• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
69 69

63,908 posts in this topic

High prices are a Combination of Joker's Daughter 1st full appearance and people already seeing the allocation problems and worrying they won't be able to complete their set next week.

Once next week ends I think Catwoman 23 will spike.

Edited by krighton

High prices are a Combination of Joker's Daughter 1st full appearance and people already seeing the allocation problems and worrying they won't be able to complete their set next week.

This is my way of thinking and is why I held onto a few Catwoman 23s instead of unloading all as fast as I could.

This is my way of thinking and is why I held onto a few Catwoman 23s instead of unloading all as fast as I could.

Does anyone know how to find out what percentage of Catwoman 23 are newsstand editions?

we, the boards, are dealers and buy low, always, and sell high, always. collectors pay what they want, price does not matter to collectors.

Yes, we on the boards are geniuses. No boardie ever pays too much or sells for too little. It's only the suckers out there in the general public.

We are also all winning poker players.

we, the boards, are dealers and buy low, always, and sell high, always. collectors pay what they want, price does not matter to collectors.

Yes, we on the boards are geniuses. No boardie ever pays too much or sells for too little. It's only the suckers out there in the general public.

I sense just a tad bit of sarcasm in there..... lol

:signfunny:

That comment is taken out of context. The point was that nobody here would buy a high dollar auction when the same item could be had for less on a BIN.

On another note, we are buying new comics as cheap as most brick and mortar comic shops when you are gettin books at 35% to 50% off with no overhead. Its kind of hard to screw that up . lol

:signfunny:

That comment is taken out of context. The point was that nobody here would buy a high dollar auction when the same item could be had for less on a BIN.

I was just saying that everyone here buys a comic with the intention, maybe subconsciously, of selling it later. collectors buy with no intention of selling it.

Yup, I'm glad I dumped a bunch of Saga 1s for $5-$6 a pop last year before it tanked.....

My business partner Richard Emms is the writer. This is now the best selling Ardenn book ever. Some have pointed to the similarities in the endings to Mythopolis 1 and The Wake1 but this was actually out first.

Wo wo ow.... spoiler alert......to the 3,000 people who have a copy.

where did you find the sales data?

Haha, sorry, I didn't, was just making a quick joke.

so Joker's Daughter is going bonkers on ebay......not seeing the logic of Catwoman 23 not gaining a ton of heat.

I've been thinking the same thing. Catwoman 23 is bringing 2 to 3 times cover. Not to shabby for a fairly new book. I think these 2will get closer to each other in price as time goes by. I'm not sure if that means 23 goes up or 3D comes down or both.

It's because for Catwoman 23, they have all the issues ordered availble to subscribers and stores, whereas the 3D cover is limited, allocated, short-shipped, etc etc.

That's my take on it.

Yup, I'm glad I dumped a bunch of Saga 1s for $5-$6 a pop last year before it tanked.....

Hahahaha not exactly a perfect move but if you bought a lot at 35-50 % off, you still won...kind of..I sold 7 TWD #1s for around $100. Stuff happens lol

Sales in general, hasn't been very good on eBay. The economy isn't anywhere close to robust as many is led to believe. People are very cautious about spending. Just an opinion

not for me...things have really picked up lately...50 percent better?

Me either my problem is finding time to pack up sales and time to list more.

Diversity.....

I agree. I have thousands of comics to list on eBay but can't seem to get past the 1,300 mark. Not enough hours in the day.....

I can usually handle about 5 in a day before I get bored and want to go do something else.

+1 same problem I have. It does get redundant after awhile.

Its called GETTING HIGH.

Jesus, some people just don't understand the Comic Book Rain Man.

Winners_Dont_Use_Drugs.png

Am I missing something on Green Arrow 23.1 3D (Count Vertigo)??

I found two at one shop last week, just on the shelves (a week after it came out), and then today I found one at another store on the shelves (two weeks later).

Is this one some sort of pariah, or am I just lucky? (not that it's selling huge or anything though).

Does anyone know how to find out what percentage of Catwoman 23 are newsstand editions?

Was thinking the same thing today. Couldnt' get a single newstand at about 8 different shops and found three NM today at Barnes & Noble. WHY didn't I think of looking there from the start!

Am I missing something on Green Arrow 23.1 3D (Count Vertigo)??

I found two at one shop last week, just on the shelves (a week after it came out), and then today I found one at another store on the shelves (two weeks later).

Is this one some sort of pariah, or am I just lucky? (not that it's selling huge or anything though).

I would call it lucky. The artist on that book is rocking and i think its one of the best looking covers out so far. Green Arrow really picked up with issue 17 and has been really good since imho

Was thinking the same thing today. Couldnt' get a single newstand at about 8 different shops and found three NM today at Barnes & Noble. WHY didn't I think of looking there from the start!

Is there a sizable market for newsstand issues ?

Is there a sizable market for newsstand issues ?

Newsstands are often more difficult to find especially in high grade.

Since there's not much talk, question (something I've been thinking about):

1-I've wondered about this scenario for a while, if it ever happens.

2-I've wondered about peoples opinions of it (if it does go on, or if it were to happen).

3-Is it ethical or unethical? Fair game or slimy undercutting?

Scenario:

Store X keeps up with what's hot, what's selling, ebay prices, while Store Y isn't as current, comics become back issues in 4-5 months (or sell out before then) and stay at cover price, back issues priced accordingly and prices dont' change often.

Store X owner/employees will go to Store Y, and pick up new issues that they've sold out of at their store (which are hot/go for more than cover, etc.) for cover, then sell for current hot prices at their own store. Store X will also pick up back issues from Store Y for cheaper when they see that their is a price raise, and sell for current prices.

Discuss.

Since there's not much talk, question (something I've been thinking about):

1-I've wondered about this scenario for a while, if it ever happens.

2-I've wondered about peoples opinions of it (if it does go on, or if it were to happen).

3-Is it ethical or unethical? Fair game or slimy undercutting?

Scenario:

Store X keeps up with what's hot, what's selling, ebay prices, while Store Y isn't as current, comics become back issues in 4-5 months (or sell out before then) and stay at cover price, back issues priced accordingly and prices dont' change often.

Store X owner/employees will go to Store Y, and pick up new issues that they've sold out of at their store (which are hot/go for more than cover, etc.) for cover, then sell for current hot prices at their own store. Store X will also pick up back issues from Store Y for cheaper when they see that their is a price raise, and sell for current prices.

Discuss.

Fair Game.