• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,830 posts in this topic

ugh...series finale....I was hoping it was going to continue.

Man, so people complained when they killed Peter off and started Superior, and now they complain when they bring Peter back and cancel Superior.

I wish people wouldn't do the former, and jump on every change that comes to comics when everyone knows that they'll end up liking it anyway in 3 months.

I quit reading Amazing in 2004 after 30+ years of reading and started back up with SSM which I really enjoyed. It felt redundant, especially after a few years of Ultimate Spider-man. I feel like they've told every possible story they can tell but maybe there will be another Venom or Carnage. I'm happy for those that wanted Peter parker back, I'm just not one of them.

$5.99 for the SS regulars just because of the 64 pages.....boy do I miss the prices of the 1960s.

I would never pay Marvel $5.99 for yet another #1 reboot of ASM. Maybe a pre-order from DCBS is in 'order'. It's pretty crazy when I can get a sandwich at Subway for less than an issue of a comic.

I quit reading Amazing in 2004 after 30+ years of reading and started back up with SSM which I really enjoyed. It felt redundant, especially after a few years of Ultimate Spider-man. I feel like they've told every possible story they can tell but maybe there will be another Venom or Carnage. I'm happy for those that wanted Peter parker back, I'm just not one of them.

Agreed. They really could have fleshed out Superior for a few years. Plenty of interesting storyline possibilities were there, a chance to take Spiderman to some new and darker places. I fear we'll be back to same-old, same-old.

-J.

The Fabok New 52 Tec 27, 1:100. This one seems to be for real and legitimately rare, "manufactured" rarity or not. Closed sales up more than 40% in the last week, and still not more than a couple to be found for sale at any given time. It seems most dealers just didn't bother to order enough of the regular cover to participate in the incentive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121253315407?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

-J.