• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,838 posts in this topic

I'd say Rat Queens 1:10 is pretty hot right now.

The $20 doesn't cover the 10 copies you'd have to buy to get it.

Thats why I'm still holding.

$6 pre-order from DCBS.

Was wondering about this. Have seen retail from $5 - $11 over here on pre-order.

I think they limited them to one copy though. Can't remember. I got only one.

I'd say Rat Queens 1:10 is pretty hot right now.

The $20 doesn't cover the 10 copies you'd have to buy to get it.

Thats why I'm still holding.

Excellent rationalization.

My miles vary in the UK, seems to be doing better over here. Only 15 on .com right now so IMHO one to watch.

I sold one for £24.95 couple of days after release & have seen them go since for around the £18 mark with one listed as high as £34.95

I shall be sitting on my other copies for a while as reckon this could go up more with time

Edited by Simon Talktoofast

Armorines Vol 1 #0 (the first issue) had a print run of 250,000. Armorines Vol 2 #4 had a print run of 2,200. And those 2,200 copies were not well preserved in the Valiant-Bust years. Most of the Armorines Vol 2 books I've been able to find in the wild look like Jimmy Olsen books from the silver age, condition wise.

:eek:

I think its a good pick, for potential heat - I just saw it selling for $20 day of release. 2c

It's at least as good as Skullkickers.

WHA-WHA-WHA??!!!

Way better IMHO.

I was referring to investment potential. :grin:

Looks sketch

Not really. That first bidder entered a maximum bid first of 500 bucks. Only his lowest leading bid was initially shown at the time. All of his bids that came after are the result of the second bidder continuing to attempt to outbid the first. He only increased his bid a little each time in trying to find the first bidders high bid, and didn't reach it until he bid over $500.

It probably happened like this:

Kid grabs Hulk 180. "Wow, who's this character at the end. Looks neato???"

Kid grabs Hulk 181. "Wow, this new character's awesome, and the story is great. Hey everyone, get Hulk 181, its awesome!"

Next Kids: "Wow, this Hulk 181, IS great! Wolverine is the man!"

And then it snowballs from there. Demand for 181 probably shot up, as people wanted it for the story, not so much the 1st appearance aspect. No reprints, trade paperbacks, digital comics to get the story from. Things then get buried in the past, then resurface 38 years later on some chat board.

This is not what happened. Wolverine...and the X-Men...were essentially ignored until 1978. Wolverine himself was almost written out of the X-Men, until John Byrne saved him.

Kid grabs Hulk 181. "Wow, this new character's awesome, and the story is great. Hey everyone, get Hulk 181, its awesome!"

And then it snowballs from there. Demand for 181 probably shot up, as people wanted it for the story, not so much the 1st appearance aspect. No reprints, trade paperbacks, digital comics to get the story from. Things then get buried in the past, then resurface 38 years later on some chat board.

This is not what happened. Wolverine...and the X-Men...were essentially ignored until 1978. Wolverine himself was almost written out of the X-Men, until John Byrne saved him.

Truth.

Well, I mean, the scenario I laid out could also have happened once he got popular after 1978. I was saying more that the 181 could have been the bigger one after a bit simply because people were picking it up based on that story vs the 180 story.

This is all just theories on my part, though. Brainstorming out loud. Does anyone actually know the turning point, or when the 181 got bigger/why it got bigger? Like, anyone who's a bit older, and would remember the dynamics at the time (similar to the story that Amadeus laid out).