• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I heard a rumor at a LCS yesterday that after Infinity Marvel might be relaunching books again from #1. This came from one of the guys working there. Has anyone else heard this?

Ooooooooohhhh, read that as "Marvel might be relaunching Infinity at #1", and thought you were making a joke. hhahahah, could you imagine?!?!?!

http://icv2.com/articles/markets/26673.html

What a joke. So I take it I should dump all of my Marvel Now titles before the All New #1s come out one year later? I guess this is Marvels new way of making $$$ - release #1s for everything each year.

Besides hawkeye, daredevil and superior spiderman I have been very disappointed in marvel and will not buy into the new marvel now. Maybe the new improved marvel now...

Remember when the new 52 started? Detective comics, animal man and swamp thing were the hottest books commanding prices upwards of $25. Today only detective comics out of this group gets over that price. You could have bought batman, nightwing for under $10. Heck I bought a few lots of batman 1 and 4 for .99. Nightwing 1 took a while to even go over $5.

Wait til everything settles down (perhaps after all the 3d has come out) we'll see prices leveling out to meet the real demands.

Batman took off in popularity after the Court of Owls storyline was introduced. Issues #4,#5,#6 & #8 have had multiple printings that sold out. Batman #6 has sold for $35 for a first print copy. Any of the Batman #1's five printings are hard to find with the 2nd-5th prints fetching $15-$20 a piece. That story arc improved the whole Batman & Robin ( Nightwing) mythos.

Exactly. Even the New 52 Batman Annual 1 has hit as high as $20 on eBay as well. Quality and print to order = price increases.

I didnt believe you about Batman Annual 1. Saw a couple hit 24.99 with $5.00 shipping. Crazy.

Also didnt know it was the New 52 1st app of Mr. Freeze.

The next issue to speculate on ...... And you all know this since everyone on here are professional speculators is, of course, tec 27

I like a certain amount of symmetry in my life, so I'm with you on this (thumbs u

I heard a rumor at a LCS yesterday that after Infinity Marvel might be relaunching books again from #1. This came from one of the guys working there. Has anyone else heard this?

Ooooooooohhhh, read that as "Marvel might be relaunching Infinity at #1", and thought you were making a joke. hhahahah, could you imagine?!?!?!

What a joke. So I take it I should dump all of my Marvel Now titles before the All New #1s come out one year later? I guess this is Marvels new way of making $$$ - release #1s for everything each year.

Are you kidding me? A book only makes it to issue 24 before they reboot the numbering again?

Besides hawkeye, daredevil and superior spiderman I have been very disappointed in marvel and will not buy into the new marvel now. Maybe the new improved marvel now...

There's good titles in there, it's just with the reboots, they change creative teams, etc, so it's kind of a dice role in terms of liking the next incarnation of the book or not (quality of it, as well as stylistic preferences, etc).

For myself, too, I have so much to read that I'm behind on, sometimes I can't even get to a title before it reboots, then I have no clue if I should continue getting it, dump it, etc.

there are a bunch of books that would ordinarily rate highly here....but I think everyone's pocket books are exhausted by the 3d bucks...

Some of those titan books might really explode once things calm down with the 3d covers...

numbercruncher

chronos commandos

Ballistic

hit

infinity

great stuff but mostly seem to be ignored by the market...

(thumbs u chronos commandos!

All still available on their website........

The next issue to speculate on ...... And you all know this since everyone on here are professional speculators is, of course, tec 27

I like a certain amount of symmetry in my life, so I'm with you on this (thumbs u

I got the rare over sized variant.:)

Remember when the new 52 started? Detective comics, animal man and swamp thing were the hottest books commanding prices upwards of $25. Today only detective comics out of this group gets over that price. You could have bought batman, nightwing for under $10. Heck I bought a few lots of batman 1 and 4 for .99. Nightwing 1 took a while to even go over $5.

Wait til everything settles down (perhaps after all the 3d has come out) we'll see prices leveling out to meet the real demands.

Batman took off in popularity after the Court of Owls storyline was introduced. Issues #4,#5,#6 & #8 have had multiple printings that sold out. Batman #6 has sold for $35 for a first print copy. Any of the Batman #1's five printings are hard to find with the 2nd-5th prints fetching $15-$20 a piece. That story arc improved the whole Batman & Robin ( Nightwing) mythos.

Exactly. Even the New 52 Batman Annual 1 has hit as high as $20 on eBay as well. Quality and print to order = price increases.

I didnt believe you about Batman Annual 1. Saw a couple hit 24.99 with $5.00 shipping. Crazy.

Also didnt know it was the New 52 1st app of Mr. Freeze.

It is a great "origin" story that gives some more background to Mr. Freeze. I hope that Snyder does a Batman vs. Mr. Freeze arc soon.

there are a bunch of books that would ordinarily rate highly here....but I think everyone's pocket books are exhausted by the 3d bucks...

Some of those titan books might really explode once things calm down with the 3d covers...

numbercruncher

chronos commandos

Ballistic

hit

infinity

great stuff but mostly seem to be ignored by the market...

(thumbs u chronos commandos!

All still available on their website........

I'm surprised Ballistic isn't a bigger hit than it is. Great concept, story, and art imho with a lot of positive word of mouth (reviews ) and a small print run. Its missing one ingredient, demand. Sometimes there is not a good reason why stuff does or doesn't become a hit.

If this stuff last, it might take the more traditional path of growing an audience amd thereby creating value...or not lol

Marvel could just come out and say that every book is a 12 issue mini-series that will span one year and go from there to appease the readers, but it would kill sales as the speculators would not come out to play......