• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I love when I'm right about a book. Sex Criminals was not one of those books. lol

I completely whiffed initially by thinking gimmicky but now a 4th print is doing this at auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sex-Criminals-1-4th-Print-Photo-Variant-Cover-Image-Matt-Fraction-Chip-Zdarsky-/201018152546?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ecd9d9662

I know its only a spark but I'm ready for a fire to hit the market again and the positive press and creatively funny covers are giving this one a head start. :applause:

Hopefully it catches fire so I can sell mine!

Pat

Suddenly burned through the rest of my Ottley Variant Manifest Destiny #1 at $9.85 plus shipping.

This book picked up steam suddenly.

3rd Issue just hit the stands. Must be picking up new readers from word of mouth?

It's been fantastic so far

I just sold one for $25. I will be listing more a little later tonight.

Wow.. nice sale, some people are gonna get caught holding the bag on this one. Even if the book is a hit. When does a 4th print ever sell for that much more than a first.

I think its awesome that people are interested and would almost always agree about the 4th print except this cover is goofy and funny. It may stick and I have a feeling that the 1st print will pick up some steam because of all of the publicity.

Wow.. nice sale, some people are gonna get caught holding the bag on this one. Even if the book is a hit. When does a 4th print ever sell for that much more than a first.

You are correct, but its more then just that lately. The rationale of some sellers just doesn't make sense anymore..

So 3 sell for $15 each while dozens sell for cover. So I know let me jack the price to $25. Lets just fleece them.

You are correct, but its more then just that lately. The rationale of some sellers just doesn't make sense anymore..

So 3 sell for $15 each while dozens sell for cover. So I know let me jack the price to $25. Lets just fleece them.

Its confusing, yes.

But I still think for the next two weeks its going to be a $10 - $15+ book.

I'm probably going to hold onto a bunch and do that entire SS drawn into mouths thing. Because Chip and Matt are cool guys and I'm pretty sure that was the idea they had when coming up with the cover.

Based on this morning's 'news'.. what do you think will happen to the Superior Spider-Man 20 JSC Variant? Cooling waaay off?

I doubt the news will affect this particular book. A Black Cat drawn JSC cover will likely hold its value:p

Based on this morning's 'news'.. what do you think will happen to the Superior Spider-Man 20 JSC Variant? Cooling waaay off?

I doubt the news will affect this particular book. A Black Cat drawn JSC cover will likely hold its value:p

I hope so.. I don't want to sell mine just yet!

What is "this morning's 'news'?"

-slym

Peter Parker will be back in Spider-Man's body starting will a rebooted 'Amazing Spider-Man' #1 in April