• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

This just happened. hm

ebay

Wow...I wonder what it will be by this time next week?...

Books that were hot last week like Ventriloquist just seem to get hotter.

Edited by awakeintheashes

This just happened. hm

ebay

When a bunch of these start drying up who knows? I was going to say 35 but clearly it'll go higher than that mark.

This just happened. hm

ebay

When a bunch of these start drying up who knows? I was going to say 35 but clearly it'll go higher than that mark.

That's music to my ears. I picked up about 18 of the DC 3D books just this week (some dupes) and I'm waiting to see what happens on eBay before I decide to list some of them.

Remember when the new 52 started? Detective comics, animal man and swamp thing were the hottest books commanding prices upwards of $25. Today only detective comics out of this group gets over that price. You could have bought batman, nightwing for under $10. Heck I bought a few lots of batman 1 and 4 for .99. Nightwing 1 took a while to even go over $5.

Wait til everything settles down (perhaps after all the 3d has come out) we'll see prices leveling out to meet the real demands.

Remember when the new 52 started? Detective comics, animal man and swamp thing were the hottest books commanding prices upwards of $25. Today only detective comics out of this group gets over that price. You could have bought batman, nightwing for under $10. Heck I bought a few lots of batman 1 and 4 for .99. Nightwing 1 took a while to even go over $5.

Wait til everything settles down (perhaps after all the 3d has come out) we'll see prices leveling out to meet the real demands.

Batman took off in popularity after the Court of Owls storyline was introduced. Issues #4,#5,#6 & #8 have had multiple printings that sold out. Batman #6 has sold for $35 for a first print copy. Any of the Batman #1's five printings are hard to find with the 2nd-5th prints fetching $15-$20 a piece. That story arc improved the whole Batman & Robin ( Nightwing) mythos.

I heard a rumor at a LCS yesterday that after Infinity Marvel might be relaunching books again from #1. This came from one of the guys working there. Has anyone else heard this?

i'd have a hard time believing that.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like anything Marvel would do.... lol

I heard a rumor at a LCS yesterday that after Infinity Marvel might be relaunching books again from #1. This came from one of the guys working there. Has anyone else heard this?

Ooooooooohhhh, read that as "Marvel might be relaunching Infinity at #1", and thought you were making a joke. hhahahah, could you imagine?!?!?!

Ooooooooohhhh, read that as "Marvel might be relaunching Infinity at #1", and thought you were making a joke. hhahahah, could you imagine?!?!?!

http://icv2.com/articles/markets/26673.html

This just happened. hm

ebay

Picked up 1 Lobo and 2 Count Vertigo yesterday.

I'm thinking prices will shoot up. Consider this:

MANY stores are short shipped, and as a result, allowing only one copy per customer, and in some cases, allocating books, as they don't even have enough for regular subscriptions (ie. my guy got 30/30 for his Batman, but only 3/7 for his Aquaman).

IF, someone only gets one copy, they are probably more likely to keep it, ESPECIALLY since it's a very cool cover/unique/special. These covers are more "keepers" than many variants and/or "hot" books (ie. yes it would be nice to keep Saga #1, but the story is readily available to read, Image firsts , 5 printings, etc.) Someone's probably more willing to sell that than a 3D cover, where much of the intrinsic value is held by the cover technology.

BUT, wonder if the 2nd print 3D versions will kill this notion?? Probably.

With the huge availability of trade paperbacks, collected editions, digital comics, etc etc, is finding a jumping on point really an issue nowadays?? ?? ?? ???

REALLY not that hard to go back, find the comics from the last five years from ANY of those sources, and start reading (or ten years, or fifty years...).

This just happened. hm

ebay

MANY stores are short shipped, and as a result, allowing only one copy per customer, and in some cases, allocating books, as they don't even have enough for regular subscriptions (ie. my guy got 30/30 for his Batman, but only 3/7 for his Aquaman).

IF, someone only gets one copy, they are probably more likely to keep it, ESPECIALLY since it's a very cool cover/unique/special. These covers are more "keepers" than many variants and/or "hot" books (ie. yes it would be nice to keep Saga #1, but the story is readily available to read, Image firsts , 5 printings, etc.) Someone's probably more willing to sell that than a 3D cover, where much of the intrinsic value is held by the cover technology.

I don't think the second print will totally kill these. It's only available as a full set and many dealers are not ordering big on it. I don't think a lot of collectors will order it because most want first prints. The registry guys will need it so you will probably see quite a few second prints slabbed. This would be a fun registry set to chase because of the potential for uber high grades and the limited variant.

This just happened. hm

ebay

I don't think the second print will totally kill these. It's only available as a full set and many dealers are not ordering big on it. I don't think a lot of collectors will order it because most want first prints. The registry guys will need it so you will probably see quite a few second prints slabbed. This would be a fun registry set to chase because of the potential for uber high grades and the limited variant.

Ooo, the esclusively a set thing throws a monkey wrench into it.

So ya, I think most dealers would probably buy only one, or two MAX, since they wouldn't want the Harley Quinn's et al. cherrypicked, and then get left with the equivalent of the Marvel Legends 15th version of Captain America or Iron Man.

But who knows. I don't collect DC, so I don't know if people are just buying them as well for the coolness factor, regardless of which character it is.

Myself, I'm buying for the CF, and also to sell extras at some point.

there are a bunch of books that would ordinarily rate highly here....but I think everyone's pocket books are exhausted by the 3d bucks...

Some of those titan books might really explode once things calm down with the 3d covers...

numbercruncher

chronos commandos

Ballistic

hit

infinity

great stuff but mostly seem to be ignored by the market...

(thumbs u chronos commandos!

I buy a lot of DC in terms of bat titles and most vertigo titles. But, did not partake in the 3-d hype. During the reboot, bought one each of all the titles and went all in on justice league, detective and batman which equates to about 250 each. I wished justice league would fetch the same amount or even half of what tec and bat have been getting.

The next issue to speculate on ...... And you all know this since everyone on here are professional speculators is, of course, tec 27

Batman took off in popularity after the Court of Owls storyline was introduced. Issues #4,#5,#6 & #8 have had multiple printings that sold out. Batman #6 has sold for $35 for a first print copy. Any of the Batman #1's five printings are hard to find with the 2nd-5th prints fetching $15-$20 a piece. That story arc improved the whole Batman & Robin ( Nightwing) mythos.

Exactly. Even the New 52 Batman Annual 1 has hit as high as $20 on eBay as well. Quality and print to order = price increases.

What a joke. So I take it I should dump all of my Marvel Now titles before the All New #1s come out one year later? I guess this is Marvels new way of making $$$ - release #1s for everything each year.