• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

The last issue of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Archie series.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-ADVENTURES-72-TMNT-Archie-Hard-to-FindLAST-ISSUE-/350953239258?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51b67172da

Is this book "really" worth $50.00?

It does look like there aren't many on eBay.

The last issue of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Archie series.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-ADVENTURES-72-TMNT-Archie-Hard-to-FindLAST-ISSUE-/350953239258?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51b67172da

Is this book "really" worth $50.00?

There's another one available for $39.99, also not selling. eBay asking prices are meaningless - get your data from completed listings that have actually sold.

There's another one available for $39.99, also not selling. eBay asking prices are meaningless - get your data from completed listings that have actually sold.

What he said, 99.9% of BIN prices on EVERYTHING on ebay are junk. Always look at sold listings.

While it's not a $50 book (or a $40 book), I bet you could sell it for $25 pretty easily.

Comics from the mid-to-late-90s had ridiculously small print runs. (Even compared with today.)

For those collectors who are completists, finding some of those books (last few issues of series, especially) are getting to be difficult and more expensive.

Look at the Silver Surfer. Common issues in the 70s-100s can be found in the dollar bins. The last few issues (143-146) all sell regularly at $5-$12 each.

I noticed Death Sentence 2 didn't last long online or the shelf. It was out at Midtown the day it came out.

Sucks. Like, he picked up the Saga at one of the stores, but couldn't find extra Death Sentences. Guess I'll have to read it online somewhere.

Can't help but notice that one Ebayer has sold 35 copies of Escape from Jesus Island #1 Phantom Variant for $11.99.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Escape-from-Jesus-Island-1-Phantom-Variant-/181283445058?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a3555d942

That's a Pretty good start...

The book releases Friday.

Clive Barker:

"May I recommend a comic by writer Shawn French and artist Mortimer Glum. It's called Escape From Jesus Island, and it has been created with immense love, commitment and vision. It's almost like seeing a hyper-intense Italian movie for the first time: your mind will be blown."

I've probably sold 20 copies of TMNT adventures 72 over the years and I've never gotten lower than $40 for even beat up copies. I think the most I ever got was $80 for a raw NM. (all online sales). Those last few issues are impossible in high grade. I just got a 70,71,and 72 cgc'd 9.8 and they are the only copies in that grade. I will be consigning them with mCS and putting some pretty aggressive prices on them. I'll report back if anything gets a bite. But yeah, TMNT Adventures 72 has certainly been a $50+ book in higher grade for a while. Those last few issues have very low print runs, and you combine that with the fact that cartoon books get sold to children more often than not (back then anyway), and you have some rare in high grade TMNT books.

While it's not a $50 book (or a $40 book), I bet you could sell it for $25 pretty easily.

Comics from the mid-to-late-90s had ridiculously small print runs. (Even compared with today.)

For those collectors who are completists, finding some of those books (last few issues of series, especially) are getting to be difficult and more expensive.

Look at the Silver Surfer. Common issues in the 70s-100s can be found in the dollar bins. The last few issues (143-146) all sell regularly at $5-$12 each.

Those last few issues have very low print runs, and you combine that with the fact that cartoon books get sold to children more often than not (back then anyway), and you have some rare in high grade TMNT books.

I find the children factor is big in this type of situation. Stuff like Sonic the Hedgehog, Adventure Time, etc. I wonder what the percentage is of damaged/thrown-out comics for titles like this???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNCHARTED-1-2-3-4-5-6-1st-print-COMIC-BOOK-set-DC-ps3-playstation-Rare-Complete-/131068110821?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e8444a7e5#ht_2407wt_676

Complete sets of the Uncharted mini are still selling very well. I thnk better than last year even when I sold a couple of sets.

Can't help but notice that one Ebayer has sold 35 copies of Escape from Jesus Island #1 Phantom Variant for $11.99.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Escape-from-Jesus-Island-1-Phantom-Variant-/181283445058?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a3555d942

That's a Pretty good start...

The book releases Friday.

Clive Barker:

"May I recommend a comic by writer Shawn French and artist Mortimer Glum. It's called Escape From Jesus Island, and it has been created with immense love, commitment and vision. It's almost like seeing a hyper-intense Italian movie for the first time: your mind will be blown."

I have 10 copies to pick up tomorrow. I cannot wait to get this book.