• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming....

I'm always surprised at these Adventure Time convention Variants.

They sell for double on ebay what they cost at conventions, and the book is total drek children stoner hipster stuff.

Not hating, just surprised.

I'm watching yesterday's episode of Comic Book Men. A few Preacher raw copies are sitting on the shelf. Someone drive to NJ quick.

That was filmed months ago.

I'm sure those guys caught on right away and jacked up the prices.

I'm watching yesterday's episode of Comic Book Men. A few Preacher raw copies are sitting on the shelf. Someone drive to NJ quick.

I don't know about months ago. EoW #7 was in the background. But also in the same episode the most annoying one didn't have his forearm tattoo that he got a few episodes ago.

I don't know about months ago. EoW #7 was in the background. But also in the same episode the most annoying one didn't have his forearm tattoo that he got a few episodes ago.

lol @ the most annoying one. So true. I wonder if those guys are on this site.

All give you this. You got large :censored: to advertise a raw book as a 9.8.

Not really, it IS a 9.8 - hands down. :sumo:

Actually, you are now at the mercey of the buyer on eBay. Listing a specific number grade, instead of a nm/mint grade range opinion, leaves it up to the buyer now to agree or not, especially if you don't have a disclaimer about condition on your auction being only opinion and not fact. eBay will not allow a number grade to be fact unless from a third party item. Not trying to be negative, but I have been over this with eBay.

Nonsense - whether you put 9.8 or NM/M in the listing doesn't matter.

Not according to eBay. Go tell them it's nonsense.

And about that whole condition disclaimer thing? You know ... this one:

SELLER IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL 3RD PARTY COMIC GRADER. COMIC BOOK GRADING IS A WIDE RANGING OPINION FROM ONE PERSON TO THE NEXT. ALTHOUGH SELLER HAS YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND POSITVE FEEDBACK BASED ON THE QUALITY AND ACCURACY OF COMIC GRADING, THE GRADE ASSIGNED TO THE ITEM(S) LISTED IS ONLY AN OPINION FROM THE SELLER, IN ORDER TO ASSIST YOU, THE BUYER, IN MAKING AN EDUCATED PURCHASE.

not worth the time it took to type it out :thumbsup:

Actually, was worth $600.00 recently when eBay found in my favor because I have that disclaimer, which they had previously recommended I have due to a buyers remorse case I ended up winning, but hey, your the expert so.... .

:doh:

If you list a book as "NM" on eBay and the buyer, upon receipt of the book, disagrees with the grade, having a nonsense disclaimer like the one I pulled from your eBay auctions above won't do jack squat. If you think otherwise, you're mistaken.

Let me guess - you also believe that just because you specify "No returns" in your eBay listings, a buyer can't return a book? :lol:

Did you even read what I just wrote? eBay found in my favor because of the disclaimer. This isn't a debate, it's what happened. doh!

And I say it's absolute nonsense :thumbsup:

Wow. Classy.

Okay, so then eBay will do either then. It seems it's case-by-case.

It can clearly go either way, since we have an instance of each case.

I actually hope they are. Maybe it will make them understand just how lame that whole series is. I watched a few episodes from Season 1 and it was so bad I just quit watching it altogether. And I had high hopes for it too....

I actually hope they are. Maybe it will make them understand just how lame that whole series is. I watched a few episodes from Season 1 and it was so bad I just quit watching it altogether. And I had high hopes for it too....

Yea I stopped watching it after last season. Funny though I caught last weeks episode right when the guy came in and was selling the #14 ASM & #122 ASM, and the kid wanted $3000 for both. lol What a joke.... Then the "clerk" (no pun intended) gave him $300 for both. lol What a rip off. Serves that kid right for not selling on eBay. lol

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming....

I'm always surprised at these Adventure Time convention Variants.

They sell for double on ebay what they cost at conventions, and the book is total drek children stoner hipster stuff.

Not hating, just surprised.

1-The series is pretty funny, but I do agree that it is kind of hipster-ish, "it's cool to be nerdy" type stuff. The cartoon is pretty hilarious/ridiculous as well.

2-Aren't you into reading Bodie Troll and My Little Pony and that sort of stuff??? Or is it just for speculation??? I ask because you seem to mention those type of kids books a lot.

O, were they all being jerks except Ming???

Were they ULTRA-lowballing people after hyping an item?

Did they get there "unbiased, third-party" expert in to help estimate the "real" value of it.

First Cambpell Variant in awhile to NOT have a half nude women on the cover and still bring in the dollars - Superior Spider-Man #22 1:50 Variant already @ $51. :ohnoez:

not a very good cover either.

Yeah, I didn't care for it. I prefer the Superior Spider-Man #20 variant. Sexy definately has its appeal. (shrug)

Honestly, the only reason I watch it is to see what comics and toys they bring in.

Walt and Bryan are just nerds who feel they have a bit of power because they pick on Ming, who is clearly the smarter, cooler, and nicer one of the bunch. And Mike has not said ANYTHING in this season.

I think it's funny, two, that people sell to them. It's TOTALLY just to get on TV. Why else would someone sell an item that they could get $100 on eBay or Kijiji for, for $35???

Honestly, the only reason I watch it is to see what comics and toys they bring in.

Walt and Bryan are just nerds who feel they have a bit of power because they pick on Ming, who is clearly the smarter, cooler, and nicer one of the bunch. And Mike has not said ANYTHING in this season.

I think it's funny, two, that people sell to them. It's TOTALLY just to get on TV. Why else would someone sell an item that they could get $100 on eBay or Kijiji for, for $35???

I really doubt they are actually selling the item. I was in a few TV shows like that. One of them was Million Dollar Listing. Someone on the street was selling their house and on the show someone rents it from them. In reality it was their next door neighbor pretending to rent it just to make it seem like the real estate agent actually was a hot shot.

Edited by Taco

I'm not sure why people sell to any LCS but they do and most are happy to get a little beer money. There is an LCS near me and the guy occasionally gets amazing stuff for peanuts. Last time I was in there, he had a stack of golden age books that he didn't know anything about. It turns out, there was a VF+ copy of Weird Tales of the Future #1, he thought it was #52 because it had that on the cover (that was the year year it was printed :-) I bought that and three others from him for more than he paid for the 15 or so books he had so he was happy, I left very happy too. :devil:

It's always been that way with the LCS, now collectors have other options to sell but the LCS offers the quick cash, and there's always a premium for cash.

I'm not sure why people sell to any LCS but they do and most are happy to get a little beer money. There is an LCS near me and the guy occasionally gets amazing stuff for peanuts. Last time I was in there, he had a stack of golden age books that he didn't know anything about. It turns out, there was a VF+ copy of Weird Tales of the Future #1, he thought it was #52 because it had that on the cover (that was the year year it was printed :-) I bought that and three others from him for more than he paid for the 15 or so books he had so he was happy, I left very happy too. :devil:

It's always been that way with the LCS, now collectors have other options to sell but the LCS offers the quick cash, and there's always a premium for cash.

I see that it is beneficial in some cases. Large items being one, it's probably not as worth it to ship, and some cheaper items. But I've seen some items, where their loosing so much. And especially when it's a very rare item that you know could get much more money.

I really doubt they are actually selling the item. I was in a few TV shows like that. One of them was Million Dollar Listing. Someone on the street was selling their house and on the show someone rents it from them. In reality it was their next door neighbor pretending to rent it just to make it seem like the real estate agent actually was a hot shot.

Except they advertise for sale the stuff they have bought on their show during their podcasts.

It's simple - common books sell for a discount here on the boards, eBay, Kijiji, etc., and even then most sit for a long time before moving. I am happy to break even or turn a smaller profit by selling off the common GA/SA/BA/CA books to my file LCS. They can turn them over fast, and I can keep my cash moving into more collections (and accumulate more keys for shows and/or my personal collection (thumbs u ).