• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I hope you guys have good luck on Alias. It was a pretty good series.

Arrested Development was nothing if not great ( I haven't seen the Netflix stuff ) and I thought it was a cult hit. Immediately popular ? Maybe not, but it definitely has staying power. 2c

+1

Arrested Development Seasons 1-3 was fantastic and was most definitely a cult hit. It could never be mainstream b/c unfortunately the general public is dumb like sand. A lot of the humor "slipped" through the cracks. I was devastated by how disappointing the Netflix season turned out. The song "Afternoon Delight" will forever bring a smile to my face thanks to that show.

Dumb like sand ? That gave me a belly laugh. Please don't forget that "Afternoon Delight" is popular not only on TV but it's also one of the greatest scenes in Anchorman lol

Arrested Development was nothing if not great ( I haven't seen the Netflix stuff ) and I thought it was a cult hit. Immediately popular ? Maybe not, but it definitely has staying power. 2c

+1

Arrested Development Seasons 1-3 was fantastic and was most definitely a cult hit. It could never be mainstream b/c unfortunately the general public is dumb like sand. A lot of the humor "slipped" through the cracks. I was devastated by how disappointing the Netflix season turned out. The song "Afternoon Delight" will forever bring a smile to my face thanks to that show.

Dumb like sand ? That gave me a belly laugh. Please don't forget that "Afternoon Delight" is popular not only on TV but it's also one of the greatest scenes in Anchorman lol

"I love Scotch"

+1

"I love Scotch"

I love lamp!

I got 2 copies of the Herobear Annual on the cheap figuring it couldn't hurt, so I am also interested to see if the price picks up. I just don't think it's gonna blow up because it's only a misprint of a page, not like they slipped a curse word into a kid's book or something along those lines. We'll see though, I got mine about $2 a piece, so I'm not sweating it.

Are you trying to say the Marvel Eminem variant is drek?

tisk tisk

How is that kids comic about the bear with the misprinted pages doing on the secondary market?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141104589336?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

$2.50 each cost. hm

Edited by Jimmy Linguiniii

Are you trying to say the Marvel Eminem variant is drek?

tisk tisk

How is that kids comic about the bear with the misprinted pages doing on the secondary market?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141104589336?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

$2.50 each cost. hm

Also, here is another point to how that particular book is "doing"

http://www.recalledcomics.com/PhonogramTheSinglesClub5Recalled.php

notice, that book was recalled for a dumber reason than a wrong price / missing page recall and still sells for $16 - $35.

+1

"I love Scotch"

I love lamp!

Ow Now Brown Cow.

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan.

Pat

I think Arrested Development has been the exception to the netflix rule. House of Crads was amazing and I've only heard good things about Orange is the New Black. Netflix has a chance to become HBO Jr.

House of Cards was very good, and I usually don't like political shows

Netflix has a chance to become HBO Jr.

Netflix has more subscribers than HBO, in the US anyway. I assume you were talking in terms of content quality though.

Yup. They already have the eyes. They just need to keep them.

I think Arrested Development has been the exception to the netflix rule. House of Crads was amazing and I've only heard good things about Orange is the New Black. Netflix has a chance to become HBO Jr.

House of Cards was very good, and I usually don't like political shows

The original British version was awesome.

Netflix has a chance to become HBO Jr.

Netflix has more subscribers than HBO, in the US anyway. I assume you were talking in terms of content quality though.

If you do some digging through financial statements, you'll find out there's actually very little content NFLX owns. They license it, and it's not their property. Unlike Game of Thrones, which is entirely owned by HBO. And using GOT again, their 24 million or whatever viewers is pretty significant considering NFXL won't publish individual show numbers.

I would like to know how many NFLX users are exclusive House of Card viewers? Probably nowhere near Game of Thrones. Nflx has a brilliant business model for consumers, terrible for business. And when that 6 billion in content off-balance sheet liabilities become realized, you better (the consumer) have an alternative to NFLX in mind. ;)

I don't buy it.

Look at arrested development, all interest in the series was lost after the first new season dropped on Netflix.

I don't see Alias having too much of a bump up because of this new Netflix deal. 2c

One of the biggest disappointments in TV history for me. Netflix Arrested Development was like watching Willie Mays play for the Mets. My eyes began to bleed.

Thats the main reason I don't think it will have an effect on the books, netflix doesn't make the best business choices.

Thats the main reason I would like to steer clear of Netflix hype.

They did sign a contract with Disney which was a good decision especially after losing their contract with starz.