• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Agreed, about mycomicshop at least. The auctions always go way higher than you can get elsewhere. I always wondered why. Not too familiar with Mile High though, haven't really heard anything goood about them, only bad, so I have kept my distance and looked elsewhere

What's up Kap with some battlefield 4

Agreed, about mycomicshop at least. The auctions always go way higher than you can get elsewhere. I always wondered why. Not too familiar with Mile High though, haven't really heard anything goood about them, only bad, so I have kept my distance and looked elsewhere

I've never understood why a seller would list via an auction, instead of a BIN (with maybe BO offer). You take all price risk out of the equation. There are the exceptions, on iconic books, but that's extremely few-and-far-between.

I've never understood why a seller would list via an auction, instead of a BIN (with maybe BO offer). You take all price risk out of the equation. There are the exceptions, on iconic books, but that's extremely few-and-far-between.

Because BINs don't get nearly the same amount of traffic as auctions

I've been listing only Buy It now items in my eBay store with a Best Offer option for 2-3 years now. No auctions because i had been burned a few times. But the last month on eBay has been so dead, even with me listing a bunch of new comics in my store, that I resorted to listing 63 items in auctions (which all end tonight). And it's working. I've gotten bids on many items that would still be sitting in my store otherwise. I won't get what I would normally want on some of the books but at least I'm getting some sales this way. Right now, something is better than nothing.

I've been listing only Buy It now items in my eBay store with a Best Offer option for 2-3 years now. No auctions because i had been burned a few times. But the last month on eBay has been so dead, even with me listing a bunch of new comics in my store, that I resorted to listing 63 items in auctions (which all end tonight). And it's working. I've gotten bids on many items that would still be sitting in my store otherwise. I won't get what I would normally want on some of the books but at least I'm getting some sales this way. Right now, something is better than nothing.

+1

Yeah, it seems to be a buyer's market right now. I buy heavy almost every winter. Auctions are the majority of the stuff I buy and look at on ebay. Its just a tough time to sell and compete with the big screen TVs, new game consoles, and tablets.

I wonder why it went $75 higher on that site?

Completely different audience. Ebay is NOT the best place to auction books IMHO

+1

I don't know what has happened as of recent but it looks like BIN is the way to go.

Its been that way for a very long time I think. Unless its a very high demand book auctions are for dumping and very very established long time sellers like maybe zilaf.(I do know a few sellers that hit home runs on auctions consistently, but they are exception not the rule.) The time of year used to matter with conventions, but they are pretty much going year round now.

I am sure someone will come in and argue with me, but numbers dont lie.

Comic sellers who use to do 99cent auctions have stopped doing it! I think that in itself proves your point.

+1

I don't know what has happened as of recent but it looks like BIN is the way to go.

Its been that way for a very long time I think. Unless its a very high demand book auctions are for dumping and very very established long time sellers like maybe zilaf.(I do know a few sellers that hit home runs on auctions consistently, but they are exception not the rule.) The time of year used to matter with conventions, but they are pretty much going year round now.

Comic sellers who use to do 99cent auctions have stopped doing it! I think that in itself proves your point.

I did a few .99 auctions last week.

Current comic sets:

One sold for .99

The other for $1.29 :o

.99 no more :sorry:

+1

i stopped doing .99 for single issues and lots. no point. you will only get the .99 cent buyers that way. i realized that if i put a realistic price i want, it will sell eventually. but there are still sellers that do .99 auctions doh!

Edited by youmechoose

Can someone PM with mycomicshop auction advice for sellers? I'm not sure the process/fees/etc

I agree 100% regarding BIN being the way to go on eBay. I throw in a best offer most times because I tricked myself into thinking that more people look at BIN/obos than straight BINs even though I have zero factual evidence

Hope the shop here still has piles of these. Hate how it's the one that's most out of the way.

Can someone PM with mycomicshop auction advice for sellers? I'm not sure the process/fees/etc

I agree 100% regarding BIN being the way to go on eBay. I throw in a best offer most times because I tricked myself into thinking that more people look at BIN/obos than straight BINs even though I have zero factual evidence

Brad, you can PM me, or call me at 512-240-2802 if you have any questions. There's a lot of info here: mycomicshop consignment info

Fees are:

10% for sales up to $300, minimum $5 per item

8% for sales $300-3000

6% sales over $3000

No listing fees or any other costs to you.

You can list either as fixed price or in our monthly auction. Commissions are the same for both formats. If fixed price, you control your pricing. Items you list as fixed price are listed simultaneously on our web site and our eBay store. The eBay listings are free to you--we cover the listing fees, and we bump the eBay price up just enough to cancel out the final value fee if it sells on eBay.

We only do auctions on our own site, none on eBay. Auctions are indeed riskier than fixed price, but in general stuff in our auctions gets a strong percentage of market price/GPA/retail compared to other auction venues. As others have noted, we have a sizable customer base of buyers that use us but don't look at eBay very often, so sometimes auction prices on our site can go higher than on eBay. Raw books do well through us, because buyers know us and like our grading, versus you listing them yourself on eBay, where buyers tend to distrust the grading from unknown eBay sellers.

The process is:

- You enter the books you want to consign on our web site (our web site tells you which are eligible for consignment based on expected value)

- You start a new consignment transaction and ship us the books.

- We scan everything, grade any raw books, and file them to inventory.

- As soon as they're filed, we email you. You then use a page on our web site to set prices or assign to auction. You can later change prices, or shift a fixed price book into the next auction, at any time.

- We issue payment for most books within about 10 days of the sale, and can either mail you a check or pay via PayPal.

how is this cool on this thread....

Brad, you can PM me, or call me at 512-240-2802 if you have any questions. There's a lot of info here: mycomicshop consignment info

Fees are:

8% for sales $300-3000

6% sales over $3000

You can list either as fixed price or in our monthly auction. Commissions are the same for both formats. If fixed price, you control your pricing. Items you list as fixed price are listed simultaneously on our web site and our eBay store. The eBay listings are free to you--we cover the listing fees, and we bump the eBay price up just enough to cancel out the final value fee if it sells on eBay.

We only do auctions on our own site, none on eBay. Auctions are indeed riskier than fixed price, but in general stuff in our auctions gets a strong percentage of market price/GPA/retail compared to other auction venues. As others have noted, we have a sizable customer base of buyers that use us but don't look at eBay very often, so sometimes auction prices on our site can go higher than on eBay. Raw books do well through us, because buyers know us and like our grading, versus you listing them yourself on eBay, where buyers tend to distrust the grading from unknown eBay sellers.

The process is:

- You enter the books you want to consign on our web site (our web site tells you which are eligible for consignment based on expected value)

- As soon as they're filed, we email you. You then use a page on our web site to set prices or assign to auction. You can later change prices, or shift a fixed price book into the next auction, at any time.

- We issue payment for most books within about 10 days of the sale, and can either mail you a check or pay via PayPal.

I do not think it's cool for you to advertise your service on this thread

how is this cool on this thread....

Fees are:

8% for sales $300-3000

6% sales over $3000

The process is:

I do not think it's cool for you to advertise your service on this thread

I don't know how cool it is but I'm happy to see anybody make an attempt to compete with ebay. The fees are close but there appears to be a lot less time involved in dealing with MCS. The thread title advertises ebay so I see no harm in pointing out something that might be helpful to us.