• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

So looking for everyones opinion on why Harley Quinn books are so hot.

I get they are 20 years old and everyone wants early appearances

but what has caused this spike in demand this year and record sales prices?

Does everyone think Harley Quinn should be the most valuable new character of the 1990's ?

Harley Quinn by far is one of biggest cosplay outfits at cons, so I would say very popular.

As I haven't read her before, is she actually an interesting character, or is it just the cosplay/fans think she's hot thing?

Does everyone think Harley Quinn should be the most valuable new character of the 1990's ?

Harley Quinn by far is one of biggest cosplay outfits at cons, so I would say very popular.

As I haven't read her before, is she actually an interesting character, or is it just the cosplay/fans think she's hot thing?

The character has potential, but unfortunately, it is rarely achieved. I think it is interesting the character has gotten hot after the big change in the character's look in the 52 universe. Early clown Harley looks nothing like the current jail bait Harley. Maybe the Sailor Moon fans are what are driving this? :roflmao:

Just so everyone is clear, I like Harley. I just find it funny (ironic) the character got hot after this new look was introduced.

Edited by rjrjr

The character has potential, but unfortunately, it is rarely achieved. I think it is interesting the character has gotten hot after the big change in the character's look in the 52 universe. Early clown Harley looks nothing like the current jail bait Harley. Maybe the Sailor Moon fans are what are driving this? :roflmao:

Just so everyone is clear, I like Harley. I just find it funny (ironic) the character got hot after this new look was introduced.

It depends who is writing her. Her character is hiliarious when written by the right writers. She was great in Gotham City Sirens, anything written by Paul Dini, and Gail Simone. Her character in all Batman/Gotham/Robin Adventures was just hilarious. You cant help, but like her.

Now when she switched over to the real DCU she is harder I think to portray well. Sirens did a pretty good job with her and I think one of her better portrayals.

Edited by Fastballspecial

It depends who is writing her. Her character is hiliarious when written by the right writers. She was great in Gotham City Sirens, anything written by Paul Dini, and Gail Simone. Her character in all Batman/Gotham/Robin Adventures was just hilarious. You cant help, but like her.

Now when she switched over to the real DCU she is harder I think to portray well. Sirens did a pretty good job with her and I think one of her better portrayals.

I haven't read a lot of her stuff but I thought she was pretty cool in Injustice Gods Among Us.

Anybody catch the upcoming Black Widow (Campbell) variant? For a Campbell variant, it is somewhat lacking (compared to SUP SPM 20). Thoughts?

Meck

Where can i see an image?

I think this might be it.

blackwidow1campbellsketch.jpg

source: Newsarama

Wow, glad I preordered this, just had a good feeling

Seems to be a healthy amount of interest in this issue:

No, there doesn't.

lol

I only mentioned it because it got 27 hits in the first day. Most of the moderns I list don't do that in a week. ;)