• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,836 posts in this topic

Poison Ivy 3d looks to be another strong one. CGC 9.8 @ $36 with 10 minutes to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350886068059?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649

How so? $28 to slab. $39 sale price...I'm not seeing the heat.

because modern slabs sell for $15-20

Why bother getting them graded if you're losing money on them then???

i know right?

Poison Ivy 3d looks to be another strong one. CGC 9.8 @ $36 with 10 minutes to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350886068059?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649

i know right?

I will never understand the logic of taking a comic right off the shelf, sending it in for slabbing (with the additional $10 for Fast Track) just to try to flip it immediately. You don't even know if the heat will last long enough to be able to cover the investment.

Cover price + shipping to Florida or convention admission price for dropoff + slabbing fees + Fast Track + return shipping + eBay and Paypal fees = not much profit.

I'm guessing most people are sending in 50 books with a pre-screen of 9.8? In that case you totally waste shipping costs.

i know right?

I will never understand the logic of taking a comic right off the shelf, sending it in for slabbing (with the additional $10 for Fast Track) just to try to flip it immediately. You don't even know if the heat will last long enough to be able to cover the investment.

Cover price + shipping to Florida or convention admission price for dropoff + slabbing fees + Fast Track + return shipping + eBay and Paypal fees = not much profit.

I'm guessing most people are sending in 50 books with a pre-screen of 9.8? In that case you totally waste shipping costs.

(thumbs u

i know right?

It used to be that you could make a little money, $5-10, on new slabs or at least break even.

It used to be that you could make a little money, $5-10, on new slabs or at least break even.

But what about the time value of money? Is it really worth the effort if you're only making $5-10?

Honestly, I recognize that I'm being curmudgeonly because I'm frustrated by the long turnaround times I face for books I actually want slabbed, while I see pre-sale auctions for 9.8 books that came out last Wednesday. In most cases, anyone has a good chance of picking up their own 9.8-worthy copy if they'd just go to the comic shop. I get that there's a premium attached to slabbed books, but come on, we've just seen that much of it is illusory after you factor the costs of slabbing. It's not a good thing to get $40 for a $10 comic if you had to spend $30 to get it. Just sell it raw and be done with it.

Oh yeah, the intent was to try for a 10.0 and sell it for a zillion billion. :eyeroll:

But what about the time value of money? Is it really worth the effort if you're only making $5-10?

Honestly, I recognize that I'm being curmudgeonly because I'm frustrated by the long turnaround times I face for books I actually want slabbed, while I see pre-sale auctions for 9.8 books that came out last Wednesday. In most cases, anyone has a good chance of picking up their own 9.8-worthy copy if they'd just go to the comic shop. I get that there's a premium attached to slabbed books, but come on, we've just seen that much of it is illusory after you factor the costs of slabbing. It's not a good thing to get $40 for a $10 comic if you had to spend $30 to get it. Just sell it raw and be done with it.

Oh yeah, the intent was to try for a 10.0 and sell it for a zillion billion. :eyeroll:

So, someone honest think they will find 10.0 books after Diamond abuse, shipping damage, the lobster claw of LCS employee.

not much of an effort. lots get comics online shipped. about 1/2 hour to fill out an invoice, another 1/2 to ship, wait, make at the least $5 x 30 books for around 1-2 hours of non work.

I don't think I ever laughed as hard as when I read mocking dead #2....I'm expecting big things from that comic...

You know when the zombie invasion actually happens, this comic will be worth booku bucks ( or kat food rations, whatever )

not much of an effort. lots get comics online shipped. about 1/2 hour to fill out an invoice, another 1/2 to ship, wait, make at the least $5 x 30 books for around 1-2 hours of non work.

9.6s are a loss that dig into the gains and must be calculated and cost factored into the 9.8s. Getting all 9.8 grades takes luck and skill. Not everyone will be making the same money.

150 dollars in profit with the initial investment being how much?

9.6s are a loss that dig into the gains and must be calculated and cost factored into the 9.8s. Getting all 9.8 grades takes luck and skill. Not everyone will be making the same money.

true.

150 dollars in profit with the initial investment being how much?

to some, 30x28.00(or 18 for non fast track, just slabbing) others less or no initial investment at all

Edited by youmechoose

the lobster claw giant ham hands of LCS employee.

This made me lol and cringe at the same time. You would think owners would train their employees how to handle comics.

Had to change that slightly. Some of these mutton heads grab the comics like they're going to fly away if they don't hold on tightly with a death grip. Never seen anything like it. I wanted to punch out the cashier at the LCS.....it's not a piece of pizza you're cramming into your craw bro....it's a bunch of paper that can be easily damaged with your careless sausage digits!

the lobster claw of LCS employee.

This made me lol and cringe at the same time. You would think owners would train their employees how to handle comics.

You'd think CGC employees would learn better, too. I've seen them do the same :eek:

Have we establish that Joker's Daughter is still Duela. In the story 23.4 she has been referred to as Duela. IF this is the case, Batman Family 6 will start to see some more momentum.

Isn't the Duela from Batman Family 6 the daughter of Harvey Dent? This Duela does not appear to be his daughter.

I asked the same question. Her name is Duela, but she is not Duela Dent. The story I was told is that they have shown her family background in one of the early appearances and she is not a Dent.