• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

It was over 100 last year/ early 2013

perfect example of how you can tell how new someone is to the modern game. sold my 9.8ss last year for $250 i believe.

A lot of the formerly scorching hot 2012 Image #1s have plateaued and pulled back now, with some totally sewering (e.g. Revival) after the TV/Movie/etc. speculative peak passed. It will be interesting to see how they hold up longer term.

True. However, MP and Saga were both scorching without without any of that hype. Imagine if they did. :ohnoez:

perfect example of how you can tell how new someone is to the modern game. sold my 9.8ss last year for $250 i believe.

The only MP1s that sold for $250 were double signed and sketched.

A lot of the formerly scorching hot 2012 Image #1s have plateaued and pulled back now, with some totally sewering (e.g. Revival) after the TV/Movie/etc. speculative peak passed. It will be interesting to see how they hold up longer term.

True. However, MP and Saga were both scorching without without any of that hype. Imagine if they did. :ohnoez:

Both have pulled back from the highs, though, with MP falling further. The beginning of this year was great for making $$$ with moderns. The only run that I have had pass the early 2013 peak is New 52 Batman. While BINs were being hit at $199.99 for Saga #1-7?8? back then, now you can land the entire run to date for well less than that.

2012 books > 2013 books for image and money making

i dont think 2014 will be much better. cats outta the bag fellas

For the month it lasted, the DC 3D covers were a great gold mine. lol

For the month it lasted, the DC 3D covers were a great gold mine. lol

I walked into a Hastings book store today and they still have a few DC 3D cover books on the shelf for cover price. Just proves your point on how quickly they died....

Luckily there are more bags and more cats...and many of those cats have been around the block a few decades. If you're looking to make money, that's what you need to know.

Edited by awakeintheashes

The only MP1s that sold for $250 were double signed and sketched.

must have been $200 then. it was double signed at heroes thanks to godofthunder. or maybe $100, or $180? i think? mess...

Edited by youmechoose

I saw some 3ds on the shelf for cover at a couple stores this weekend.

That may have been the quickest I've seen the market go from hysteria to I don't give a damn in all my years collecting.

Edited by Flatliner1313

I saw some 3ds on the shelf for cover at a couple stores this weekend.

That may have been the quickest I've seen the market go from hysteria to I don't give a damn in all my years collecting.

There were 3 very large factors that drove this book. Perceived scarcity was the first and once the numbers came out on most of these, they just weren't that short printed. The second and probably bigger driver was the Joker's daughter book which a lot of people just didn't like and i think most of us ended up agreeing it will not be considered her 1st full appearance. Lastly, the covers were and are awesome and for that reason alone, they will always hold some value over the average comic imho.