• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Just got back from my LCS.. they had the Campbell cover for $29.99! So of course I picked it up!

Now, do I sell or hold? hm

I passed on the $50 tag my LCS had. Sigh.

I called my LCS to see if they had a Superior Spider-Man #20 Campbell variant. He told me he had to order 100 copies of the regular issue to get the variant. He didn't.

In the retailers defense:

There are about two dozen or more ordering incentives per week.

tough to keep track of em all...

Every Spider-Man book that Campbell has done the cover for has ALWAYS been $$$$$. Look around for yourself. ASM 500, 601, 606, 607, 648, 688 and 700, as well as the v2 30-35, and the Ultimate Spider-Man 150 and 152 are all valuable books, especially graded 9.8. For those of you wondering if you should sell or flip, look on the bay for a copy of 648 and tell me you should sell anytime soon. I have my 2 copies that i managed to get today, and i assure you they are not going anywhere anytime soon, except to florida and back.

Just got back from my LCS.. they had the Campbell cover for $29.99! So of course I picked it up!

I called my LCS to see if they had a Superior Spider-Man #20 Campbell variant. He told me he had to order 100 copies of the regular issue to get the variant. He didn't.

You don't have to defend the LCS as I completely agree. There's no way he could make money having to buy 100 copies of that issue. No way they would have all sold (not around here anyway). That's why I underlined 100 copies.

You don't have to defend the LCS as I completely agree. There's no way he could make money having to buy 100 copies of that issue. No way they would have all sold (not around here anyway). That's why I underlined 100 copies.

Of course he could have..

Being conservative:

100 copies cost $200

Let's say he sells 38: $152

Sell you a 1:50 to build loyalty for $39

Fill the fifty cent bins: $31

sell one on eBay in a week for $125 minus fee's $100

He just bought a weekend of fried food.

Every Spider-Man book that Campbell has done the cover for has ALWAYS been $$$$$. Look around for yourself. ASM 500, 601, 606, 607, 648, 688 and 700, as well as the v2 30-35, and the Ultimate Spider-Man 150 and 152 are all valuable books, especially graded 9.8. For those of you wondering if you should sell or flip, look on the bay for a copy of 648 and tell me you should sell anytime soon. I have my 2 copies that i managed to get today, and i assure you they are not going anywhere anytime soon, except to florida and back.

Wow ASM 648 9.4 for $550?!?!?!?!

Wow ASM 648 9.4 for $550?!?!?!?!

Maybe original art eh?

You forgot about Amazing Spiderman Vol.2 #52 AKA #493 + #53 AKA #494. Cambell also another nice Black Cat Variant that no one really talks about, it's Amazing Spiderman #612. He also has a really nice Psylocke Variant which is Uncanny X-Men #510. That Variant that sells pretty good too.

You forgot about Amazing Spiderman Vol.2 #52 AKA #493 + #53 AKA #494. Cambell also another nice Black Cat Variant that no one really talks about, it's Amazing Spiderman #612. He also has a really nice Psylocke Variant which is Uncanny X-Men #510. That Variant that sells pretty good too.

I always pick up 52 and 53 for cheap.....eventually those will get higher....but for now you can grab them in the $1 bins!

And 612 is Black Cat by McGuinness not Campbell. Getting harder to find though.

I think that's just a function of "1st to market"

There are still copies of #1 sitting in the rack at my LCS.

There were a lot here but almost all of them had ink stains/smears on the spine of the book. I ordered some from Midtown and they were high 9s with very little in the flaw department.

There were a lot here but almost all of them had ink stains/smears on the spine of the book. I ordered some from Midtown and they were high 9s with very little in the flaw department.

That should tell you something as well. If a book is great it wont matter people will want to buy it to read. People arent passing on that book because of the ink stain/smears on the copies.

That should tell you something as well. If a book is great it wont matter people will want to buy it to read. People arent passing on that book because of the ink stain/smears on the copies.

I did.