• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

:hi: I watched the Robocop trailer (just to see it) and I'm not a fan. I'm sure there are plenty like me, thus I support the notion that views do not translate into solid interest or a good investment.

ALSO:

East of West RRP is heating up even FURTHER. over $200 for a raw recently.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EAST-OF-WEST-1-DIAMOND-SUMMIT-RETAILER-VARIANT-COVER-COMIC-BOOK-NEW-1-RARE-/290974328461?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43bf6be68d

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09/16/when-diamonds-olive-branch-broke/

am I the only one that is less worried about the article and more worried about how she's treating the comic books?

Ticks me off when the LCS new guy does that.

+1

I am amazed at how many people think the comic shop is there own private library. I see people read 4 or 5 comics sometimes. Put them on the shelf and walk out without buying anything. They typically seem to mess up the ones they read so the LCS loses twice. The first guy read for free the second guy won't buy a poorly handled book. Its the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture. :(

am I the only one that is less worried about the article and more worried about how she's treating the comic books?

+1

I am amazed at how many people think the comic shop is there own private library. I see people read 4 or 5 comics sometimes. Put them on the shelf and walk out without buying anything. They typically seem to mess up the ones they read so the LCS loses twice. The first guy read for free the second guy won't buy a poorly handled book. Its the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture. :(

Or the :censored: that has to look thru every copy to find a perfect one while you are patiently waiting just to get a copy because he is thumbing thru them all.

My luck he probably is a boardie here. lol

Ive seen worse in WV and Virginia in small shops that I bet don't exist anymore.

One shop in AL is at a flea market out in the heat. Guy opens up twice a week for new comics plus weekends. Great shop, nice guys, but its out in the storage locker in the heat all day and night. I am sure it takes its toll on the books.

Edited by Fastballspecial

seriously though I have been there when they open the boxes from diamond and they stuff a rare variant in there with the others to get dinged up...who wants a dinged up variant...not a guy who is a reader and doesn't care about the condition...it's the out and out collector...

Rule of thumb, diamond, if the comic is fair market value over 20 bucks it has to have a back and board...

anyone have any news on these film adaptations?

wild blue yonder

mobile police patlabor

queen and country

also with josh brolin and spike lee remaking oldboy is it not surprising that first editions of the series have not seen a significant increase in value?

:hi: I watched the Robocop trailer (just to see it) and I'm not a fan. I'm sure there are plenty like me, thus I support the notion that views do not translate into solid interest or a good investment.

ALSO:

East of West RRP is heating up even FURTHER. over $200 for a raw recently.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EAST-OF-WEST-1-DIAMOND-SUMMIT-RETAILER-VARIANT-COVER-COMIC-BOOK-NEW-1-RARE-/290974328461?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43bf6be68d

It's clearly the best cover as well!

+1

Can't agree more. Either buy it, or move on. They also LOVE blocking the way so one can't get to the racks.

Like, flip through it if you want to see what it's about, but do it CAREFULLY, and don't actually read the whole friggin thing (plus they usually smell awful :P

ACtually, one place at the mall hear I used to go to a lot, there was this one guy who would come in, and he would read issues, and every now and then he'd read a line or two, OUT LOUD, in a dramatic voice, with lots of emotion. It was so ridiculous/hilarious. Like, how are you NOT supposed to laugh at that. You bite your cheek, etc, but man..... And the guy was always alone, not like he was doing this for friends or something.

ALTHOUGH, not sure if he may of had a SLIGHT mental condition. Nothing super obvious, but there had to be a little bit of something. And in a borderline case like that, you don't want to laugh when someone who has a handicap does something, but at the same time, if it's just a regular guy being a weirdo, it's fair game.

Ya, there's all kinds in shops. And for some reason, I find a lot of the nerdy shoppers ALWAYS tend to talk SO loud, yell to each other, make a big spectale, etc. Very annoying.

+1

Or the :censored: that has to look thru every copy to find a perfect one while you are patiently waiting just to get a copy because he is thumbing thru them all.

My luck he probably is a boardie here. lol

NO HE'S NOT!........

:whistle:

I will do that, but I make sure to handle all of them with the utmost care (half of them usally have dings anyway), and I don't take hours to do it, maybe 30 seconds. Usually grab 5 or 6 copies at a time, and look through those, leaving the rest up for grabs.

seriously though I have been there when they open the boxes from diamond and they stuff a rare variant in there with the others to get dinged up...who wants a dinged up variant...not a guy who is a reader and doesn't care about the condition...it's the out and out collector...

Rule of thumb, diamond, if the comic is fair market value over 20 bucks it has to have a back and board...

EVERY comic should have a bag and board :grin:

Even for the stuff I buy just to read (and collect, but not for monetary gain) ~90% of my stuff, I like keeping it nice. Why would I want a mangled comic?

I would venture a guess a reader only buyer that is buying a brand new book would have an issue with it all bent up or dinged up. I would cause even stuff I read I take good care of it.

+ 5 Billion, Fancy Duck!