• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

If Harbinger is a Wannabe X-Men, couldn't you say X-O Is a wannabe Iron Man?

Only if you've never read X-O Manowar and Iron Man. :baiting:

X-O Manowar is an amalgamation of several heroes: Captain America (man out of time), Iron Man (armor suit), and Conan (barbarian). The character has bits and pieces of all these heroes, but doesn't really relate directly to any of them. The otherworldly origin of the X-O Manowar armor also further distances the character from Iron Man.

Edited by rjrjr

Hmmmm, I think the movie is gonna do well.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "bomb".

It will make a ton of money. No doubt.

I agree

There will always be a few boardies who will throw out the 'it will bomb' talk. Plenty of IM3 hate and that film cranked out $1.2 Billion to date.

I see GotG doing just good enough to launch an animated cartoon series.

Who thought Iron Man 3 was going to bomb, though? They may not have liked the filmmakers' take on the Mandarin (and I have to admit I haven't seen it yet), but nobody thought it wouldn't make a ton of money.

When the Guardians of the Galaxy movie bombs (and I suspect it's going to be a huge dud), what are those IH #271 and associated GoG comics going to do?

Not Modern :sumo:

The Annihilation Conquest books certainly are. As well as the 2009(?) series. And the new one. More GoG comics have been published in the modern era than any other era.

When the Guardians of the Galaxy movie bombs (and I suspect it's going to be a huge dud), what are those IH #271 and associated GoG comics going to do?

Not Modern :sumo:

The Annihilation Conquest books certainly are. As well as the 2009(?) series. And the new one. More GoG comics have been published in the modern era than any other era.

Sorry, all I saw was IH 271. The 2009 series may cool if it's a dud, but I suspect #1 won't ever be cover price. That run is really good and long out of print. Currently, you can't find the TPBs anywhere.

Been picking up a bunch from quarter bins in the last couple of months, none of the 1st 10 issues though. Have to get hunting tomorrow.

Got a strong feeling Scalped will be next :wishluck:

Nice good luck tomorrow two announced in one day the comic shops will be raided tomorrow. lol

Add in that it was a failed movie and TV show already, nothing worth flipping there.

Aside from classics with huge followings like Sandman and Preacher it's a longshot to see a large price increase for a series that's ended several years ago like Red Star.

DMZ is still quite recent, that's where I'm betting my money