+? And I seen past sells as $20? WTH? hm

It's because it's "Gem WOW!"

It could be the issue that 2 different people have been looking for forever to complete their run ? lol

Negative. I looked at the Ebay past sales and found multiple copies all getting $20+. This is obviously something... Not sure why though.

Deadpool #11 NM- even and it's already $18+? And I seen past sells as $20? WTH? hm

It could be the issue that 2 different people have been looking for forever to complete their run ? lol

Negative. I looked at the Ebay past sales and found multiple copies all getting $20+. This is obviously something... Not sure why though.

I sold a copy of Deadpool #11 for something like $35 + shipping a little while back. It's just one of the books from that run that people want to own.

'Locke & Key' Movie Gets New Writer, Alex Kurtzman Says

"I believe in it so much, and I believe in Joe Hill," Kurtzman said of the "Locke & Key" movie. "All I want is to make that movie."

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/09/10/locke-key-movie-new-writer/

Awesome sauce!

I sold a copy of Deadpool #11 for something like $35 + shipping a little while back. It's just one of the books from that run that people want to own.

Ah. Well that makes some sense. Sort of like how Amazing Spider-Man 601,607 & 608 are the bee's knees for some.

That deadpool 11 has been a solid $15-$30 for years. Mostly because it's an Amazing Fantasy #15 homage, and probably one of the weirdest Deadpool stories ever.

doh! I just saw it now over at Lyria Exchange. Didn't know this had been a long term thing.

Carry on, nothing to see here. :shy:

I noticed that Midtown is out of Skyward #1

Westfield Comics has some and I just bought some Catwoman 23 for cover. This was about 10 minutes ago so I think they might still have some left

Are these heating up again? :acclaim:

nope

Graphite variants of issue one have sold close to 100 or more on Ebay so I would say the comic has value, regular cover is dead, not sure about this one though.

photo_zpsde46f81a.jpg

That deadpool 11 has been a solid $15-$30 for years. Mostly because it's an Amazing Fantasy #15 homage, and probably one of the weirdest Deadpool stories ever.

#11 has always been hard to find in the wild

The graphite variants are from 2 years ago

The sales are recent tho.

Right, but the rest of my sentence indicated that those aren't books you are easily going to find. The SDCC and first prints are the books you have a decent chance of stumbling upon in your lcs or odd online store, but they aren't selling.